• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot Show 2020 Thread!!!

That's fucking fantastic sounding, especially for those of us who can be OCD reloaders

Honestly, other than getting my hands on sentinel hoplite, this press is the most exiting thing I’ve seen once I found out the price point.

Reactions: kthomas
Here are a few pics I took while there.

New Mack Bro’s action. Nitride bolt, stainless body. AICS/AW cut. 20 MOA rail. Trigger hangers available in .010” increments for timing. Side bolt release above the stock line. Unique keyed lug. They claim more contact area and no pins needed. $575.

3BB29020-A0E2-4465-B05E-57CA65E7485E.jpeg

3EBD33F6-4F73-4C9A-9150-6190A438D6A5.jpeg

CBDF76EA-B0EF-449C-976C-8E1C0BDA758E.jpeg

One pic of the new Seekins prototype action. Sorry I couldn’t get the whole rifle. There were too many people in the booth. They said they are still working on it. It felt ok but they have some things to work out. They mentioned the detention for the dust cover was getting damaged along with some other minor things. Might be a good option for hunting rifles?

0B6C1578-3093-4B76-B4F1-C74D9D162387.jpeg

I noticed this in the Gunwerks booth. The person told me it was a new Spartan Precison bipod. Anyways I thought I would grab a pic in case anyone was interested. I have no info on it.

60F7380B-5522-4584-8AC0-E4EE2ABF6C7A.jpeg

I missed a few things because they closed the top level the day I arrived. This was my first time at shot so it was a scramble to try and see everything in two days.

Some highlights were conversations I had. I met the guys at ArKen optics and they are nice guys. I was told they import the glass and a few other things, but are machining the bodies and turrets in house. They appreciate the feedback on here and just want to make good products at great prices. I gave them my feedback and think they will try to get things right.

I spent some time with Mike and Adam and a couple others at MHS. I enjoyed it and had some good laughs with Mike. He lived in the area I do in CA so that gave us more laughs. Good guys over there. Thanks for the patch Mike!

The guys from KRG were really cool. I enjoyed talking to them and appreciate the nice 10 year anniversary glass they gave me for being a customer.

I found that most of the guys that sell products for the long range market were really cool. It was the bigger brands that seemed arrogant with some exceptions.

Things I thought were interesting but didn’t get pics:

Vudoo 22mag/17 HMR
Zermatt Rimfire
MPA brass catcher ($160 ouch)
Manners new products
GAP production rifle but wish they had other caliber options
Laugo Arms Alien pistol. Really innovative and well made, but $4-5000 is too much for me
Super CAL bipod
KRG 10/22 stock and some new add ons for the Bravo chassis
Nightforce Prism
Drake Athena rifle. Pretty interesting concept with results to back up the claims.
RRS products
Arsenal AK 20 rifle
BLK LBL bipod/handguard for AR platform rifles
New Defiance actions

There were others but I can’t remember. I was disappointed with the Cross rifle. The action felt OK but the chassis was already wobbly in the folding mechanism after a few days at the show. I noticed most of the AR brands booths were slow except for Aero Precison and CMMG. I must have had The same list of manufacturers to see as the 8541 dude on YouTube. Literally almost every booth I went to the first day he was either there or walked up while I was there to film or take pics. That sucked a little because I had to wait to see some products, but I get it.

Overall I enjoyed the show. It was nice to see many of the products I was interested in and get to touch and feel them. I don’t have a local dealer that carries any of the things I am interested in. There were more foreign people there than I imagined. I think half of Sweden was there haha! It was also cool to talk to the people at many of the brands and meet people in person that I have spoke to on the phone or over email. I turned down a bunch of free things because I’m not a dealer. I did get a few unique things that I couldn’t turn down.

Here are a few pics I took while there.

New Mack Bro’s action. Nitride bolt, stainless body. AICS/AW cut. 20 MOA rail. Trigger hangers available in .010” increments for timing. Side bolt release above the stock line. Unique keyed lug. They claim more contact area and no pins needed. $575.

View attachment 7233896
View attachment 7233898
View attachment 7233899

One pic of the new Seekins prototype action. Sorry I couldn’t get the whole rifle. There were too many people in the booth. They said they are still working on it. It felt ok but they have some things to work out. They mentioned the detention for the dust cover was getting damaged along with some other minor things. Might be a good option for hunting rifles?

