• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some of you guys are in for a surprise

Wasn't there a lentils and lamb or some puke worthy combination MRE?
Taste of Texas is good. Went there once many years ago. Where I first tried cheesecake too.

Pappas family of restaurants are great.
View attachment 8399651

Goodson's Cafe in Tomball is really good for chicken fried steak.

Mel's Country Cafe in Tomball is also really good. Used to work in Tomball. Not big not expensive either. Used to get one of their lunch specials. Chicken and dumplings with sides of green beans, mashed potatoes, and an extra side of green beans.
Just went to one of the Pappas BBQ because it was close and easy. The place was packed. The chicken, ribs and brisket were pretty damn good.

Good points. Regumate is expensive and they never actually tested what it does to men as far as I know.
It causes reduced libido, headaches, nausea, vomiting and rashes. Women it will mess with out menstrual cycles, cramping (labor pains)… if you’re a pregnant female don’t even look at it, it will cause you to go into labor. Thats what the bottle says.

• Wow
Reactions: Threadcutter308
I picked out and shot what I thought was a perfect size eating hog under the feeder. It was a smaller boar about 50lbs. and didn't stink like a pig farm like some do but did have a wang to it, which I figured was normal.

I had it processed and pork chops made out of it. I fried some up in bacon grease and was feeling good about myself until I wiped my mouth. Dang. That wangy smell reappeared and I had to wash my face and then use alcohol wipes to try and get that funk out of my mustache.

I'll have smoked sausage made out of wild hog but I'll never do pork chops again.

If a wild hog smells like anything but dirt when I walk up, the coyotes can eat it. I have had chops from a 300+ lb wild boar, and they were delicious.

DFW, San Antonio, Lubbock. I travel all over the state frequently.
Rendon meat market. Owned and operated by Mennonites. The meat is very good and high quality. Another great option is Burgandy Pasture. They specialize in grass fed and finished beef from their own herd but have collabs with producers of lamb, swine, poultry to include ducks and a dairy or two for fresh raw milk and cheeses

Reactions: lash
Roughly where abouts in Texas? (I got kin there, so know some of the areas.) Come to think of it, I'd bet San Angelo probably has a decent restaurant there that serves lamb. I mean, it's the "wool capital of the US" (I shit you not), right? (yeah, I know, those aren't the best eating ones)

ETA: Here's a quick look up for Texas

I don’t know of anything in Angelo….. Maybe the Lowake Steakhouse. Or, the Perini Ranch in Buffalo Gap.

Getting some ranch-hands to do cabrito is probably the best bet.

Screenshot_20240418_183949_Chrome.jpg

If a wild hog smells like anything but dirt when I walk up, the coyotes can eat it. I have had chops from a 300+ lb wild boar, and they were delicious.
I'm sure somebody did lots of brining and marinating cuz I've done some guiding in my younger days and a 300lb. boar was always nasty just to cape for the taxidermist, much less field dress and butcher.

Those big ones were caked with dried mud, covered with fleas and ticks and everyone of them stunk. Even the ranch Mexicans didn't want the meat for tacos.

I don’t know the studies on coppertox or regumate, but I’m going on a limb and say there’s probably a lot less horses given either of those than Bute in the slaughter pipeline. Bute is cheap and easy. Coppertox is mostly an farrier thing and regiment is expensive and most will put their bitchy mare in a kill pen and make $2.18per pound before sinking that kind of money into her to fix her hormone imbalance. And judging what Bute does to the human body, it’s enough to make never want it.

What do those chemicals in meats do to dogs?
I'm wondering if any of that meat winds up in dogfood and causes bad issues for Dogs?

There’s a Chinese buffet style place in Gillette, WY that I used to go to when I was in town. Next door to a pet store.

The pet store went under.

The food quality at the Chinese joint wasn’t as good.

Coincidence? Maybe.

Well if you ever lived in China back in the good old days before they tried to start looking nice, the restaurants often had out front what looked like a pet store and an aquarium, pick your fish or your animal and they'd grab it and take it back and kill it and cook it for you.

