• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shouldered prefit barrels

I made the change about 2 weeks ago after some heads up from 2 other trusted sources who notified me of issues.

I have not had any issues however until things were cleared up and a good print was confirmed from Defiance I opted to tell customers to send in the action for the first barrel job. We measure it, laser engrave a tag with the measurements and send it back with the barrel for no additional charge. After that I dont need the action again as long as the engraved tag isn't lost by the owner.

We did it as a proactive safety measure based on the findings of 2 other gunsmiths whose experience and opinions I trust.

It may turn out to be just a false alarm but until I know that 110% we are changing policy.

Of someone has existing barrels on their rifles and no problems then there is no issue to worry about.
I have a shoulder tenacity on order. I will call tomorrow. Would like to talk

Oh nice enjoy that time. Yes monday it is. I just need to switch my barrel threads to a remage instead of the shoulder.

Oh nice enjoy that time. Yes monday it is. I just need to switch my barrel threads to a remage instead of the shoulder.
I talked to Nick at SJA and confirmed the #'s with him that Defiance is sticking to.

We probably didn't have any issues because we were sitting at half a thousandth off the number and holding +/- 5 tenths, I moved to the nominal value so we are good now.

Shouldn't have any issues, but we are still tracking the barrels very closely to be sure.

Reactions: RFutch
Well i ended up ordering a arc nucleus yesterday to make sure i had shoulder prefits should of waited i guess but i will call monday and switch my threads to that action instead. Thank you for update

Did your shoulder barrels head space right? Not sure why they took them off if they headspace right
I haven’t put them on the action yet. Post that you want to buy and I’ll verify the headspace. If it’s correct you pay. If not you don’t. Pva is a good company to do business with and their barrels are as good as anything out there imo. Look through what others have posted about them and you’ll see that their barrels are tack drivers. Their reputation of making a quality product is very important and you shouldn’t imply there’s a problem with their barrels unless a problem exists.
Thank you, I appreciate you looking.

Not sure what you are trying to say? Just asked a questioned no harm in that. I never said anything bad about pva i order alot of there stuff. I use there hunting and target bullets also waiting on barrel and going to order more barrels. My problem was never with pva i asked because defiance decided to take the prefit away for the tenacity. So i was just asking to verify if yours was good that's all. Nothing was ill or bad just checking since defiance said no.

Reactions: jcmullis2
Not sure what you are trying to say? Just asked a questioned no harm in that. I never said anything bad about pva i order alot of there stuff. I use there hunting and target bullets also waiting on barrel and going to order more barrels. My problem was never with pva i asked because defiance decided to take the prefit away for the tenacity. So i was just asking to verify if yours was good that's all. Nothing was ill or bad just checking since defiance said no.
I apologize for misunderstanding you.

I was looking for a tenacity a few weeks ago, I contacted Altus and they said that the proof profit they carry for the Ruckus will fit the tenacity just fine as long as is a newer integral recoil lug model.

Reactions: jcmullis2
That’s what I’ve been told too but I haven’t verified it. You might want to search recent posts about the company before buying one of their prefit barrel. I recall something a week or so back about prefits from them.

That’s what I’ve been told too but I haven’t verified it. You might want to search recent posts about the company before buying one of their prefit barrel. I recall something a week or so back about prefits from them.
Verified. I got my “new” tenacity a few days ago and got a ruckus proof pre-fit from evolved ballistics out of Texas. Before I made the purchase I spoke to proof and they said the only requirements were that 1. The tenacity action was the model with the integral recoil lug and 2. That it had the recessed bolt lugs. I bought the defiance action wrench and used my trusty viper vise and torqued to 60ft lbs quick and painless, headspaced perfectly.

Last edited: