• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should I sell my 700P??

srv656s

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2005
KC, MO
I got my dream rifle from GAP a few months ago and I'm thinking of unloading my 700P.

I can't think of any good reason to keep it since I have the GAP rifle also in .308. It's a great gun and great shooter but it's kind of redundant.

Remington700Pwith18inchbblRIGHT.jpg

With suppressor:
10-18-08-762-SDon700Pside.jpg

Any reason to keep it? If not, what's a fair price?

I spent a good deal of money on it. GAP bedded it and put in a Jewell trigger. I had the barrel cut to 18" and threaded by Tornado Tech. It currently has a AAC blackout flash suppressor on it.

I've probably got about $1300-$1400 in the rifle and about 500-700 rounds through it...

Shawn

Re: Should I sell my 700P??

I am the same way. I have a tough time having duplication when there are other areas uncovered. If it were mine, and didnt hold sentimental value...Gone.

I kept both when I received my first custom. I don't buy to turn around and sell.

Keep the 700P as a donor rifle for your next build. Yes, you will build again
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: general_purpose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got two 700 P's...Even though I only need one.
smirk.gif
grin.gif
</div></div>

Well good you pm me too im looking for a good 700.I got a brand new NF f1 that needs a rifle badly.....

Keep it and change stocks to another mcmillan or an AICS or a B&C....something other than HS PRECISION....then you will have 2 nice rifles that you can take turns shooting....BUying a nice stock is cheaper than buying another custom rifle. You already started changing it for the better, so keep on going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: general_purpose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got two 700 P's...Even though I only need one.
smirk.gif
grin.gif
</div></div>

Well good you pm me too im looking for a good 700.I got a brand new NF f1 that needs a rifle badly..... </div></div>

First my mother, then my wife, now you're on my case to get rid the 700P.

Cut it out will ya!

I'd keep it and rebarrel it in a 6.5 or 6mm caliber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: general_purpose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: general_purpose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got two 700 P's...Even though I only need one.
smirk.gif
grin.gif
</div></div>

Well good you pm me too im looking for a good 700.I got a brand new NF f1 that needs a rifle badly..... </div></div>

First my mother, then my wife, now you're on my case to get rid the 700P.

Cut it out will ya! </div></div>

lol..........

Well if any of you ave any 700p's to get rid of let me know

I added everything up, I spent $1570 on the rifle. If I sold it for $1200, would that be a fair asking price? I realize not everyone will want all the upgrades I've got in it and it is used, so if I eat $370 it seems fair.

Rifle after tax: $800
Blackout Flash Suppressor: $100
Threading and barrel chop (Tornado Tech): $150
GAP Bedding job: $175
Jewell Trigger from GAP: $245
TPS 20 MOA mount: $100 (I could sell this separately)

Does $1200 sound reasonable? If so, I'll probably post it for sale...

Shawn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your gap is too heavy to hunt

your pss is not too heavy to hunt </div></div>

+1

That's a nice PSS! I would think it will go fast around $1200 with your upgrades.

My GAP tuned PSS is accurate as the devil and it will be one of the last to go, if ever - it even made me think twice about springing for my first custom, but once the bug bites ......

Keep it. Redundancy is a good thing sometime, and while GAP and Badger are great stuuf, shit happens to the best of them. A backup is a good idea (still miss my backup 308-not often, but when I do its bad).

I'm in the same boat...have a PSS with some upgrades. Want some cash but will probably keep it and re-barrel in 6BR for my son.

AG in NC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd keep it and rebarrel it in a 6.5 or 6mm caliber.</div></div>

That's exactly what I'd do with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tat1987</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd keep it and rebarrel it in a 6.5 or 6mm caliber.</div></div>

That's exactly what I'd do with it. </div></div>

This is the answer. My spare PSS got rebarreled to 6mm Dasher. Same bolt face, pretty easy change. Almost shoot it more than the custom rig.

If it shoots, keep it unless you need the cash. The gun is your build and having multiple firearms in the same caliber is a good thing, or least that is what I tell my wife.