• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Should we stock up on "Assault Weapons"?

excaliber

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2011
Abingdon,Va
Or so Gov calls them. If your thinking about buying an Ar, Ak or anything they call an assault weapon, you might want to do it now. You should already have at least 1 of each with couple of thousand rounds of ammo for each. It seems like everybody says that their going to ban this and ban that. Since the street sweeper got banned, what about the Kel-Tec KSG? What about the Slidefire or DefendAR stocks? Guess we will see!

Re: Should we stock up on "Assault Weapons"?

I just sold my AR-15 to buy a LR-308 and am now scrambling for parts to get my other build finished.

So it's Tuesday - the day after the election. The stock market took a post election day dive.

According to the Fox News Headline:

"The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 313 points, or 2.4%, to 12,933"

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2012/11/07/wall-street-ravaged-amid-fiscal-gloom/#ixzz2BaXJCGsz

BUT on the same day that the market was plunging Ruger stock was UP about 7% and S&W stock was UP about 10%.

Let the panic gun buying begin.

All of mine have been lost in an offshore boating accident.

All I have left is a .22lr Chipmunk and a Crossman 760.

Seriously.

Remember they had 2 years of 100% Govt control the Pres, Senate and House and they wouldn't/couldn't get it through. The last 2 years the house was strongly in the hands of the Republicans just like the next 2 years. In fact Pelosi spent A LOT of political capital as well a lot of cash and to get her House Speaker(and her fancy BIG jet) back. She FAILED and by all accounts her days as the Dem leader in the house are numbered. The Dems will have other HOT issues to take on before they will risk this fight.

I'd be more worried about the IRS and Obama care cause when all your money is going to taxes it leaves little cash for bullets or new guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M25BeastShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Dems will have other HOT issues to take on before they will risk this fight.</div></div>

I totally agree that their are more important things for the President to take care of long before he can attempt any firearm legislation. Bringing up the firearm issue now will only further divide congress instead of getting the two sides to start working together to rebuild the economy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vlcruz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M25BeastShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Dems will have other HOT issues to take on before they will risk this fight.</div></div>

I totally agree that their are more important things for the President to take care of long before he can attempt any firearm legislation. Bringing up the firearm issue now will only further divide congress instead of getting the two sides to start working together to rebuild the economy. </div></div>

Didn't stop him the first time around. Should had focused on economy but zeroed in on health care.

AWB ain't gonna happen folks - at least not through legislative means, not so long as Republicans control the house.

Panic buying is for fools that are easily manipulated and don't understand how government works...

The real concern is who will be the next Supreme Court Justice seated. Replace just one conservative Justice and our 2nd Amendment rights are in jeopardy.

Buying panic BLOWS it just raises the prices for us "normal" shoppers!!!

Doesn't matter if it happens or not the cost of guns and ammo are definitley going to start going up.

Yeah I bought two cans of 62gr., guy says "election prep?" No, I was planning on shooting this, then remembered oh yeah the post election freak out buy forgot about that.

Was terrible in 2009 finding ammo sometimes, I hope that doesn't happen again...

Stocking up on "assault weapons"? Damn right!

I bought a pack of new forks tonight, tomorrow im gonna go stab someone in the eye!

Seriously though, I did pick up an AR. I didnt think for one second they'd try anything in term number one with guns, what with wanting to no doubt get re-elected. But term two could get scary. We'll find out what "more flexibility after the election" really means.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AWB ain't gonna happen folks - at least not through legislative means, not so long as Republicans control the house.

Panic buying is for fools that are easily manipulated and don't understand how government works... </div></div>

Exactly. Enjoy your hoarding folks. It looks like now I'll have to wait even longer to get what I want at decent price, but at least you'll be ready for the zombies/black helicopters/ whatever crazy conspiracy you guys think you need an arsenal for.

You gonna stick to that story after the HRT team shoots your dog, your boy in the back and your pregnant wife in the head are you?

Good luck........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of mine have been lost in an offshore boating accident.

Seriously. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: squin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The real concern is who will be the next Supreme Court Justice seated. Replace just one conservative Justice and our 2nd Amendment rights are <span style="text-decoration: line-through">in jeopardy.</span> GONE </div></div>

Fixed it for ya!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: squin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The real concern is who will be the next Supreme Court Justice seated. Replace just one conservative Justice and our 2nd Amendment rights are <span style="text-decoration: line-through">in jeopardy.</span> GONE </div></div>

Fixed it for ya! </div></div>

The supreme court is loath to contradict itself. Now that they've gone out and confirmed that the 2nd Amendment is a personal right I doubt they'd go back on it even if the composition was changed slightly.

