• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot my Rooney Rifle, and I survived!!!!!

thetonk

Minuteman
Jan 19, 2012
Pa
Well after plenty of harassment about my rifle(from you guys). Finally had my rifle checked. And went out and shot it. I only had some 308 silver state armory ammo.(a bit over pressure). But. Just basic shooting off a bipod did between 1/2 and 3/4 Moa. Not even really trying. So being that his is probably my 10th 308. And I want a longer barrel.( currently 20"). I've got a bartlein 6.5 barrel blank mtu contour on the way. Should be here Thursday. Than on the way up to the smith at village arms for a rebarreling Than eventually for a cerakote for the barrel and action.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
The issue wasn't so much that they wouldn't shoot (though it's been documented that many don't) but the fact that what was sold didn't match up to the absolute-high-end-price that TR charged for what is a basic rifle.

I'm not even arguing. Just stating that I'm going creedmoor. First shot in this was with a lead sled. And a string. My tore into this one Told me everything seemed pretty solid. I just want to go a different caliber and get away from that name

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

good to hear you survived. hopefully your smith doesn't find anything interesting during the rebarrel process.

I just don't think they're $8000 rifles, I haven't really been paying attention to all of their flaws but for the price they're asking there shouldn't be any

well i got mine cheap and unfired, dont know of em costing $8k without a scope

So you paid $20 for your rifle? I'm not sure I get you bro. Congrats on the rifle and a good day shooting.

Is this the rifle you were going to have Marc take a look at for you?

Happy you survived shooting it (if you didn't have it inspected first). Tell the truth, did you have on a welding visor and your eyes closed in case it CATO'd on you? ;)

Is this the rifle you were going to have Marc take a look at for you?

Happy you survived shooting it (if you didn't have it inspected first). Tell the truth, did you have on a welding visor and your eyes closed in case it CATO'd on you? ;)
yeah, after emailing him a couple of times, he told me to pm him and just never replied to the pm or emails any more, so dont know what to do about that. oh, there was a lead sled, and a long string involved

So you paid $20 for your rifle? I'm not sure I get you bro. Congrats on the rifle and a good day shooting.

$20 = raffle ticket = some funky italian over and under ( that id never shoot)= tactical rifles m40, which is actually a sweet looking rig, and shot a nice group. just wanted a different caliber, and to make sure its right

yeah, after emailing him a couple of times, he told me to pm him and just never replied to the pm or emails any more, so dont know what to do about that. oh, there was a lead sled, and a long string involved

He was probably tied up getting the order for my new rifle processed ;) Don't take it personally or hold it against him, I got the impression that Marc was really overwhelmed with this lawsuit. I made him a deal that once we'd gotten the work order completed and he had my money that I didn't expect to hear from him until he needed more money and to just handle his business as best he could amidst the huge distractions.

Smart move on the lead sled and LONG string!

I figured it was his post modern, art deco clearing barrel. That or some really friggin big rodents that had carpenter's squares...

:)

Is no one going to mention the giant hole in OPs wall?
you've got me, its really me David Rooney, I was shooting a rifle that i charged myself $25000 for in my basement. it blew up took a square chunk out of my wall and now im disfigured, and i look like Sloth from The Goonies now!!! the only thing i can do now, is try to conivnce everybody that my rifles are top dollar tack drivers on here while I drink tea and bisquits, through a straw!!!

Is no one going to mention the giant hole in OPs wall?

you've got me, its really me David Rooney, I was shooting a rifle that i charged myself $25000 for in my basement. it blew up took a square chunk out of my wall and now im disfigured, and i look like Sloth from The Goonies now!!! the only thing i can do now, is try to conivnce everybody that my rifles are top dollar tack drivers on here while I drink tea and bisquits, through a straw!!!

It looks a lot more like a place where a heating duct return grill is going to go after the duct work is installed and the room is finished.

Well for all of you that have had dealings with Tactical Rifles and David Rooney, you will be happy to know that I have sued both and actually was able to pierce the corporate veil and got a Judgment yesterday against David Rooney personally! Please PM me for more information!

Reactions: Bender