• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Short People Problems

outofspec

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2020
DFW
I've been into PRS shooting now for all of like six months and I'm finding very quickly my current stock isn't helping me grow as a shooter. Part of the issue is it is longer than the LOP I need. However, I can't seem to find many stocks that go down to 13.25" LOP. For the short shooters do you just adapt or do you have a custom stock made?

Magpul hunter stock

I'm looking at the MPA chassis, a KRG (I've never seen one in person), and one I just heard about called a G5C from PDC. The MPA I would have to have custom shortened if I understood the website correctly.

I have had the Magpul Hunter on my Remington 700 and realized quickly it wouldn’t work for me. I currently am running the Krg Bravo and I love it, however it does not have a long enough LOP for me. The whiskey and X-ray seem to be a good choice, but have not had those in hand. As for the MPA, I have only minimal experience with them, but I feel they would be a better option based off the way they are set up, not to mention they actually have some weight to them to help with recoil.

Reactions: crackerbrown
I've been into PRS shooting now for all of like six months and I'm finding very quickly my current stock isn't helping me grow as a shooter. Part of the issue is it is longer than the LOP I need. However, I can't seem to find many stocks that go down to 13.25" LOP. For the short shooters do you just adapt or do you have a custom stock made?
Is it possible to have a thinner recoil pad ground to fit w that chassis?

Not my favorite stock but a KRG bravo would get you where you need to be and is not too pricey.

From their web site
LOP range varies slightly between versions but is roughly 12.8” to 15”

Reactions: outofspec
I have had the Magpul Hunter on my Remington 700 and realized quickly it wouldn’t work for me. I currently am running the Krg Bravo and I love it, however it does not have a long enough LOP for me. The whiskey and X-ray seem to be a good choice, but have not had those in hand. As for the MPA, I have only minimal experience with them, but I feel they would be a better option based off the way they are set up, not to mention they actually have some weight to them to help with recoil.
I'll look more into the KRG stocks for sure, thanks.

Is it possible to have a thinner recoil pad ground to fit w that chassis?
The issue with the stock is that I am finding I need more from my stock than what the Magpul can offer me.

Not my favorite stock but a KRG bravo would get you where you need to be and is not too pricey.

From their web site
LOP range varies slightly between versions but is roughly 12.8” to 15”

I was looking at them, what do you think causes them to be lacking? I'm still trying to find a good choice so budget isn't in the picture, yet, but I'm not afraid of spending a decent amount.

Reactions: UNKBOLTGUNGUY
Check out the MDT offerings. Many of their chassis systems meet your length requirements, and you will not find a better company to deal with.

Hey @MDT_Josh, @MDT_OFFICIAL - what say you?
You rang?

We have our ACC and the SRS-X short which will produce a LOP from 12.5 - 13.5 which would be an excellent way to go!

Attachments

• L3.jpg
    L3.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 24
You rang?

We have our ACC and the SRS-X short which will produce a LOP from 12.5 - 13.5 which would be an excellent way to go!
@outofspec, you said you "aren't afraid of spending a decent amount." Well, chassis don't come any better than the ACC - different, for sure, less expensive, oftentimes yes, preferable to some over MDT offerings, maybe. I also have two rifles in MPA BA Comp chassis. Both the ACC and BA Comp are excellent. MPA as a company has done alright by me in the few dealings I've had with them (both chassis came through third parties); I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them. But MDT sets a bar that few companies approach, let alone reach.

Here's my Defiance Deviant / Bartlein / Timney Calvin Elite / ZCO in the MDT ACC with MDT 12-round mag (which is barely longer than my 10-rounders). Keep in mind MDT's 30-day return policy - if you don't like the chassis, they'll take it back. Check out the ACC and other models here. And yes, I'm an MDT fan boy, because they've earned it.
DefianceDeviantZCO.jpg

Chassis - MDT or XLR. Both can get a pretty short LOP and are comfortable. I've played with the MDT and personally think it's the most comfortable chassis on the market. My friend Janae shoots an XLR, loves it and swears by it, and has an 11" LOP.

Stocks - With the exception of a few that are actually designed to get a 90 degree trigger press, they can all be cut to fit whatever LOP you want. From my experience, the comfort level part is usually more of a grip to trigger issue than the actual LOP. I'm running a Foundation Centurion right now and my LOP is 13" if that helps.

Last edited:
Foundation Exodus can be dropped to 13" LOP if you pull the spacer. Most Manners stocks list at 13.75" with a 1" pad, but you could get a 1/2" one put on instead to come down to 13.25"

If money is not an issue it opens you up to pretty much anything.
Really like my MDT chassis, quality and support is first class and I happen to shoot better with a chassis than with a conventional stock.
If you get a conventional stock you are stuck with the grip, with a chassis you can usually find a grip that fits you.

Thanks everyone for your input I really do appreciate it. There really are some good options to look at. I was also not expecting to see as many good options for chassis. I know ARCA is in my future as well, so there's some solid choices.

Hard part comes next, decisions.

MDT finally released their short LOP stock we've been asking for a couple months ago, MPA made me a custom shorter LOP stock that I believe they now sell to everyone. And if you go with XLR, you can cut down the buffer tube to get a short LOP.

I bought my mcmillan a3 sporter before they introduced the a10.
I hade mcmillan cut the lop to 13.25 and i added material to the front of the grip to aid in trigger reach for my short fingers.

Its a block of g10 contoured to the front grip, then pinned and bedded with devcon 10110.

Attachments

• 20201016_100952.jpg
    20201016_100952.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 36