It's frustrating because conservative judges don't really give much credence to privacy rights. I'd like justices that protect ALL our constitutional rights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You gonna stick to that story after the HRT team shoots your dog, your boy in the back and your pregnant wife in the head are you?

Good luck........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of mine have been lost in an offshore boating accident.

Seriously. </div></div></div></div>

That went a little too far. Actually way too far.

Already got them. The CO shooting got the coals burning under me to build a BCM AR-15 and a spare lower for good measures. I bought an AK a couple years ago when I couldn't afford an AR-15. I got lucky and purchased a good one by pure chance (hadn't done much researching.)

The thing that sucks, is once I have enough cash on hand to finally purchase the precision rifle I've been dreaming about, something comes up and my gun ADD says, "Buy an AR-15 NOW!!!! otherwise, you will never own one, ever." Reasoning being that, "they might ban assault weapons, but I should still be able to get a bolt gun." Now, it's ammo and magazines. "Stock up before 30 round mags become more scarce than a virgin in a maternity ward." Furthermore, I plan to finally start reloading once I buy 'the precision rifle of my dreams' but I keep hearing about "The great primer drought of '08" So I purchase thousands of primers just in case. And 223 ammo, I figure that will go first so I buy all I can; and, I'll have some time to get 762x39 ammo within about a month because it 'seems' less popular.

Baaaa, I'm a sheep. My recently renewed love (and first serious introduction) to shooting has taken me into a mindset that I must stockpile, and budget to get as much ammo and 'assault weapons' before a ban comes around again. I'm a young person and spent nearly half my life living in a country were assault rifles were considered taboo and the downfall of our nation.

I'm new to the sport, I have a limited income and I want to be able to continue shooting for the rest of my life. I'm probably too paranoid about loosing our rights to firearms. But in all honesty, I'm just scared. There it is, I'm afraid of our government, and that is no way to go about life. Maybe I'll take up sailing when guns are banned. I liked it the few times I've been out in the gulf. Tried airplanes, loads of fun, but flying is the single most expensive endevour I've taken. Heck, I even work for an avionics broker now. Good luck has it that we have company plane (C182 Turbo w/ G1000) which I get to fly every now and then on the company dime to visit vendors and customers; but, recreationaly it is about impossible to afford venturing aloft more than 3 or 4 hours a month.

Long live the Republic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aur0ra145</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tried airplanes, loads of fun, but flying is the single most expensive endeavor I've taken.</div></div>

Yes...yes it is.

Wait......

you mean to tell me we were suppose to stock up?
I thought we were just not discriminating.......
against calibers. You have to have them all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Randoman5</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: squin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The real concern is who will be the next Supreme Court Justice seated. Replace just one conservative Justice and our 2nd Amendment rights are <span style="text-decoration: line-through">in jeopardy.</span> GONE </div></div>

Fixed it for ya! </div></div>

The supreme court is loath to contradict itself. Now that they've gone out and confirmed that the 2nd Amendment is a personal right I doubt they'd go back on it even if the composition was changed slightly.

It's frustrating because conservative judges don't really give much credence to privacy rights. I'd like justices that protect ALL our constitutional rights.</div></div>

In most instances I would tend to agree with you, but there a lot of folks who disagree with our 2nd Amendment and do not want civilians to be armed at all. I truly believe that if the balance of power shifts at the Supreme Court the 2nd Amendment will be one of the first casualties.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SJshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You gonna stick to that story after the HRT team shoots your dog, your boy in the back and your pregnant wife in the head are you?

Good luck........

That went a little too far. Actually way too far. </div></div>

...Tell that to Randy Weaver...

I'm just going to wait for one of the barely used ones to pop up in the classifieds. The panic buying just sucks. Restricting firearms any further is too politically costly. In other words, not worth it to Dems any more than seriously doing anything about abortion is to the GOP. They talk about it a lot, that's all.

We all should stock up on all types of weapons and ammo regardless of who is in power in the government.

I started a build a few months ago and it's been hard to find parts at a good price from all the panicy assholes.The world is not comming to the end.But don't worry I have plenty of fire power to fight off the zombes incase it does (for a while anyways).My build started from a love of shooting,not from who's in the Whitehouse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smschulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all should stock up on all types of weapons and ammo regardless of who is in power in the government. </div></div>

Yep.

Don't even call it "stocking up"....call it "investing"....guns and ammo will probably do better than the stock market and many precious metals in the next decade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaHick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SJshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You gonna stick to that story after the HRT team shoots your dog, your boy in the back and your pregnant wife in the head are you?

