• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Shot a sti today and I fell in love.

STI has made some pretty positive strides in their overall fit/finish/triggers in the last few years. That said, for todays STI cost, I wouldn't dismiss a custom build from a reputable smith.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
have a couple of sti's, awesome guns! 1911 ergos and triggers, with high capacity. hit a uspsa or 3 gun match and you'll see lots.

Man they are sweet aren't they? I have been toying with the idea of scooping up a 2011 as my next pistol purchase but I just keep running rounds through my TRP operator.

STI has made some pretty positive strides in their overall fit/finish/triggers in the last few years. That said, for todays STI cost, I wouldn't dismiss a custom build from a reputable smith.

I was looking at an STI and ended up going the custom route and picked up an Atlas. Excellent customer service and a great company to deal with

I have had a couple of 2011 STI pistols and can say my favorite one is the the Apeiro. I love the Shuman Island barrel design. The front site is on the barrel and moves very little. Plus the extra surface lockup on side to side is much better than the barrel hood can do. On the custom side look a Hayes Customs
1582228594465.png
STI Apeiro.jpg
1582228594465.png
1582228594465.pngSTI Apeiro.jpg

Reactions: Wyzrd
Love my Stacatto-P (4.15" barrel with the full dust cover!) and my Stacatto-C! Now I'm jonesing for a Stacatto-XC (or a TTI Combat Master) bad!

I agree with this. For not much more than a DVC Limited I built this custom 6" in 9mm for 3 Gun.

Full dust cover, 6" KKM barrel, slide and frame from STI, trigger and fire controls from SVI, Ed Brown thumb and grip safety, Dawson Precision Ice Magwell. Polished up by Ford's in Florida. All built to my specs with my slide cuts versus off the shelf..

I have an STI Edge as well. Great shooter, just not nearly as sexy as my custom.

Last edited:
I have several STI parts on my project 1911s but never had the money to buy one when I could (before the roster). Now I'm playing around with a 10mm converted Glock 21. I know it's not as nice but I'm not good enough with a pistol to take advantage of the difference.

Love my Staccato-C... Shoots as good (if not better) than my full size Nighthawk; and that’s saying something, especially for a compact/concealed carry pistol.

i-JJskMcP.jpg

...yes, I tend to push my rounds to the left (especially at longer ranges) on speed drills...working on it!

i-k7GCRzn.jpg

That's a really nice pistol, probably makes for a nice daily carry gun.

Good shooting as well! I went pistol shooting for the first time in a long time a few nights ago, and holy hell did I suck. I was really pushing them left. I really need to hone down my pistol technique :unsure:

fallen in love with less so yea sti is a great gun have you decided which kidney to part with yet ?

Love my Staccato-C... Shoots as good (if not better) than my full size Nighthawk; and that’s saying something, especially for a compact/concealed carry pistol.

i-JJskMcP.jpg

...yes, I tend to push my rounds to the left (especially at longer ranges) on speed drills...working on it!

i-k7GCRzn.jpg
Love the Stacatto-C! Easy to carry and the included Long's Shadow holster is pretty nice!

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I bet your trigger finger is pushing left during the stroke. Easy to do, one of my bad habits also.

yup... not enough finger pad on the trigger. Not an issue when I’m shooting slow, but get’s me almost every time when firing from the draw or doing speed drills unless I really, really focus on it. Getting better, but it’s been tougher than expected breaking this bad habit.

This. STI has priced themselves high and their warranty (as stated) is crap compared to before.

I don't know if it's true, but I heard from a guy at the range the other day, that STI was getting out of the game gun market, to focus on "tactical" pistols.

If you go look at their website, the current (STI produced) pistol offering selection seems to support this.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I have an STI Marauder, I like it and picked it up for under $1700. That said my next one will be a custom one. I'm looking at Warwick Tactical for that.

