• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short Action Customs 6.5 Creedmoor build with Alpha 11 and Terry Cross Sentinel

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Shooters,

Just finished up a rifle build for a local shooter and figured I would show some color options and pictures. The customer supplied us with his Terry Cross Sentinel stock that was order in the past. This stock had the bedded chassis. I was impressed with the fit of the chassis and action. The barrel seemed to run very parallel with the channel. We opened up the ejection port rearward and refinished that area to match as best as we could.

Here are the specifications.

Short Action Customs Alpha 11 action.
Right Hand, Medium length.
20 MOA rail, double pinned with (6) 8/40 screws
Double pinned recoil lug
AW magazine well
APA bolt knob
Timney 510U trigger set to 2.5 lbs.

Bartlein M40 6.5mm 1-8" twist barrel. 5R rifling.
26" finish length with 5/8 x 24 threads.
Custom thread protector
Fitted AAC Breakout muzzle brake. Had to bump back the locking shoulder that the suppressor shoulders against. There was an excessive amount of play with the suppressor attached. After bumping it back, we removed the extra play.

Terry Cross KMW Sentinel stock with KMW DBM system.
All metal Cerakoted Coyote Tan with Federal Brown accents.

Thank you for viewing.

Mark Gordon
Short Action Customs, LLC

Damn fine work Mark. That is a thing of pure beauty, and the color choices are excellent.

ETA: I see that some of your actions have the heavy tang, but more of the recent ones have the regular tang. I read that you prefer the regular for stock blending, but is the heavy tang still an option?

Damn fine work Mark. That is a thing of pure beauty, and the color choices are excellent.

ETA: I see that some of your actions have the heavy tang, but more of the recent ones have the regular tang. I read that you prefer the regular for stock blending, but is the heavy tang still an option?

When we use a chassis, we prefer to use the Heavy Tang. On something like a Mcree, Ashbury, XLR and Terry Cross's chassis system, we can get by with a Rem tang with out any issues due to the nature of the chassis. On conventional "V-Block" style chassis, we prefer a Heavy Rem Tang. We like the Standard Rem Tang for all bedded stocks.

These are just preferences and not requirements.

Mark

Well, this makes me want to get my SAC 6.5mm Creedmoor even more. Of course, I couldn't wait on the Sentinel I had to go with the Manner's Folder - works for me.

Mark, it's just not right your are showing my rifle up within 5 days. Great looking gun!!! You, Sir, are an artist!!!!

Nice rifle Mark!

wdebo, I don't have a "waiting list" on stocks. Rifles, yes. Stocks, no.
Every week, I place individual orders for raw stocks from McMillan and am quoting around 6 months to delivery any spec SENTINEL stock. If I have a stock on order for you, please contact me with your information and let's see what is up because 18 months is way out of line.

Nice rifle Mark!

wdebo, I don't have a "waiting list" on stocks. Rifles, yes. Stocks, no.
Every week, I place individual orders for raw stocks from McMillan and am quoting around 6 months to delivery any spec SENTINEL stock. If I have a stock on order for you, please contact me with your information and let's see what is up because 18 months is way out of line.

Terry, I have had two Sentinels on order with you for about 10 months now.... I have tried PMing you here, calling you, and emailing about their status. One of them was for a friend of mine. He is also a member here and asked me to throw in his order with mine.

Last edited:
Terry, I have had two Sentinels on order with you for about 10 months now.... I have tried PMing you here, calling you, and emailing about their status. One of them was for a friend of mine. He is also a member here and asked me to throw in his order with mine.

It's been almost a year since I ordered mine. Last update I got was terry had the raw blanks in February. 3 months to finish them up?