Good luck........

That went a little too far. Actually way too far. </div></div>

...Tell that to Randy Weaver...</div></div>

a couple months after that happened i happened to be in quantico doing a night fire test of some suppressed bolt and m4 rigs. Same night some fbi guys came out to test the rigs with us jarheads. We were sharing the demo models and when the fbi sniper fella got behind the bolt gun my buddy asked him, loudly i may add, "are you sure you can hit it, its not a woman holding a baby". needless to say the rest of the night was tense...

Local dealer sold all he had yesterday and tells me that his distributor was cleaned out as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigNoise</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smschulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all should stock up on all types of weapons and ammo regardless of who is in power in the government. </div></div>

Yep.

Don't even call it "stocking up"....call it "investing"....guns and ammo will probably do better than the stock market and many precious metals in the next decade. </div></div>

Ammo will be the new currency.

As for the panic, I hate to see it come but it is. I've been buying deals since long ago, if you have just now started, I feel sorry for ya as you have picked a bad time.

Ask the people that bought the high dollar AR's 4yrs ago.
wink.gif
Some people still have $1800 Colt 6920's!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmc02xx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We were sharing the demo models and when the fbi sniper fella got behind the bolt gun my buddy asked him, loudly i may add, "are you sure you can hit it, its not a woman holding a baby". needless to say the rest of the night was tense... </div></div>

Good for your buddy!

Feinstein is going to be the one to start the problems.

I can't really afford it but time for a .308 lower.
http://www.examiner.com/article/senator-feinstein-looking-to-introduce-new-assault-weapons-ban
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A few days before Barack Obama's reelection on Tuesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) began getting ready to introduce legislation to bring back the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004.

Quoting The Shooting Wire, Mac Slavo reported on Wednesday:

I don’t have the minutes of the meeting (yet), but sources tell me California Senator and longtime gun-hater Dianne Feinstein’s legal staff held meetings on Friday with FTB/ATF legal staff to discuss a new “Assault Weapons Ban” Madame Feinstein would be looking to push through Congress if President Obama wins reelection.

This same “pretty good intelligence” says the items that would lead to a ban would ban pistol grips and “high-capacity” magazines, eliminate any grandfathering and ban sales of “weapons in possession”.

The law “would essentially ban thousands of firearms and require gun owners to turn them over to the Federal government,” Slavo writes.

With Obama, who supports the ban, in the White House for another term and the Democrats fully in control of the Senate, Feinstein will most likely be able to introduce the legislation. If any trouble is encountered in the Republican-held House of Representatives, then gun control advocates should fear not, as Obama would most likely issue an executive order to get around it as he’s done in the past when he doesn't get his way. After all, “we can’t wait,” the dictator needs to erode our rights now.

As has been reported, so-called assault weapons are used in a very minute percentage of crime, being used in only about one percent of gun crimes and 0.20 percent of all violent crime, and the ban in no way affected violent crime while it was law.

A related issue also came up almost immediately after Obama’s reelection. Not even 24 hours after winning, the administration issued support for the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, which would implement a de facto global gun registry. According to PR Newswire, the administration joined with “China, France, Germany and the United Kingdom, and more than 150 other governments, in supporting renewed debate” on the treaty.

Obama previously supported the treaty, but backed out over the summer due to fear of losing the then-upcoming election, causing it to fail to pass and fizzle out of discussion at the time. Now that he no longer has to worry about reelection, he can implement the treaty without repercussion.

Gun sales have surged over the past four years due to fears that the Obama administration would implement gun control. Following his reelection, firearm stocks soared on Wednesday, even while the Dow Jones intraday dropped by 2.23 percent.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kill_goose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We'll find out what "more flexibility after the election" really means. </div></div>

This is what scares me.

The president can't do shit. When he replaces the two justices, ar's will become obsolete. Two years is all you have to get one then it's over

Should we stock up on assault weapons? What for? What ya gonna do with them? What ya gonna do with all that ammo?

Lets say they did repeal the second amendment, then what? Freedom of speech, freedom of religion?

It's great to have these guns and all that ammo for fun and recreational shooting, but if thats the only reason, then aren't we missing the whole point of the second amendement.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I'm not sure what the answer is either, but I just don't get that the goverment that is supposed to be for the people by the people, is starting to sound more like the goverment controlling the people and telling us what we can have and can't have. What we can do and what we can't do.

Sorry for the rant in your thread OP. Just trying to give us all food for thought.

