• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot Show 2020 Thread!!!

Sorry if this has already been covered, but Seekins has a prototype precision bolt action chassis on display. I didn’t take a pic but found one online. I played around with it a bit...it’s a prototype so I won’t be too harsh on the adjustment levers not really working. The grip ergos were decent, with a small thumb rest protrusion. I don’t really understand the fake carbon fiber inlets, but we’ll see if they make it to production.
CCB153F2-10F6-454D-A0D3-D1AA2C30765C.jpeg

On the AICS SR - does anyone know about the top rails? are they selling scope bases that butt tot he top rail as in the show demos or is that a continuous rail?
Yes, it is an AI action rail that marries up to the forend tube Picatinny rail. They offer the same thing for the current AX-AICS chassis.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but Seekins has a prototype precision bolt action chassis on display. I didn’t take a pic but found one online. I played around with it a bit...it’s a prototype so I won’t be too harsh on the adjustment levers not really working. The grip ergos were decent, with a small thumb rest protrusion. I don’t really understand the fake carbon fiber inlets, but we’ll see if they make it to production.
View attachment 7233264

looks decent. Definitely see potential. But it ain’t no AO chassis. Lol

I preferred the Xylo. It just oozed craftsmanship and quality, not that Manners doesn't, but something about it just seemed perfect. The amount of thought put into it is really amazing, from the knureled top edge of the side rail, to the built-in Area-419 Arcalock rail, to the ambidextrous built-in bubble level (it pops out either side so Lefty's aren't left out), to the Walnut grip (yes, wood, and it's really nice), to the super fast, easy adjustments of the LOP and cheekrest height, which are still rock-solid, precise and fast.

Integral interior front end weight kit, M-lock rail, rear weight kit etc, etc, etc. Oh, and it comes with a lug-lock too if you want to use it. The geometry of the receiver area has changed for better positive clamping to keep everything in line. It's really light weight too, so if you want to hunt with it, pop the weights out and go. Just all around badass and extremely well engineered. Kudos to Ted and crew!

Sorry this pic is crappy, it's a zoom of my original. You can see some of the weights in the chassis at top, and the grippy knurling on the rail edge. The chassis at bottom shows the Arcalock rail which isn't an attachment, but is machined into the chassis.
View attachment 7231871

#iwantone !!!
Very nice, I may have to consider this for my next build.

Anyone get hands on with the new MDT Vertical Grip? It may seem like a minor product, but I have only one dislike on my ACC, Im hoping this fixes that.

Anyone get hands on with the new MDT Vertical Grip? It may seem like a minor product, but I have only one dislike on my ACC, Im hoping this fixes that.

I'd add to that, I'd be interested in knowing if this new one is AR compatible, the previous ones were not.

25 cal seems to be catching on a bit.
Has anyone seen any new high BC 25 cal bullets??
I just sent a Bartlein M24 7.5T Blank to LRI for a 25 SST

I bought an MDT grip on Black Friday.

It looks nice online but it doesn't seem right on my first gen MDT LSS.

What did MDT change?

It looks pretty bulky. But it fits well in the hand. Similar feel to the xylo chassis grip.

Reactions: Airw4ves

What did MDT change?
I have one.
it’s pretty comfy
I wish is was a bit narrower in the front but it’s not bad.
Temped to modify it or make wood panels instead.

There will be a new 115gr .257 solid with a .330ish G7 soon. I'll be getting some to prototype test when the 1st batch is done.

Perfect!
SST should run the 131 Blackjacks north of 3200 without pushing hard, so a solid option will be tits.
Please let us know who is making them when you can. I'm asking for the cut off of the barrel back with solids in mind. I know Warner will measure and tweak the program to suit the bore (if that's who your getting them from).
The Ace's will hunt and Hammer has the hunting solids covered, but I was hoping for more VLD solid options.

Really wish someone in the US would do a solid VLD's with the drive bands like the GS customs. I think there is way more performance gain possible with this type of bullet design vs chasing GT barrels. GSC may have this technology locked up with patents, but I'm sure someone could work a licensing deal. If I were in the bullet business I'd be all over making that happen.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Finger Lake Micronics. PVA will be the distributor/dealer for the bullets. They already have a 100gr 6mm with a .318G7, a 163gr and 178gr .30 cal, and a 6.5 solid match and a solid hunting bullet. This pic is a 115gr RDF on the left and a 100gr Seneca solid on the right.
Screenshot_20200124-235221_Instagram.jpg

Any shot show news on the J Allen stocks or whatever they are called now? Anyone see if Armalite reintroduced the AR-180? I know that’s not snipershide related but I really want one and I read they were supposed to have one on display...

What did MDT change?

From the looks of it, they created a fatter, larger grip that fills the palm a bit better (from what I can tell pausing a video and zooming in). I had asked Josh for a larger grip at a match and he said they were working on one as its a common request. I don't hate the current one, but I do like my palm supported, much like that of a traditional stock.

I liked the look of the Ckye Thomas ones, but 3D Printed plastic is slippery, so I opted to wait. A rubber overmoulded large grip would be the ticket.