What do those chemicals in meats do to dogs?
I'm wondering if any of that meat winds up in dogfood and causes bad issues for Dogs?
Regumate is just a hormone enhancer. When you got a bitchy mare when she’s in heat or just in general you give it to them to knock them out of heat. This way you don’t have a fire breathing dragon and cost you $$$$ in vet bills. I doubt it does much to the body, being that it’s hormones harvested from cells of well hormones pretty much.. but I’m not a pharmacist or a scientist I’m a farm kid zoologist farrier lol. Most my knowledge is just curiosity based research and growing up and my education.

I’d be interested to know. But honestly, your dogs are probably being given something closely related, the pharmaceutical companies are all the same human and animal. Save a buck make $5 (talking bute). If it works on horses cut it down low enough works on dogs… 🤷🏻‍♀️ ever wonder why many dog pills are teeny tiny? Micro-dosed.

Last edited:
I would suggest finding a local butcher, and ensuring it is fresh lamb. Makes all the difference in the world.

For a less expensive cut, try grilling some 5/8" thick lamb shoulder/blade chops. Just make sure they're rare.

A simple marinade that works well with grilled lamb is:

1/4 cup EVOO
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning
1-2 tbsp of water (optional)

Toss the shoulder chops in a zip lock with this mixture and toss it on the counter top for 30 mins. Grill over high heat, and quickly (most of the fat will render out in the process). Meat should char due to the fat rendering, while still being rare/med-rare on the inside.

Best paired with a good Cabernet or Tempranillo red wine (I prefer the Tempranillo myself). The dry red wines help cut the fatty taste of lamb, for those sensitive to that.
That is one I have to try

Greek Marinade if you want to try

For a large leg of lamb...scale accordingly

1/2 cup EVOO
2 large lemons squeezed
6 cloves of garlic smashed and minced fine
1/2 stick butter - melted and clarified.
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. oregano

The butter should be warm enough to be fluid. Add everything into a blender but the EVOO. Blend until smooth and add EVOO in a stream until incorporated.

Spread on lamb and cook using your favorite method. Baste regularly...enjoy

That is one I have to try

Greek Marinade if you want to try

For a large leg of lamb...scale accordingly

1/2 cup EVOO
2 large lemons squeezed
6 cloves of garlic smashed and minced fine
1/2 stick butter - melted and clarified.
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. oregano

The butter should be warm enough to be fluid. Add everything into a blender but the EVOO. Blend until smooth and add EVOO in a stream until incorporated.

Spread on lamb and cook using your favorite method. Baste regularly...enjoy
I now know what EVOO is 🫡

I remember back in the day when things first came out, there was a bit of a issue with folks reporting that the AI Competition trigger made the rifle a lot less reliable in adverse conditions (and may have caused it to fail a government procurement test).

For awhile the going discussion was that if you wanted AI reliability then go back to the standard AI trigger group.

I'm not sure if things have changed.
I traded my AI competition trigger group for a spare original trigger group pretty much right after the issues started being reported.
BALONEY

I have them on both my AI rifles - long and short action. Rain, snow, and heat of summer in a humid place. No issues. Work flawlessly. As reliable as the OEM trigger

No issues..said again.

@Scott Seigmund posted it some time ago.

Wives tales always exist especially when it comes to AI

Interesting to hear the results of your long term tests.
I'm assuming you probably surely remember the controversy after they first came out?

It's good to hear that your long term test showed they worked well and didn't affect reliability any.
I did hear about the controversy and said let me give it a try.

Initially bought it for my AT in 2019 when it was first released. I shot it for a while. I really liked it but didn't want to buy another for the AXMC so I went back to the OEM trigger to keep things uniform. Couldn't shoot as well with different triggers. In 2020 I decided WTF and bought a second for the AXMC and shot them until 2022. I never saw any issues. I shot about 3,000 rounds a year between both rifles.

2022 - Went back to OEM because I liked the heavier trigger pull. Put the Comp triggers in the parts bin.