View attachment 7233903

I noticed this in the Gunwerks booth. The person told me it was a new Spartan Precison bipod. Anyways I thought I would grab a pic in case anyone was interested. I have no info on it.

View attachment 7233907

I missed a few things because they closed the top level the day I arrived. This was my first time at shot so it was a scramble to try and see everything in two days.

Some highlights were conversations I had. I met the guys at ArKen optics and they are nice guys. I was told they import the glass and a few other things, but are machining the bodies and turrets in house. They appreciate the feedback on here and just want to make good products at great prices. I gave them my feedback and think they will try to get things right.

I spent some time with Mike and Adam and a couple others at MHS. I enjoyed it and had some good laughs with Mike. He lived in the area I do in CA so that gave us more laughs. Good guys over there. Thanks for the patch Mike!

The guys from KRG were really cool. I enjoyed talking to them and appreciate the nice 10 year anniversary glass they gave me for being a customer.

I found that most of the guys that sell products for the long range market were really cool. It was the bigger brands that seemed arrogant with some exceptions.

Things I thought were interesting but didn’t get pics:

Vudoo 22mag/17 HMR
Zermatt Rimfire
MPA brass catcher ($160 ouch)
Manners new products
GAP production rifle but wish they had other caliber options
Laugo Arms Alien pistol. Really innovative and well made, but $4-5000 is too much for me
Super CAL bipod
KRG 10/22 stock and some new add ons for the Bravo chassis
Nightforce Prism
Drake Athena rifle. Pretty interesting concept with results to back up the claims.
RRS products
Arsenal AK 20 rifle
BLK LBL bipod/handguard for AR platform rifles
New Defiance actions

There were others but I can’t remember. I was disappointed with the Cross rifle. The action felt OK but the chassis was already wobbly in the folding mechanism after a few days at the show. I noticed most of the AR brands booths were slow except for Aero Precison and CMMG. I must have had The same list of manufacturers to see as the 8541 dude on YouTube. Literally almost every booth I went to the first day he was either there or walked up while I was there to film or take pics. That sucked a little because I had to wait to see some products, but I get it.

Overall I enjoyed the show. It was nice to see many of the products I was interested in and get to touch and feel them. I don’t have a local dealer that carries any of the things I am interested in. There were more foreign people there than I imagined. I think half of Sweden was there haha! It was also cool to talk to the people at many of the brands and meet people in person that I have spoke to on the phone or over email. I turned down a bunch of free things because I’m not a dealer. I did get a few unique things that I couldn’t turn down.
$575 for the Mac Bro’s action? When are they out? I’ll be a guinnea pig at that price.

That Mack bro’s action look awesome. definitely would pick one up to build off of. What is the action threaded for? Savage, Remington? Just curious what prefit barrels would work with it.

Reactions: duramaxed
$575 for the Mac Bro’s action? When are they out? I’ll be a guinnea pig at that price.

They said hopefully in a couple of months. I went back a second time to ask more questions. I forgot to mention is that with that recoil lug design they were able to get more thread length for the barrel. I want to say they told me more than 1/8” but it might have been more. They also said the rail mounting holes use Remington 700 spacing but that’s based on a two piece mount design. He said the one piece rail bolt spacing will only work with their rail. He mentioned Talley mounts as an example of what would work. So for the hunting guys you have another option.

I asked about tolerances for coating the action tube and they said it should be fine with Cerakote assuming it’s not applied too thick. They didn’t have it mounted in a stock or a rifle built with one, but it felt good to me. The bolt to body clearance seems tighter than my TL3 action, but not crazy tight like a bench rest action would be. I have a 700 action I was planning to rework. I think I’ll just get one of these instead.

For the money it’s a no brainer. It was really nice and the low price made it better. I have zero affiliation with them. It was just something I stumbled on since they were next to Badger. I figured I would share it here as a low price option for a build.

They said hopefully in a couple of months. I went back a second time to ask more questions. I forgot to mention is that with that recoil lug design they were able to get more thread length for the barrel. I want to say they told me more than 1/8” but it might have been more. They also said the rail mounting holes use Remington 700 spacing but that’s based on a two piece mount design. He said the one piece rail bolt spacing will only work with their rail. He mentioned Talley mounts as an example of what would work. So for the hunting guys you have another option.

