• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short Action Customs: DTA 223 conversion. Updates 2/4/14

Can't wait for a update. I am ready to sell a rifle to get one. Hehehe

I know it's been a long road for Mark and the guys at sac, but I think mark is wanting to make it the best it can possibly be and not rushing something to market. He's a hell of a smith and I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait! Can't wait to see one!

I talked to Mark on the phone when I ordered a 260 barrel. It might be a little while longer he wants to test the mags to make sure they don't fail for a while. Mark does top notch work and will continue to do business with him. Keep up the great work Mark.

Shooters,

Just wanted to give a quick update. As you can imagine we have a pretty large work load and developing projects like this can make it difficult to balance everything out, but we have been working hard on wrapping this up as soon as possible. The two obstacles that we have been working through is getting more ejection power out of the compact 223 bolt and finishing up the magazine. The ejection problem has been fixed as of today, this small change will not push the already proven design back any. The magazine works great with 2.350" and shorter COAL. Anything longer loaded in the magazine has been having the bullet tip hit the DTA chassis feed ramp before the magazines feed ramp tilts it into the chamber properly. We are changing the current magazines integral feed ramp geometry to fix this issue. The biggest set back is we had to fire the manufacturer of the magazine today. There was a lack of communication, delays in dead lines, promised deliveries that fell through. We are having another firearms manufacturer make these for us and we are going to be pushing as hard to complete everything out. Obviously perfect function and performance is our biggest priority. I will give my word that we are trying very hard to complete this project and get it into the hands of shooters as soon as possible.

Mark

DTA 223 update - YouTube

Thanks for the update Mark. We are all waiting ,cash in hand, for the final product.

damn, that is the last straw, I have been thinking about getting a DTAC for a while but now I am out of excuses not to.