• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot show 2024

I was hoping they'd announce something about their modular pistol.
Yeah, disappointing amount of info has been released on the SFP9CC since announcement. The dimensions I saw on HKPro put it basically the same size as the P365 Micro.
Total length 153mm, total width 29mm, total height 112mm, weight 500g (without magazine), magazine weight 60g

It'll be displayed & youtubers will cover it.

1705972600352.png

1705972610124.png

so is Short Action Customs going to put out any info on the press that they are taking preorders for soon or just a vague 20-second video?

Really?? A mag fed lever gun?
Come on Henry....thats the best you could do?
Browning has done this for years.

Henry would have been better off making something to compete with the Ruger/Marlin at a better price.

Instead they come out with this pos
So far, the only thing I've heard about from SHOT '24 that interests me is some new thermal scopes and clip-ons from AGM. I haven't heard anything about any other optics, except a couple of Primary Arms scopes with a few updated features and reticles.

Hopefully we'll start seeing some better stuff getting dropped instead of all this stupid niche' shit. I hope Aero drops the Solus long-actions and LW hunter chassis...

Reactions: 7mm
Olin Corporation is gonna win that trademark lawsuit though.
Maybe, but it's still pretty unoriginal. They could have called it the Renegade or the Rough Rider... Granted, those sound like cheap gas station condoms... But the rifle is rather uneventful, as well. 😂

Reactions: Evintos
Maybe, but it's still pretty unoriginal. They could have called it the Renegade or the Rough Rider... Granted, those sound like cheap gas station condoms... But the rifle is rather uneventful, as well. 😂

Winchester has been using Ranger in some form since before anyone at Christianson was born. Same for Savage and Stevens

So far, the only thing I've heard about from SHOT '24 that interests me is some new thermal scopes and clip-ons from AGM. I haven't heard anything about any other optics, except a couple of Primary Arms scopes with a few updated features and reticles.

Hopefully we'll start seeing some better stuff getting dropped instead of all this stupid niche' shit. I hope Aero drops the Solus long-actions and LW hunter chassis...
Yeah we'll see 🤷

It seems like so far these "industry leaders" aren't really tuned in to the industry and are all in a race to make the most expensive unoriginal copy of something already done 😄

Maybe we are just at that point, where all the good shit has already been done. Kinda like the music and movie industries. The shit coming out today definitely isn't music and the movies are all woke agenda trash.

Winchester has been using Ranger in some form since before anyone at Christianson was born. Same for Savage and Stevens
That's entirely beside the point. It was the fact they unoriginally called a rimfire rifle the same name. I'm not saying they did anything wrong, just saying it's kind of stupid to do so.

This seems kinda cool. No exposed hammer and a tang safety, AR mags, threaded, 300BO @ 223, and an AR-style rotating bolt.

I dunno boys, I am sort of feeling it for varmiteering. Not sure why lol.

For me lever actions sort of suck because of the way they load (side gate or tube). And this one solves that.

Apologies if others have made such a thing before. I’m not up on the lever action, uh, “tech”.

Last edited:
This seems kinda cool. No exposed hammer and a tang safety, AR mags and an AR-style rotating bolt.

I dunno boys, I am sort of feeling it. Not sure why lol. For me lever actions sort of suck because of the way they load (side gate or tube). And this one solves that.

Apologies if others have made such a thing before. I’m not up on the lever action, uh, “tech”.
I think the Bond Arms prototype that came out last year's SHOT Show was better. I look at the Henry's rendition and I'm just thinking she got a lil too much extra meat on her. S&W captured my attention the most though with that flat trigger.

Here's the Bond Arms LVRB - possible Q1 2024 release.
1705982640572.png

That's entirely beside the point. It was the fact they unoriginally called a rimfire rifle the same name. I'm not saying they did anything wrong, just saying it's kind of stupid to do so.

Stevens made a 416 clone for Sears called the Ranger. Kinda stupid that Christianson Arms used the same name for a rimfire bolt action 22lr. Maybe they are stupid?

I think the Bond Arms prototype that came out last year's SHOT Show was better. I look at the Henry's rendition and I'm just thinking she got a lil too much extra meat on her. S&W captured my attention the most though with that flat trigger.

View attachment 8330466
I don’t mind a bit heavier rifle for static varminteering. But I would prefer SS and a pic rail. Dovetails for scopes look nice but suck! Coming from a CZ 527 aficionado who is leaning hard towards Tikka stainless & pic rails.

Reactions: Evintos

View attachment 8330466

Guns that scream "California Compliant" as their primary selling point have no interest to me.