Anywho, back to the Shotshow pics! Keep em coming!

Any shot show news on the J Allen stocks or whatever they are called now? Anyone see if Armalite reintroduced the AR-180? I know that’s not snipershide related but I really want one and I read they were supposed to have one on display...
I asked Josh about the J Allen stocks a while back and he said it would be at least late 2020. I expect they'll be out next SHOT.

Reactions: GhostFace
Assuming VZ is there, would some of you bolt gun aficionados ask them to make a shallow/straight up AR grip angle for the many chassis that take AR grips.
Please pester the shit out of them!!!
1579929670159.png

Yes, it’s decent. But the first stage is pretty short travel and not adjustable for travel.

And to be fair they had the break weight turned way down (cause that’s what everyone wants ?) so it was hard to really get a good feel.

As of right now, no longer interested enough to replace my TT single stages

A really short/light initial travel & a really light break at the wall is pretty much exactly what I want. Actually, I think that's what most people want. heh

So, my list of interesting stuff. Fairly in order of what I’ll be getting:

Hoplite rifle
Amp arbor press
.224 Valkyrie conversion for AI (still need to get a barrel and mags basically for my kit)
Mpct3 reticle
Tubb nose ring tool
Gunwerks verdict stock

Possible buys (don’t need but want)

Xylo chassis
Archimedes action
Gap production rifle
41xc
Steel Core Rifle

Likely won’t buy but still impressive:

Untimatum Duece
Ultimatum Defacto barreled action
Manners new prs stock and accessories
Vortex Razor gen3 1-10

Last edited:

Hoplite rifle
Amp arbor press
.224 Valkyrie conversion for AI (still need to get a barrel and mags basically for my kit)
Mpct3 reticle
Tubb nose ring tool
Gunwerks verdict stock

Xylo chassis
Archimedes action
Gap production rifle
41xc
Steel Core Rifle

Untimatum Duece

I was already contemplating a 37XC and I now Have a few spots to stretch one out.
Curious if the 41XC juice is worth the squeeze.

I would probably wait.

If someone scales up a Sig 277 Fury to a Magnum case size in .338 or .375, it might not take as much squeeze to get that juice.

Anybody got details on the AMP arbor press?

Early prototype at the show

Will work on PC first and then an app

Measures most anything you want (seating depth, travel, pressure, etc)

Planning on being able to set alerts when one is seated outside of user set parameters (so you don’t have to look at data for each individual round)

$500 ish projected price point to include press and software

Planning on being able to set alerts when one is seated outside of user set parameters (so you don’t have to look at data for each individual round)

That’s pretty amazing for that price.

Reactions: alfmoonspace

That’s what I said. I went through the whole demo and explanation thinking it wouldn’t be worth it to me as I don’t shoot F class or Benchrest. Figured $1500+ and I couldn’t justify that for my purposes.

When I asked price point at the end and it was $500, I tried to pay him on the spot for one ASAP. I paid either $300 or $350 for my hydro press. Another 150-200 for this is a no brainer.

Thanks

Absolutely!

i would try one out for that price

Hoplite rifle
Amp arbor press
Mpct3 reticle
Tubb nose ring tool
Gunwerks verdict stock

Xylo chassis
Archimedes action
Gap production rifle
41xc
Steel Core Rifle

Untimatum Duece
Vortex Razor gen3 1-10

Who is doing .224 Valkyrie conversions? Same guy doing the .223 one?

Damn was hoping someone like AI. Not that his kit isn’t good. But to my understanding he doesn’t make it for the AXMC. I want a conversion for mine

AI doesn’t have much interest in conversions for any of the older (non asr and such) rifles.

Their main buyers are mil/le and there is little or no need for .223 and .224 bolt guns.

FU casual shooters!
It’s their business model.
Their focus is elsewhere.
Oh I understand that. I just know at this time the guy making the .223 conversions is not making them for the AXMC. I know the guy making them is stand up. I’ve talked to home about my AXMC and he does not make them. Was just getting my hopes up someone was making a kit for it. I don’t want to buy another rifle

That’s what I said. I went through the whole demo and explanation thinking it wouldn’t be worth it to me as I don’t shoot F class or Benchrest. Figured $1500+ and I couldn’t justify that for my purposes.

When I asked price point at the end and it was $500, I tried to pay him on the spot for one ASAP. I paid either $300 or $350 for my hydro press. Another 150-200 for this is a no brainer.

Any word on a time table for release?

That's fucking fantastic sounding, especially for those of us who can be OCD reloaders

Reactions: Mormegil87
I've been incredibly impressed with the Taipan Veteran. The 2 stage trigger is really, really good and adjustable. You can adjust the speed from 400 fps to ~1000 fps. It's very accurate, and at a really good price for it's features.

Yeah that's another one. A friend has the shorter version of the Taipan and it's been a good gun.

Any word on a time table for release?

October at the earliest. Seems to have the press itself figured out, but the software is gonna take a while. Right now it’s just a graph. Looks good, but still crude.

I’m probably just going to forget about it and be happy when it releases and I buy one. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just releasing and showcasing a finished product next year at shot.