I asked about tolerances for coating the action tube and they said it should be fine with Cerakote assuming it’s not applied too thick. They didn’t have it mounted in a stock or a rifle built with one, but it felt good to me. The bolt to body clearance seems tighter than my TL3 action, but not crazy tight like a bench rest action would be. I have a 700 action I was planning to rework. I think I’ll just get one of these instead.

For the money it’s a no brainer. It was really nice and the low price made it better. I have zero affiliation with them. It was just something I stumbled on since they were next to Badger. I figured I would share it here as a low price option for a build.
I wasn’t planning on a rifle build this year, but why not really.

Do you know if they are doing just short action or also long? Mag bolt face?

I assume the new Mack bros action is a steel version of their titanium EVO action. If so, they should have the same barrel tenon specs.

Attachments

• EVO-Tenon-Instructions-and-Warning.pdf
    88.4 KB · Views: 98
i didn’t ask about bolt face options but their bolt is offered in magnum and “standard”. I would assume they will have both as options.

The person I spoke to the second time said the specs were slightly different on the SS action because of the difference with the lug. He showed me both side to side but my eyes aren’t calibrated enough to see the differences on the table.

Reactions: Secant
i didn’t ask about bolt face options but their bolt is offered in magnum and “standard”. I would assume they will have both as options.

The person I spoke to the second time said the specs were slightly different on the SS action because of the difference with the lug. He showed me both side to side but my eyes aren’t calibrated enough to see the differences on the table.
Did you happen to ask if it come with different size trigger hangers? Looks like it has one.

I need to swing over to Mack Brothers and check out this action. I may be leaving with one.

That Mack Bro's action looks nice at that price.

I'm not sure about the recoil lug. I think licensing the ARC Nucleus keyed recoil lug design would have made the machining much less expensive and I'm not sure I like the idea of that receiver being incompatible with every Remington and Savage recoil lug out there, even if it does give a little more barrel thread engagement.

Honestly, I think an integral recoil lug is an expensive feature that really doesn't have much functional difference from a well done Savage or Remington 700 style recoil lug.

My complaint is that Mack Bro's made the cheap recoil lug in to something expensive.

ARC made a cheap recoil lug that keys in to the scope rail and does the same thing as Mack Bro's but if you had to use a plain Remington 700 style recoil lug, you could, you would only lose the keying feature.

If you had a Mack Bro's and you needed a recoil lug, you better hope Mack Bro's has some on the shelf or you are up shit creek.

The Dan Wesson is interesting, but I can't imagine the trigger being any better than that on the CZ TSO already, I've owned plenty of high end 1911's and to me the TSO trigger is up there with them all. The only place a 1911 trigger might be better is bump shooting off the reset and some of the controls will be more familiar for people. If they had used a 1911 double stack handle ergos I could see it but they even mimic'd the CZ 75 etc. handle. Now if it was a .45 I'd be in.

Honestly, I think an integral recoil lug is an expensive feature that really doesn't have much functional difference from a well done Savage or Remington 700 style recoil lug.

My complaint is that Mack Bro's made the cheap recoil lug in to something expensive.

ARC made a cheap recoil lug that keys in to the scope rail and does the same thing as Mack Bro's but if you had to use a plain Remington 700 style recoil lug, you could, you would only lose the keying feature.

If you had a Mack Bro's and you needed a recoil lug, you better hope Mack Bro's has some on the shelf or you are up shit creek.
Flyer, I’m curious if you’ve ever ruined a recoil lug? Or, are you thinking 20-100 years down the road where *maybe* someone comes across an EVO and the lug is nowhere to be found? Seems far-fetched to me and I don‘t envision a proprietary lug hurting their sales.

Where can I find more info?
What there is so far. Note started in July.

The Dan Wesson is interesting, but I can't imagine the trigger being any better than that on the CZ TSO already, I've owned plenty of high end 1911's and to me the TSO trigger is up there with them all. The only place a 1911 trigger might be better is bump shooting off the reset and some of the controls will be more familiar for people. If they had used a 1911 double stack handle ergos I could see it but they even mimic'd the CZ 75 etc. handle. Now if it was a .45 I'd be in.
I'm curious what the safety setup is like? I think I saw a video stating it was a series 70 trigger.

Does it have a grip safety? If it is a 1911 style trigger and no grip safety, is it just a disconnector and a thumb safety?

