• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show 'em

Re: Show 'em

L to R:

Swiss ZFK 55, Enfield L42A1, Original No.4 (T), Swedish M41B

I like vintage stuff....
grin.gif
grin.gif

snipers.jpg

Nice Enfield I damn near got one at our recent gun show but the price just wasn't right.

OK; I'll play too...

top to bottom:
real 03-A4 in process of being "de-bubba'd".
M40 clone project on original 1966 clip-slotted receiver
XM-21 clone built on 1994 SA, Inc. M1A

012.jpg

Those are old pictures I have some newer ones I have to upload. Also since it was a Post war BRNO export build, it is devoid of marks, the SWP 45 was ground off the ring, so I decided to see what I could do with it. I bedded it and was able to float the barrel and it looks normal. Shoots Great too. I have an actual Sniper K98 from 1944 that is without mount and will need to be redone, but its a 44 and correct. Its all matching bring back, ut the bolt does not match, it matches itself, but not the rifle. Was going to find an original mount and scope, but may just go with the repro as the bolt is not original and is missing the key safety. Sad that it was incomplete.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndPanzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have an actual Sniper K98 from 1944..., but its a 44 and correct. Its all matching bring back, ut the bolt does not match, it matches itself, but not the rifle. </div></div>

confused.gif
It's all matching...but it's not? As the bolt is mismatched to the rifle, but matches itself...?

Surely a mismatch is a mismatch? There's no sliding scale or "shades" of mismatch

Yeah there is a difference between a rifle that has different numbers on everything, and one where were every single part on it is matched, and the bolt has every single number matched, but different, and one where everything matches, 100%. the rifle SN is 6500 and even the Barrel band spring bar has 6500 stamped on it. it is the most heavily numbered Mauser of the 12 or so I own. The thing thats tragic is the Mount and scope being gone, and the original bolt not being there. I imagine the guy just picked up a bolt from a pile after he was handed the rifle.
Very common for surrendered rifles to be seperated from the bolt, so yeah what I said was correct, the bolt is not a mix master, and neither is the rest of the rifle, Just the TWO do not match each other. It was more of a statement to say that the rifle is not a mixmaster like most of the RC or refurbed ones out there are. I didn't say 100% matching, I said all matching but the bolt and qualified the statement. Its a mismatch, but to a much less often seen extent. Never tried to portray it as anything else, just describing the degree of mismatching, by seperating the rifle into its two major components that did match. Many of the bring backs are like this, but most of the Mausers out there are not, having nearly every piece being mismatched or force matched. true 100% matching Mauseres are hard to come by and expensive when you do see them.
Make sense? You read into it too much, man.
wink.gif
I'll try to be clearer in the future so as not to be misunderstood, I just thought everyone would get what I was saying. So what I mean to say is that it has matching numbers on all its components, but the bolt does not match the reciever, although it has matching numbers on all of its components. There that takes the " all matching" statement away and makes everything better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndPanzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah there is a difference between a rifle that has different numbers on everything, and one where were every single part on it is matched, and the bolt has every single number matched, but different, and one where everything matches, 100%. </div></div>

Serious collectors who I know would be of a different opinion....it is either matched (100%) or it is mismatched.

No shades of grey to them.

Given what these rifles have likely been through over 70 years (everything from armourer/field repairs, possible Russian capture where everything is jumbled up and put back together, bubba hacks or deliberate fraudulent fakery, to being restamped by the likes of Mitchells et. etc.) - I'd say if it shoots safely and you like it, take it for what it is and enjoy it.

But, if you want it to be part of your pension, then (as you say) it's not worth the same money as an all matching original.

Depends on your reasons for having it I suppose?

Unrefurbed all matching 1944 Tula PU scoped 91/30 sniper rifle - inherited it from a good friend:

MT1_8454.jpg

MT1_8457.jpg

MT1_8459.jpg

MT1_8462.jpg

Still has the original war era stamped metal floor plate, which was only fitted to Tulas:

MT1_8460.jpg

Even better, no dang crappy import mark!

MT1_8456.jpg

She shoots pretty well and I don't take her out enough ...

<span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^
^
^

I like t</span>hat</span>

Viet Nam Era Pair; Remington M40 Commemorative with Redfield 3-9x scope. Along with the M14 (M1A) USGI parts H&R
006.jpg

One more;
007.jpg

Always nice to see some vintage snipers so I like to show you two of mine as well.

Garand M1D matching numbers (scope & barrel)

M1D.jpg

The reciever is from 1945 and a part from the T37 flash hider it is all original.

M1Da.jpg

This is my M40 replica built by GAP.

100_1873.jpg

I bought a reciever here at sniper'shide with the correct 6 digit serial# starting with a 2.
It was .243 but was rebuilt as a .308 again by GAP.
At GAP they put the right markings on the reciever and barrel.

The stock was custom made by Accurate Innovations and has an aluminum bedding.

The scope came from Ironsights and is a refurbished 3 x 9 Tombstone which they coated green.

100_1844.jpg

It shoot's like a dream the trigger is fantastic they did a hell of a job at GAP.

Next project is a Winchester pre '64 M70 in 30.06

Beautiful rifles you have there Dutch Gunny!
Could you post more pictures of that GAP build M40?
Are you from the Netherlands too or are you from a place called Holland?

Greatings from the Netherlands,
30cal

That rifle is gorgeous!

I especially love the stock and the green scope. There is just something about oiled walnut and blued steel that can't be beaten by modern day firearms.
I agree, We have a lot of restrictions here. On the one hand it makes it (arguably) a lot safer, but doing gunsmithing yourself or having a beautiful rifle like that made is a real PITA.

I am in the proces of building an M40 replica myself. I had to find every single part in the USA. the hardest where the low 4-screw redfield rings, but now I have pretty much every part down to a Redfield 3-9x40 accurange. The old redfields are great scopes, even after 40 years the worksmanship that was put into them makes them still usefull today. The only part I am still looking for is the correct butplate, but since it's turning winter I won't have much oppertinity for range time, so this will be a spring project anyway.

Thanks for the pictures. And don't hesitate to post pictures of the Winchester when it is finished.

Kind regards, Louis

This is my future M70 build. The barreled action is a Pre-War 30 GOV'T '06 and according to Senich's book the serial falls in the correct range of 40,000 to 50,000. The action is also stenciled with US Property. The Unertl is a 10x. Can't find an 8x and probably couldn't afford a USMC marked one if I did find one. Oh well, close enough and it looks brand new.
I'm going to have TBA do the work. The rifle is in such good condition that at this point I'm debating whether or not I should just put on a stock and use it as is. Wait a while to have it transformed into an M70 clone. What do you guys think?

_MG_1680.jpg

_MG_1676.jpg

_MG_1677.jpg

_MG_1679.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is my future M70 build. The barreled action is a Pre-War 30 GOV'T '06 and according to Senich's book the serial falls in the correct range of 40,000 to 50,000. The action is also stenciled with US Property. The Unertl is a 10x. Can't find an 8x and probably couldn't afford a USMC marked one if I did find one. