• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Short Action Customs rimfire build

ggmanning

Bird Dog
Minuteman
  • Apr 23, 2010
    Rural South
    Originally put this in the bolt action forum by mistake....figured I'd move it where it belongs.......

Bought a Sako Finnfire 94S Varmint a few years ago with intentions to build a .22 similar to my center fire rifles. Accumulated some pieces in between other stuff over time and finally got to the point it was time to send it off. Mark at SAC did the work and the specs are as follows:
    Cut stock barrel to 20" and thread 1/2-28
    A3 McMillan GAP molded camo
    Atlas BT17 rail
    Badger EFR
    Bed/paint
    Stock trigger is a nice adjustable so I kept it

Mark did a helluva job and it looks great....shot great unbedded in the wood stock so I am expecting the same or better.

2012-09-21_15-26-02_946_zpsa9ff910b.jpg

Re: Short Action Customs rimfire build

What suppressor?
    And is that model a repeater?

Lovin the A3. Nice work

DT

It is a repeater. The barreled acion is a Finnfire 94S....the predecessor to the Sako Quad. The can is a YHM Mite with redone K baffles by John Titsworth. They turned a crappy sounding Mite into a real good suppressor.
    http://www.thesilencerstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=42

There is a $50 rebate for the conversion on his forum if you look for "mite rebuid" it should show up. If you have a Mite it's a great way to make it a good can....if not buy a Silencerco Sparrow and get a good rimfire can without needing the recore.

Very nice. Working on 10/22. Think I'm going to change.

Have the big both to your rifle

How does it pattern

Nice!
    ETA,-- OK, I re-read, paying more attention about the rail.

Also, was the stock drop-in inletted or did SAC inlet it?

Thanks,

Wow G man looks great. Fantastic trainer for the 243 fat lady!

Trilogymac

Thanks Bill. Not the normal 40x, Anshutz or Sako Quad for a high end trainer build but I had the Finnfire and it made a real nice match to my center fire long guns.

Would not know that was a 22 if you did not sat anything. Cool rig. How does it shoot?

It shoots good. A ragged hole at 50 and not hard to shoot shoot mostly moa at 100 in calm conditions. That is with Wolf Match so I felt lucky it shot real good with cheap match ammo. It was accurate as a stock set up and I shot a few moa groups at 100 with it but it's much more consistently accurate now that it's bedded and chopped to 20".

This is truly an amazing gun! I need to quit looking at it because it is making me want one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BenY 2013</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is truly an amazing gun! I need to quit looking at it because it is making me want one! </div></div>Right?!? Me too.

Thanks fellas. It was a long time coming. I accumulated parts and pieces for a good while.