• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Shortening SWFA 10X42

cookie91/38

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2013
murrieta, California
Hey guys,

I have a swfa 10X42 on my Remington 700, and really like it. I do think it is a little too long though. I can screw off the the front piece(don't know correct term), but then the threads are showing. I can rotate that piece, but it doesn't come out. Is there anything I can do to take that piece out, short of sawing it off? Thanks, Evan

Assuming you haven't purged the nitrogen out of it and fucked the scope, put it back together and don't dick with it. Why do you want to shorten it?

You can unscrew the lens bell, don't do that, you will let the argon gas out and scope will fog on you, measure the protrusion if its about 2+ inches long you can unscrew it but do not unscrew the lens bell.

Not to mention if you have the sun coming at you at damn near any angle its going to suck with no shad at all on the objective.

I think they are damn good lookin scopes, just as they are. In fact, I like mine with the sunshades on them as well!!

DK