2024 - I get a TacOps and learn to shoot the insanely light trigger it uses. Change back to comp trigger in both AIs. No issues to date.

I do wonder if people get them and try to "adjust" them and screw shit up. The issue that I wrote AI about is the ability to adjust sear engagement. It is something 99% of users should not have access to. If you mess with it and screw it up, it is difficult to get back to square 1.

Last edited:
I now know what EVOO is 🫡
This honestly surprised me.

I used to have a killer recipe for doner kebab/schwarma that I can't seem to find right now :(
You'll need to be familiar with the spices Sumac (no not the poison sumac vine, the spice) Turmeric, Cardamom, Aleppo pepper.
To do it right you really need a "Trompo" but can get decent results on a bar-b-que that uses real charcoal.....electric and propane suck.

If you're ever in Amarillo, TX. stop at the famous Big Texan Steakhouse and take the 72 ounce steak challenge.
View attachment 8399634

https://www.bigtexan.com/72-oz-steak/
I've been there.
It was probably about 2001-2002....unsure exactly.
I left disappointed, the steak just really wasn't that good and was very expensive for what you got.
I didn't have the 72oz challenge, it was probably a rib eye or KC strip as those are what I usually get....but again, quite a while ago to try and remember something like that.....I do remember the expense and quality very well though....and something like a large viewing window into the kitchens or butcher area ? I just remember the large window and some odd preparation area behind it ?
I wouldn't go a 2nd time...it's a tourist trap kinda place.

They aren't a sponsor.....right ?

Reactions: Terry Cross
Taste of Texas is good. Went there once many years ago. Where I first tried cheesecake too.

Pappas family of restaurants are great.
View attachment 8399651

Goodson's Cafe in Tomball is really good for chicken fried steak.

Mel's Country Cafe in Tomball is also really good. Used to work in Tomball. Not big not expensive either. Used to get one of their lunch specials. Chicken and dumplings with sides of green beans, mashed potatoes, and an extra side of green beans.
I just wish they would open a pappadeux closer to Va than GA. I'd think Charlotte or DC are bigger than either the IL or OH cities.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Was w54/xm388 part of the fallout of that thread or was it something else?

Never mind. He did something dumb in a different thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milf Dots
I've been there.
It was probably about 2001-2002....unsure exactly.
I left disappointed, the steak just really wasn't that good and was very expensive for what you got.
I didn't have the 72oz challenge, it was probably a rib eye or KC strip as those are what I usually get....but again, quite a while ago to try and remember something like that.....I do remember the expense and quality very well though....and something like a large viewing window into the kitchens or butcher area ? I just remember the large window and some odd preparation area behind it ?
I wouldn't go a 2nd time...it's a tourist trap kinda place.

They aren't a sponsor.....right ?
A 72 ounce steak would have fed a family of five in Ethiopia for a week. Like I give a shit.

This is true. It’s an old old method used in the past to cure meat for the tenderest cuts. My Dad often talked about the tenderest beef he’d ever tasted, but couldn’t personally afford. The butcher would scrape off the mold and junk from a hank that had been left hanging for a month and cut your choice from that, if you could afford it.
It was the old time way of telling when meat was do e hanging with deer as well. They would wait for the strands of mycelium in the rib cage to be an inch long. Then they would skin and butcher it.

It was the old time way of telling when meat was do e hanging with deer as well. They would wait for the strands of mycelium in the rib cage to be an inch long. Then they would skin and butcher it.
Just remember that years ago they were not dealing with the bugs and bacteria of today.
Not to mention the worms.
Be careful.

The hillbillies I grew up and hunted with skinned the deer and let it hang until the meat's outer surface dried and formed a clear shrink wrap type protective layer. The colder the weather, the longer it was allowed to hang and age.

Just remember that years ago they were not dealing with the bugs and bacteria of today.
Be careful.
The pattern was this. A norther would blow in, deer would be killed, the weather turned warm again and the big blowfies would show up.

We didn't use the cheesecloth type covers some used. Instead, we would have to keep a close eye on the hanging, skinned carcass and watch for maggots, which usually were found hidden in flaps or between the shoulder and ribcage.

