• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SHOT 2020

Am I right in thinking there was little of anything interesting to the PRS stype scene this year?
Seem's like other than the Leica and the Kahles LVPO, there was nothing ground breaking announced and a lot of "it'll be ready soon" on cool stuff folk were hoping for.

March 5-42x56 and 4.5-28x52
Leica PRS 5-30x56
Leupold Mark 5 will get a normal tree reticle somewhere in between TMR and Horus.

All good news to me.

That is what comes to mind. If I think of anything else as I go along, I'll add it.

ILya

Reactions: RS14
I walked the entire show a couple years ago, first time going and tried to take everything in, I'll never do that again.

I did that two years ago and I think I almost OD'd on Ibuprofen. Never again.

Somewhat disappointed in the lack of new lighter options this year. Hoping we see more the rest of the year from the seeds here - more Vortex 10x Gen III models, better reticle options in the Leupolds. Maybe, maybe not. Wish Kahles had done more in their line.

Wasn’t there talk of a lighter, 30mm tubed, ffp Minox last year? Like the ZP5 line but slimmer and trimmer?

Leupold Mark 5 will get a normal tree reticle somewhere in between TMR and Horus.

I imagine Leupold would be pushing to get this out sooner rather than later?
I hope so as coming soon announcements that turn out to be next years shot show are getting lame.

If it works out well they just need to sort out their small FOV and stop charging $500 for illumination and they will have a winner on their hands.

Am I right in thinking there was little of anything interesting to the PRS stype scene this year?
Seem's like other than the Leica and the Kahles LVPO, there was nothing ground breaking announced and a lot of "it'll be ready soon" on cool stuff folk were hoping for.

What were you expecting?

Plenty of interesting stuff was there.

Was hoping 2020 would be the year Leupold finally understood the demographic for their Mark 5 scopes and came out with a reticle to compete with others in this space... apparently not. Oh well, plenty of other options and I'd likely want illumination anyway which puts the Mark 5 way over the competition in regard to price.

There is one coming.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Tract came out with the new 4.5-30x56 which seems geared for the PRS crowd.

Reactions: beetroot
Seriously? That would be fantastic, about flippin' time Leupold!!! Of course, we haven't seen it yet, Leupold doesn't have the greatest track record for making "good" reticles for this market.

Honestly knowing your preferences, you won’t like it lol. There’s a few decisions made on it that for a lot of you, you won’t like too much, but from a PRS perspective they make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: Glassaholic
Honestly knowing your preferences, you won’t like it lol. There’s a few decisions made on it that for a lot of you, you won’t like too much, but from a PRS perspective they make sense.
Any idea when it's due out?

What were you expecting?

Plenty of interesting stuff was there.

I was hoping for some big announcements by Vortex, Leupold etc, rather than just "they are coming".
Admittedly the Gen 3 1-10x was a bombshell but as that dropped before Shot Show most of the info is already out there.

I wasn't there so clearly can't comment, but I suppose I expected a bit more traffic on threads like this one.
Perhaps they will come once folk get back home again.

What are wjm308’s prefs? Forgive me, I remember reading his reviews, but forgot what he likes (and I can’t find the reviews I’m thinking about).

You know me well noob, I'm very picky about reticles, but I always preface with "personal preference" because I believe most reticles get the job done and it really does come down to personal preference. When I first used the FML-1 I thought it was the greatest thing since slice bread, then I had the Gen 2XR and thought the bread was even better there, then I used the SKMR and now we're moving into croissants, and the MR4, well that's cinnamon bun territory there ;) Buddy just picked up a TT with Gen 3XR so really curious how I like that compared to the MR4...

Then there is all the reticles I don't like and all the ones that are just meh...

I'm very happy with my TT315M and will stay with it.Just wish it had more elevation.Thank's for the video.

I hear ya on the pain.I am so spoiled in that 3 to 4K scope range that nothing else seems to cut it for me.TT and ZC have ruined me and I love it.

I for one am very happy there aren't a lot of new things... because it's really painful financially when there are. :p
I hear you dave! For me personally, it's the March 4.5-28x52 that has the most interest. For those who know me they know I've been critical of March in the past on the 3-24 series 8x scopes, really wanted to love those scopes but found the DOF and Parallax to be too finicky for my liking and did not like the reticles. Seems like with a new 6.2x design they might be focusing more on improving in these areas and if the 4.5-28 has great DOF/parallax, eyebox but in a short lightweight body, that's money right there, at least for me, I know it won't be for everyone but I've been dreaming of an Ultra Short that packs the punch of the standard long range design. The Kahles K318i, Schmidt US 3-20 and ZCO 4-20 come very close with the ZCO at the top with regard to overall optical mechanical performance, so the March has a huge hurdle to overcome if it hopes to compete at this level, but that is exactly my expectation from this scope - to compete at this level and as long as March doesn't price it out of the ballpark, I can see this scope replacing my ZP5's. We'll see, I have cautious optimism as so many scopes I hoped would be the best of both worlds have not quite checked all the boxes.

I imagine Leupold would be pushing to get this out sooner rather than later?
I hope so as coming soon announcements that turn out to be next years shot show are getting lame.

If it works out well they just need to sort out their small FOV and stop charging $500 for illumination and they will have a winner on their hands.
There is one coming.
Seriously? That would be fantastic, about flippin' time Leupold!!! Of course, we haven't seen it yet, Leupold doesn't have the greatest track record for making "good" reticles for this market.

If you listen to the VP precision podcast episode 13 they talk about it a little. Still isn’t a fully decided reticle yet. But they are close.

If you listen to the VP precision podcast episode 13 they talk about it a little. Still isn’t a fully decided reticle yet. But they are close.

It’s done. I saw it. Just had to go through patents etc now.

Reactions: beetroot
I was hoping for some big announcements by Vortex, Leupold etc, rather than just "they are coming".
Admittedly the Gen 3 1-10x was a bombshell but as that dropped before Shot Show most of the info is already out there.

I wasn't there so clearly can't comment, but I suppose I expected a bit more traffic on threads like this one.
Perhaps they will come once folk get back home again.

Vortex never waits until shot to release anything (for the most part). When it’s ready and ready to ship, the release it immediately.

Gentlemen, I started recording my impressions from SHOT while I still remember them. I did a Facebook Live an hour ago. Once the video uploads, I will also put it up on Facebook.

I'll do another Facebook Live session around 8PM Mountain time today.

ILya