• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Shot timers that will pick up on dry fire?

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
Has anyone had any success employing a shot timer during training to include dry fire?

I use a CED 7000 and have gone as far as to Velcro it to my mag well with poor results.

I’m certainly open to upgrading my timer, but I’d like to buy into something that would work reliably.

I run on par time on my PP2 but have read over on the Enos forum under the gear section at the end of the timer “sticky” that the AMg Labs does pick up CO2 and dry fire shots and it also shows on their video picking up a finger snap. And claiming dryfire in the text.
Www.amg-lab.com
Again, I have no personal experience with the AMG.

Iphone has done wonders for me and the guys I train with

An individual at work mentioned that his CED7000 will pick up on dry firing & on maximum sensitivity even pick up bolt manipulation.

If his works for me, I will just contact CED and see if I can send mine in for exchange or repair.

Will report back.

Commander from AMG Lab will pick up dryfire, plus it has up 3 par timers, that should integrate into your dry fire training smoothly, I think.

My CED will pick up dry fires but it's got to be pretty close. Maybe if you used the wrist strap thingy. It doesn't however like my suppressed M&P 15-22 which is weird to me.

Velcro’d the borrowed unit to my mag well and cranked the sensitivity up to 8 and was reading everything from bolt manipulation to dry fire. At setting 7 it was working 95% of the time.

With that, I’ll be contacting CED to see about repair/replacement.

Got my new timer, working great.

It was reported that the old unit had an ample build up of dust inside the unit, possibly muffling the mic.