Is the ambi thumb safety the typical Swensen style? The ergos are fine but I don't really trust the way the two halves connect.

It's a really nice looking pistol and the Sig style barrel lock up that uses the barrel hood as a locking lug and gets rid of the barrel link is removing one of the most fiddly parts of the 1911 design.

I think I would love to own one or two of these but I just hope they didn't hide some weird stuff or create any weak spots in the design.

Other than costing a little less and the link, it seems just like the Wilson EDCx9 series. Each has its own advantages. IMO, the weakest part nobody complains about with 1911s is the grip screws. The Wilson takes care of that. The link doesn't bother me after having fit a million barrels in my life.

Hey folks, SHOT ended a couple days ago....don't you all think it's time we convert this to the thread where everyone complains that what they saw/heard about at shot isn't available on their local gun shop's shelves?

Seriously, thank you to everyone for their posts/pic's for those of us unable to attend SHOT.
Ross

Reactions: plong

The grip has ergos similar to a CZ Shadow 2, which a lot of people love.

I'm curious what the safety setup is like? I think I saw a video stating it was a series 70 trigger.

Does it have a grip safety? If it is a 1911 style trigger and no grip safety, is it just a disconnector and a thumb safety?

Is the ambi thumb safety the typical Swensen style? The ergos are fine but I don't really trust the way the two halves connect.

It's a really nice looking pistol and the Sig style barrel lock up that uses the barrel hood as a locking lug and gets rid of the barrel link is removing one of the most fiddly parts of the 1911 design.

I think I would love to own one or two of these but I just hope they didn't hide some weird stuff or create any weak spots in the design.

No grip safety. No one uses them for competition. They get them pinned in place. So,it's probably better off not to include one at all.

While I realize that shouldn't be a problem with reasonable safe handling practices, I would hope there would be some type of "automatic" secondary safety.

The trick is to make it unobtrusive and not mess up the trigger pull.

Hopefully there is some Gizmo doing that inside where we can't see it.

While I realize that shouldn't be a problem with reasonable safe handling practices, I would hope there would be some type of "automatic" secondary safety.

The trick is to make it unobtrusive and not mess up the trigger pull.

Hopefully there is some Gizmo doing that inside where we can't see it.

Something along the lines of a striker/pin blocker that moves out of the way when the trigger is pulled?

Something along the lines of a striker/pin blocker that moves out of the way when the trigger is pulled?
None of the competition oriented CZ pistols have that because of trigger feel. I doubt DW will include one.

Satterlee was mentioning yesterday about the crud this year at SHOT. Sounds like it was worse than usual....

AXSR is sick, I had to buy one.
Zero Compromise Scope amazing!
Vortex 1-10 is awesome have to have one.
Cadex .50 very impressed for the money it's a no brainer. Not new but awesome.
Got to meet Tom Irwin from AI
Didn't see Frank, but hard to see anyway!! Hahahaha!
Sig booth was amazing. New Belt Fed .338 is an awesome weapon.
FN was awesome, have to add a MG48 to my collection!!
Tons of awesome night vision!!!
Feet throbbing from all the walking.
Need the whole week to see everything.
Lots of swag brought home
Wife had an amazing time, thought she would hate it.

So i take it the Tubb nose ring tool never went on to the market after SHOT 2019 like originally planned? I honestly never heard much about it until the 2020 SHOT. Listening to Frank talk about it and cutting the match bullets for use in a hunting application has me pretty interested.

So i take it the Tubb nose ring tool never went on to the market after SHOT 2019 like originally planned? I honestly never heard much about it until the 2020 SHOT. Listening to Frank talk about it and cutting the match bullets for use in a hunting application has me pretty interested.

Probably not commercially available until much later this year, if then. They are pretty serious about not releasing it until perfected.

Pretty difficult to test stuff like this without an astronomical budget.

Two years ago it took me a month before I felt normal again, I hadn't been that sick in more than 20 years!!!

This year I got away with it, other than sore feet.

I’m barely feeling decent again. Shot a match yesterday and it damn near killed me.

Staying home one more day.

Reactions: steve123
Sako S20 is coming. Idk what it is but looking forward to it being released.

Attachments

• 9D0BCBFF-E476-43D4-8244-BFDC9F4D4E08.png
    9D0BCBFF-E476-43D4-8244-BFDC9F4D4E08.png
    961.5 KB · Views: 117