• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Shortest barrel 300 WSM used with a Harvester?

Graywolf.260

rocket surgeon
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Refuge des cosmiques
I’m putting together a 300 WSM for hunting with a Harvester, and I want a 22” barrel. I know Silencerco says the can is rated for a 20” 300 Win Mag but I want to hear real world experience a WSM to make sure to avoid trouble. I had a 21” 270 WSM that knocked some baffles out of my Harvester. Silencerco was great and repaired it fast and free but don’t want to be without a fan during hunting season.

Have you figured this out yet? Talked with silencerco? I'll be in a simalar situation with a chimera soon.

The only correct answer to your question will come from the manufacturer...in black and white.

Yeah, I would shoot Silencerco a note to confirm, but I will say I went ahead and cut the 300WSM barrel down to 22" and have been using the Harvester can without issues so far.

I blew the baffles out of mine the first day I got it on my 22” 300wm. I was pretty devastated when I figured out what happened. It wasn’t until then next day that I realized it. When I stood my rifle up in the safe, all the shards fell down the tube onto the bolt face. Got it out to go elk hunting and was saddened when opened the bolt to check for safe and could close it again. It had to happened on the last round or two of the day. They fixed it for free and I had it back within 14 days of sending. They didn’t give me any issues about either. I don’t run it on that rifle anymore but I do have it on a 21” 300 wsm. I haven’t had any issues since they fixed it the first time. I’m running 190 ABLR 2905 FPS. It say on their wed site rated for up to 20” 300 wm. I also think there is a round limit on that. It says you can go down to 16” with 308. Just don’t let it get to hot. On my mags I won’t go past 3 shots and 5 on my 308 and 6.5 before I let it cool off.

Reactions: Graywolf.260