• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should I Upgrade My TBAC Break While I Wait for Ultra 7

MountainHunter

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2018
Montana
How you doing fellas, I'm new to the precision game, I've shot 2 matches with hopefully many more on the horizon.

Rifle is a 6.5 Creed Tikka T3X Lite but now with a Benchmark sendero barrel and sitting in a CTR stock for the time being. I put the TBAC break on it while I wait for my suppressor (Ultra 7, guessing I've got another 2-4 months). Since the barrel/break/stock upgrade I've been able to see my hits pretty consistently from 300 yards on out, probably 50/50 or worse at 200 yards and in. This is both prone and positional.

My question to you guys is would it be worth my money to pick up a Area 419 Hellfire or PVA Jet Blast to aid me in maintaining my sight picture primarily to help spot misses during matches? How much of a difference would I see over the TBAC break?

Recoil reduction isn't of primary concern, I'm most interested in aiding me in spotting impacts/misses.

The TBAC brakes are actually damn effective, I doubt you’re going to see any difference other than $200 less in your bank account.

I’d just run what you’ve got and spend the money your drop on another brake on more ammo or components, or a match fee.

You would see very little, if any, difference with another brake. I use TBAC brakes on big 300 and 338 magnums, and they are quite effective. If you are struggling to stay on target with a 6.5 Creedmoor, I think that is more indicative of your shooting technique than the brake failing to tame the 6.5's recoil/muzzle flip. With proper technique, you should be able to easily stay on target, with or without a brake. Watch some of Frank's videos if you can, and really focus on bipod loading.

Thanks for the input guys, thats’s exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I know my form needs work, I’m going to go pick up a few hundred more 140 ELD’s and get a bunch more practice in before the next match.

On a side note I went out and shot rocks from 600 out to 1007 yards yesterday and my dry fire practice is definitely helping. I had a good 12-15 mph wind to work with and it was the first time I was able to see my misses, correct for it and get an impact on the 2nd round.

Thanks for your guys help!