Interesting.
Could be brief and tune us up
Without going into some lecture and rambling...
Let's take basic ecoli...it's evolved with time and now we have several. O157, O157h etc....
While the first one generally won't bother you in limited numbers or CFU'S (colony forming units)
Thr second one can make you sickernshit.
Lysteria has evolved and can in extreme cases kill you but that mostly comes from unsanitary conditions where dressing procedures are done, like a stagnate pond or stream.
Aging or hanging breaks down the fat and makes meat more tender, also begins the process of bacteria growth..if yer deer or hog isn't covered in fat yer just drying the meat and inviting bacteria, most of which is killed by the process of cooking.
These are just a couple and I'm not sounding alarms, just be careful.
The wildlife today has been exposed to much more than it was 30 or 40 years ago.

I don’t know of anything in Angelo….. Maybe the Lowake Steakhouse. Or, the Perini Ranch in Buffalo Gap.

Getting some ranch-hands to do cabrito is probably the best bet.
Oh man, I forgot about that steakhouse in Lowake. That was some good eating, for sure!

Reactions: Skunk
my 2nd fav "ethnic" cuisine is indian. always get lamb-vindaloo,saag,korma,curry-whatever. always good. indian restaurants,like all,vary in quality but rare to find a bad one i think.

Reactions: 375fan
Be careful.
A lady maybe 5 miles away as the crow flies reported on Next Door that four or five deer were found dead or dying in her yard.

She finally got a game warden to show up, a biologist with Texas Parks and Wildlife was fresh out of fucks and didn't show up until days later and said the deer were too decomposed to get blood samples, which I call BS, lazy, indifference.

Anyway, it's not been resolved. Some threw out CWD. I tried to tell them no. A small herd of deer dying in one spot all at once makes me think poison, possible drinking chemical fertilizer runoff from a nearby golfcourse.

Every citizen should have a healthy suspicion of police and government activity/action, especially after we all lived through Ruby Ridge and Waco. But, the sovereign-citizen types, who want to live in our society and use our legal system, while refusing to be bound by the laws and rules they benefit from, the "against the police because the police are the police" types, are dangerous and toxic.

I've encountered sovereign citizen types who in one breath would insist the court has no jurisdiction to hear claims against them, then demanding the court hear their claims against somebody else, or insisting the court is not legitimate and then demanding the court recognize a judgment they awarded to themselves.
Oh you talking about the 15 million illegals who just came in for my the last 3 years......a long with our welfare systems....

Doc

Reactions: Yasherka
Ok,
so after 12 pages, we all realize that if you have an issue with a SH sponsor, you do the following:

1. Contact them directly, by phone first, email second.

2. If not resolved, contact me, I might be able to get it sorted.

3. Still not resolved, post your issue for the world to see

Thanks for listen to my Ted Talk
Can we get a PowerPoint for the .mil folks made up......we apparently don't know how to do things unless it's a power point presentation......

Doc

A lady maybe 5 miles away as the crow flies reported on Next Door that four or five deer were found dead or dying in her yard.

She finally got a game warden to show up, a biologist with Texas Parks and Wildlife was fresh out of fucks and didn't show up until days later and said the deer were too decomposed to get blood samples, which I call BS, lazy, indifference.

Anyway, it's not been resolved. Some threw out CWD. I tried to tell them no. A small herd of deer dying in one spot all at once makes me think poison, possible drinking chemical fertilizer runoff from a nearby golfcourse.
Ya, that's not how CWD (prions) work.

Reactions: TexPatriot
Ok,
so after 12 pages, we all realize that if you have an issue with a SH sponsor, you do the following:

1. Contact them directly, by phone first, email second.

2. If not resolved, contact me, I might be able to get it sorted.

3. Still not resolved, post your issue for the world to see

Thanks for listen to my Ted Talk
95% of the time #1 wont have to be gone past. (there are always that 5%)

#2 shouldn't be on Frank but thank you for offering sir. Ill contact shortly about my cars warranty.