• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short Action Customs LLC work???

N2DADARK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
Hey all Im just wondering if anyone has had work done by the people at SAC, I was thinking of having my 700 cut down and a muzzle break installed, maybe a bolt knob and some trigger work, looks to be around 200-300 bucks. Not looking to smash these guys reps. just would like some pics of work and what you think about there work, Thanks

Re: Short Action Customs LLC work???

try the search function. yes mark is a very good smith

Mine is on his work bench right now.

Mark is GTG. I have been to his shop and he has what he needs to make your dreams come true. I had five 700 Rem triggers tuned by SAC and all were perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N2DADARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not looking to smash these guys reps. just would like some pics of work and what you think about there work, Thanks</div></div>
I think through some research you will find he is a good responsive gunsmith who cares about what he puts out of his shop. In other words he already has a good reputation so you sending your stuff to him will get quality work in return.

I've seen and shot with some of his handy-work. It was all first rate. If I didn't generally do my own work, he's on the short list of people that I'd send things off to do.

He's also a very nice guy to talk to and we've spent some time talking shop over the phone. I'm sure you'll be happy with Mark's turnaround time, quality of work and communication during the process.

Mark cut my 5R down, installed an APA brake, cerakoted the action and got the trigger job on my Xmark trigger perfect. I am very pleased with the results. Real nice guy too.

He did an excellent job of timing my brake, rechambering my rifle & installing a knob. Communicates well while the job is on going. I'll be calling him again very soon.

probably has some of the best communication of any smith i have worked with and work is top notch also.

one think you might try, since mark is a member here is using the user list at the top to find the member, i think he is xxx and then find his posts. you will see plenty of pictures. just based on his pictures, his work is top notch and i havent heard a complaint yet. he seems to be doing alot of different stuff. i dont have a 700 but i like machine work so i look at his posts and stuff and its always top quality clean machine work. and i dont know him of have any work by him, but i would not hesitate to have him chop my stuff and make me a sweet thread protector.

He is comepletly redoing a varmint rifle for me. A lot of people on the hide and i'm sure others have got nothing but great things to say about his work.

Thanks all I appriciate the insite, its good to hear from former customers. Ive never shipped anything (fire arms related), whats the basic rund down of it all, do I need to ship thru a FFL dealer or send the barrel assy, or what? This is all new to me.

My howa is getting reworked by him right now. I'll have a thread up when i get everything back and re-assembled. So far, he's been a absolute pleasure to work with. He's kept great contact, and answered any questions quickly. I like the fact he's honest too. He told me that my bolt handle was bent a little funky, so the knob install is not going to be perfectly seamless. *oh well... damn*. I'd rather find that out now, than get teh gun back and be like "wtf".

A+++++++++ To Mark @ SAC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N2DADARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks all I appriciate the insite, its good to hear from former customers. Ive never shipped anything (fire arms related), whats the basic rund down of it all, do I need to ship thru a FFL dealer or send the barrel assy, or what? This is all new to me. </div></div>

Give Mark a call and he can explain the shipping to you. No issues so dont worry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N2DADARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks all I appriciate the insite, its good to hear from former customers. Ive never shipped anything (fire arms related), whats the basic rund down of it all, do I need to ship thru a FFL dealer or send the barrel assy, or what? This is all new to me.</div></div>

I'm not exactly sure how the shipping process works either but just give Mark a call, he would be happy to make your rifle better and to tell you how to ship it.

Mark has done a bolt knob and shortened a barrel/install a muzzle brake on another rifle for me. His communication and turn around are excellent to say the least. He is now building me a 223AI from the ground up. Like the others, I have zero complaints and will quietly await the arrival of the SAC rifle.

<span style="font-weight: bold">His FN bolt knobs are a thing of beauty......</span>

FNHBOBoltKnob2.jpg

all this, and to think I had the VERY FIRST SAC build!!! OMG!!!! LOL, seriously, I've had two of Mark's rifles and they both shot LIGHTS OUT.

you can mail to a ffl and he can mail to you. box it and insure it for replacement costs. for a rifle, i think id go ups but usps will ship too. i would buy a cheap $20 case and put that in a bigger box. i worry because i had a stock get broke, luckily it was a plastic HK stock. but that was in a case too. maybe a big tube?

Can't say enough good things about Mark and his workmanship. The stick SAC did for me was the second thread in Dudeman's post above. You won't be disappointed with Mark's work.

SFT

I love the paint job on your gun. It makes me jealous every time I see it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFTexan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't say enough good things about Mark and his workmanship. The stick SAC did for me was the second thread in Dudeman's post above. You won't be disappointed with Mark's work.

SFT </div></div>