I love my STI Marauder, it has been perfect for 30k rounds, but at the price STI wants for a new DVC I’d pass on it, for 1500-2000 more you can have a Infinity, which I also have.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
I bet your trigger finger is pushing left during the stroke. Easy to do, one of my bad habits also.

I figured it had something to do with my trigger technique.

It bugs me now, I want to go back to the range to experiment with some different hand and trigger finger placement and find something that works.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
If you are drawing, it’s easy to get lost in the draw and presentation, and let your finger get to deep into the trigger well. I’m only talking 3/8” or so, then your trigger finger will push left a little as it’s stroking. I can get it right every time if I’m going slow and thinking about it, it’s when that damn start buzzer goes off and I’m trying to get ‘er done that I mess it up.

Reactions: Wyzrd and kthomas
I had the opportunity to shoot most of the STI’s at one of their events. Really liked the DVC Omni. Then... Nighthawk released their double stack. Wow.

I have a DVC 3 Gun. It's practically perfect. Supremely accurate. Never fails. Why is it that when I look for STI pistols today all I see is the Staccato series? Don't they produce any others anymore?

Reactions: Wyzrd
I haven't been paying attention but I think STI might be changing their products because the 2011 copyright or patent expired and third parties started making compatible frames.

For a custom race gun, it doesn't matter if the parts are genuine STI/SVI as long as they work.

For a carry gun, if they are bringing really high quality and a compelling feature set in a gun that looks really nice, they are going to appeal to the John Wick replica gun market for people who can't quite afford a TTI, people who want a pretty racy carry gun and people who just demand a double stack carry gun but don't like the Glock 21.

I played with the Staccato P today at my buddies gunshop. I have to admit to being a little disappointed with the weight. Its 7ozs heavier than my EDC 1911 in 45ACP. It's a commander length with an aluminum frame. Which means the Staccato grossly outweighs any polymer frame guns.

The steel frame came as a surprise. I really thought they were pushing for the carry market with this handgun. So I thought they would go aluminum. Maybe they are wanting the whole Tactical Timmy market with red dot, lasers and lights.

I have to rethink it now.

I played with the Staccato P today at my buddies gunshop. I have to admit to being a little disappointed with the weight. Its 7ozs heavier than my EDC 1911 in 45ACP. It's a commander length with an aluminum frame. Which means the Staccato grossly outweighs any polymer frame guns.

The steel frame came as a surprise. I really thought they were pushing for the carry market with this handgun. So I thought they would go aluminum. Maybe they are wanting the whole Tactical Timmy market with red dot, lasers and lights.

I have to rethink it now.
I thought the staccato P was a polymer frame?

I thought the staccato P was a polymer frame?

Staccato - P

$1,999

Barrel - 4.4 inch Bull Barrel
Finish - Diamond Like Carbon, Black
Magazines - 1x 126mm & 2x 140 mm
Trigger - 4 lbs with Ambi Safety Levers
Front - Dawson Precision Fiber Optic
Rear - T.A.S. II
Recoil System - Dawson 4.4 Adaptive Tool-less Recoil System
Grip - 2011® G2, Full Length, Black
Frame - Billet Steel Frame w/ Accessory Rail
Caliber - 9mm

I have an STI sentry 9mm. MAN what a nice shooter. It’s a toss up between the STI and my Wilson Combat custom 9mm.

My last 2011, SVI IMM .38sc Open

Attachments

• KD3.jpg
    KD3.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 28
  • KD1.jpg
    KD1.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 28
  • KD4.jpg
    KD4.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 29
1A8E2C5D-0615-4089-BA36-4AA7B0E3E87B.jpeg
Those staccatos are so cool I’m hesitant to post this old beater. But I love it anyways

Reactions: 91Eunozs
View attachment 7263333Those staccatos are so cool I’m hesitant to post this old beater. But I love it anyways
In Germany, STP still makes 1911/2011 pistols in a more sporty vein. I recall they had a connection with STI, before.