I remember when I went all panic in 2008 bought a M and P 15 and had a forever wait on a LR 308. Nothing really happened except I paid a premium and waited forever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 78steeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I just don't get that the goverment that is supposed to be for the people by the people, is starting to sound more like the goverment controlling the people and telling us what we can have and can't have. What we can do and what we can't do.
</div></div>

IMO, when we as a people start asking/demanding that the government take care of us (whatever that means to you) then the government will accordingly begin to dictate what and where we will do what we do.

For example; We want free Medical care. Then in order to have that we will be excluded from eating too much red meat/fat and sugar. Not saying we should eat that, but in exchange for the free stuff, there will be concessions.

Just sayin.
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AWB ain't gonna happen folks - at least not through legislative means, not so long as Republicans control the house.

Panic buying is for fools that are easily manipulated and don't understand how government works... </div></div>

I was told that one sunny afternoon up in Prescott at J&G when I grabbed a pretty significant quantity of Argetinian surplus 308 ammo. A fellow actually said I'd lostmy mind or was just stupid to paythat much money for ammo.

That ammo was 99USD per 1000 rounds, and if you bought 5K it was 89/1000.

Some of us 'easily manipulated fools' that'don't understand how government works' know a few things you may not have heard yet.

The value of dollars to goods is as high now as it ever will be, therefore converting dollars to anything you can hold in your hands is pretty damn smart, considering reloadable surplus argentinian 308 will run right at 44 cents a round today.

This government is killing the currency, your republicans in the house haven't done a fucking thing to curtail that.Assualt weapons or soup in a can, ammo, supplies, they will 'necessarily skyrocket' as we print our way into prosperity.

sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hofhine1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BoilerUP said:
Some of us 'easily manipulated fools' that'don't understand how government works' know a few things you may not have heard yet.</div></div>

No, you don't...but if thinking you do rationalizes your actions then by all means continue!

Besides, what you describe is NOT panic-buying...

The 3 possibilities that make my ass itch are: new regulations put out by govt. agencies, administrative actions, and the good 'ol executive order ("stroke of the pen, law of the land, kinda cool" -Paul Begala).

I am not panic into panic buying but I am making damn sure I have the ammo and/or components to enjoy my guns at today's prices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M25BeastShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember they had 2 years of 100% Govt control the Pres, Senate and House and they wouldn't/couldn't get it through. The last 2 years the house was strongly in the hands of the Republicans just like the next 2 years. In fact Pelosi spent A LOT of political capital as well a lot of cash and to get her House Speaker(and her fancy BIG jet) back. She FAILED and by all accounts her days as the Dem leader in the house are numbered. The Dems will have other HOT issues to take on before they will risk this fight.

I'd be more worried about the IRS and Obama care cause when all your money is going to taxes it leaves little cash for bullets or new guns. </div></div>

Exactly!

At the same time, have and raise many good children and buy quality fighting firearms for each of them.

Can't afford to stock up on rifles lol. Just picked up a few extra handgun mags is all. Got more than enough ar mags to last 3 lifetimes

Yea I stocked up, 300 52 gr .223 Hornady Steel match and 500 cheapie .223 for blasting, not because I'm panicking, but because of other panicked buyers. I stocked up because ammo is getting harder to find because of the panic buyers, and I want to have rounds available when I want to shoot.

Now for the "you guys are conspiracy nuts" crowd, I work in the offshore oil industry, and one signature on an offshore drilling ban was all it took to almost destroy an entire industry. A gun ban does not take congressional action. If they want guns to go away, they don't have to ban anything, all they have to do is change the classification of gun powder and make it all but impossible to ship and stock. Guns are pretty useless w/o ammo. Also, keep in mind that the week after Colorado 3 different AWB type bills were introduced, so don't think there isn't a chance that something wont get slipped into another bigger bill.

WOW!! You are confident. I do hope you are right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 78steeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should we stock up on assault weapons? What for? What ya gonna do with them? What ya gonna do with all that ammo?

Lets say they did repeal the second amendment, then what? Freedom of speech, freedom of religion?

It's great to have these guns and all that ammo for fun and recreational shooting, but if thats the only reason, then aren't we missing the whole point of the second amendement.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I'm not sure what the answer is either, but I just don't get that the goverment that is supposed to be for the people by the people, is starting to sound more like the goverment controlling the people and telling us what we can have and can't have. What we can do and what we can't do.

Sorry for the rant in your thread OP. Just trying to give us all food for thought. </div></div>

Im confused but then again Im not very smart. Are you saying that if they did a ban and or confiscation, you would give up your weapons?? I hope Im just misunderstanding your reply. Mainly the first 4 sentences. If Im not, you have fun living on your knees. As for me, Im going to die on my feet.