Some people just have Attention Deficit Disorder. As in, if they don't get enough attention, they feel the deficit, and then need to cause disorder. <shrug> I suppose it isn't against the law to be a dick...but it will get you banned.

Three days without getting another report on him is my primary motivation TBH.
3 days should give me enough of a window to hide all of my posts indicating I own a DT product and that I actually like it...

All I want is a viable lever or bolt gun in 9mm. I'm already basically paying 9mm prices for match .22 and I'd love to have a trainer for 200+ yards.

Reactions: Franko
Stevens made a 416 clone for Sears called the Ranger. Kinda stupid that Christianson Arms used the same name for a rimfire bolt action 22lr. Maybe they are stupid?
You know how pedantic you sound... I'm allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours. Grow the fuck up, dude. 🤡

So everybody's getting ready for the semi-auto ban again?
Not me. I own a Henry 22 lever action and they’re just fun. For shooting pdogs (and maybe coyotes) from a tripod, a lever action 223 might really be nice as the movement might not disturb the sight picture as much.

Who am I kidding? It’s GAS rationalization lol

Reactions: lash
You know how pedantic you sound... I'm allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours. Grow the fuck up, dude. 🤡

I sound like I'm correct about the Ranger name.

You sound ignorant of firearms in general when you claim Christensen arms should be mad about something as dumb as a name as ALREADY unoriginal as Ranger?

Maybe read a book and try not telling everyone who disagrees with you to grow up.

Your clown emoji is so ironic it's not even laughable anymore.

Not me. I own a Henry 22 lever action and they’re just fun. For shooting pdogs (and maybe coyotes) from a tripod, a lever action 223 might really be nice as the movement might not disturb the sight picture as much.

Who am I kidding? It’s GAS rationalization lol
Everyone meaning the manufacturers.

Reactions: carbonbased
I sound like I'm correct about the Ranger name.

You sound ignorant of firearms in general when you claim Christensen arms should be mad about something as dumb as a name as ALREADY unoriginal as Ranger?

Maybe read a book and try not telling everyone who disagrees with you to grow up.

Your clown emoji is so ironic it's not even laughable anymore.
Do any of the rest of them currently have a production rimfire rifle called the Ranger? No... This is why I mentioned Christensen. It has nothing to do with who HAS used the name in the past. And my only point was that it was unoriginal to name your rimfire rifle the same thing someone else currently produces a rimfire rifle under that same exact name. Don't you think that was kind of stupid?

That's like as if Chevy decided to name a car the Charger the same exact production years as Dodge... Wouldn't that be kind of stupid, and lead to some brand recognition ambiguity?

These are new and pretty cool.

I'm very interested to see these. They land at the ~ $1.5k price point. This price point has tended to be something of a gap in the market. There are a lot of scopes ~$2k and quite a few in the $700-$1k range but less than you would think in-between. I'm absolutely going to give Leupold a call after they get back from Shot to schedule a review of one of these this year.

Reactions: lash and Bart
“Ranger” is imo too generic and previously used by multiple parties so any trademark claim is null.

People need to be more original

Reactions: kthomas
stRanger Danger!!

Has Winchester actually ever stopped using Ranger on their products?
They currently, and in the past used Ranger, even on their ammunition.

It's been used as sub model names on shotguns and I believe centerfire rifles too.

Guns that scream "California Compliant" as their primary selling point have no interest to me.

I believe they stated suppressor host was their primary goal, the compliance aspect was just a bonus.

Lever guns make an ideal suppressor host but the magazine tube is their main draw back as it limits cartridge options and slows loading. That rifle solves both of those issues and allows AR modularity which I think is pretty neat.

Reactions: jafo96
The SAC Press pre-order is live. Shows March/April delivery. Haven't seen a video or further explanation.

I can make some assumptions from their description and pics, but will wait for video explanation instead of guessing.

Seems like the nexus' main selling point is a hard stop.... Which my co-ax has, so while it seems very nice I don't see the almost $800 value.

Reactions: Terp
I like the overall size and the handle design. The shell holder to die touching not needed/hard stops, etc......I'll have to give some thought. Lately, I've prefer dies like 419 and Cortina that have an adjustment built in. So I set up the Zero press to hard stop at the bottom of the stroke, then set up headspace via die adjustment.

But, the size/design of the press seems nice. Though you'll have to drill a hole in the bench or mounting plate for the primer drop tube.

As far as it being 'worth" $800, that's just a debate without end, so won't even wade into that.

Reactions: secondofangle2