• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shot show 2024

what does "Also completely user replaceable" mean?
Does that mean I can buy the new screen and add it to my Mark II?

Unfortunately no. Just means if you break the screen, you can replace it at home.

Unfortunately no. Just means if you break the screen, you can replace it at home.

Anybody know if this will come with a price increase?

Looks like the AI AT-XC pricing is around $6500 retail. I'm sure there will be different variations, but that's ballpark.

grazio-holding-blued-python.jpg

4.25" Blued Colt Python

Daniel Defense PCC (Scorpion mag, blowback with hydraulic buffer, full ambi)

Hey if someone there could find out for me if silencerco has anything new? Thanks

Hey if someone there could find out for me if silencerco has anything new? Thanks

1706039367172.png

Scythe-TI i think is a revamp.
Velos LBP 556 new K version
Velos LBP 762 new
Spectre 9 new

Dead Air also got something cooking that isn't the previously mentioned 3D printed Nomad Ti XC, Nomad LTi XC, Nomax 33 line called the Lazarus 6.

1706039914050.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Simonsza1

View attachment 8330863

Scythe-TI i think is a revamp.
Velos LBP 556 new K version
Velos LBP 762 new
Spectre 9 new

Dead Air also got something cooking that isn't the previously mentioned 3D printed Nomad Ti XC, Nomad LTi XC, Nomax 33 line called the Lazarus 6.

View attachment 8330865

I've been waiting to see that SiCo Velos LBP 762, I think it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Huxwrx Flow 762 Ti. It's definitely heavier, but I wonder if the Inco and SS internals will be better for 7.62 compared to all titanium.

What I find humorous is that most of the shooters these presses are marketed to are shooting PRS, not benchrest shooters. I am all for consistent ammo, but give me a break; a COAX will load ammo just as accurately and for a fraction of the price.
And I have shot savages that shoot just as well as the guns that you have built. If a gun shoot a 1/3 group why should someone buy a gun you built. I buy high end rifles because of ease quality and looks. My 788’s shoot just as well as my terminus, sac, and Gap rifles. How ever I prefers my more expensive rifles.

Reactions: jafo96
What I find humorous is that most of the shooters these presses are marketed to are shooting PRS, not benchrest shooters. I am all for consistent ammo, but give me a break; a COAX will load ammo just as accurately and for a fraction of the price.

I doubt a single person posting often on this forum always buys the tool that does the same and costs less.

I doubt a single person posting often on this forum always buys the tool that does the same and costs less.
Yeah, these arguments always seem slightly ridiculous to me. Guys with first world problems arguing their first world problems are slightly less first world than yours. At the end of the day it's all 'wants' here, not 'needs'. Spend your money how it makes sense to you, and don't buy stuff that doesn't make sense to you.

Most be one of them 250$ gadgets that just keep on comming

421660897_764759052352221_5299658775581430175_n.jpg

everyone going to sell their AMP annealers!
For anyone who missed out on the Black Friday sale, AMP has a $200 off the non-touch screen version sale while supplies last (clearing out inventory to make way for touch screen version).

Reactions: secondofangle2
I need a spreadsheet that breaks down the differences between the Premier, Premier Gen 2, and Elite.

-Stan
No thumb shelf, no stabilizer bar on the bottom, tools required on the buttstock and uses spacers, no adjustable mag catch included, no spacers for the mag well, probably slightly shorter forend.

• Haha
Reactions: secondofangle2
No thumb shelf, no stabilizer bar on the bottom, tools required on the buttstock and uses spacers, no adjustable mag catch included, no spacers for the mag well, probably slightly shorter forend.
Thank you, but I still need a spreadsheet at some point. Hopefully there will be one on the website eventually.

cc: @MDT_OFFICIAL

-Stan

my view is that touch screens are a PIA as they don't provide tactile feel for the control. Take all the touch screens in your auto...used to be you could rest your hand on some buttons as you knew which was which and by feel alone (keeping your eyes on the road) you could select or enact the function of your choice. Touch screen controls...no. You have to look. There is no tactile feedback indicating your finger is on the control or whether its been enacted (doesn't push in, right? No way to tell without looking for the most part).

Add grease, grime, and solvent on your fingers and frankly I'll take buttons every time.

And, help me out here, guys....is it not true that even with the same batch of brass, you would still need to run Aztec for each annealing cycle (i.e. each firing on the case) as it may well change after being fired again. True? If so, then saving the setting with a name seems to be of limited value.

my view is that touch screens are a PIA as they don't provide tactile feel for the control. Take all the touch screens in your auto...used to be you could rest your hand on some buttons as you knew which was which and by feel alone (keeping your eyes on the road) you could select or enact the function of your choice. Touch screen controls...no. You have to look. There is no tactile feedback indicating your finger is on the control or whether its been enacted (doesn't push in, right? No way to tell without looking for the most part).

Add grease, grime, and solvent on your fingers and frankly I'll take buttons every time.

And, help me out here, guys....is it not true that even with the same batch of brass, you would still need to run Aztec for each annealing cycle (i.e. each firing on the case) as it may well change after being fired again. True? If so, then saving the setting with a name seems to be of limited value.

I honestly don't know what they recommend. When I was using a lot of fired brass, I would analyze each time because I didn't care about losing a case. Now, I rarely use fired brass. I just run virgin brass and then sell the once fired.

And for our customers, most of the time we are using virgin brass. We anneal everything that comes in the door. Even brands as good as Lapua will have fairly inconsistent seating force on our AMP press with the factory anneal. It levels out substantially after a run in the AMP. I'll leave that to everyone else to form and opinion and argue if it matters.

But yea, I agree, the upgrade isn't a huge deal. Some very small quality of life upgrades (debatable). But, this industry is pretty ruthless. If you don't release something every year, people are irritated you're not innovating. If you release something that isn't absolutely groundbreaking, they say you are just doing the same thing everyone else does. So, hard to win.

You’re missing the point. I have to go back to my logbook to figure out the code for my 260 brass, which I first measured with Aztec mode five years ago.

Now I just turn on the machine and find my 260 brass

This is something I'd overlooked as well. Not everyone is using the same cartridge or brass as often as a lot of us.

It may be something you did 6 month, 1yr, 5yrs ago. Good point.

Anything new in Bolt Guns / Semi Autos?

How about a reintroduced Model 625 from S&W.

Serious: Thunderbeast seemed to have a lot going on according to recent podcast--anyway lurk buy and see what they got?

This is something I'd overlooked as well. Not everyone is using the same cartridge or brass as often as a lot of us.

It may be something you did 6 month, 1yr, 5yrs ago. Good point.
Yes, and because I used to be a retard, I had 3 different 375 case manufacturers, 4 different 50 BMG manufacturers, 2 different 260 brass (Peterson and Lapua), 4 different 338LM brass brands and so on - not to mention different lots of each brass. And each one has a different code that I have written down in my logbook. I used to have it labeled on tape on the top of the machine, but the list got too long
IMG_5404.jpeg

Last edited: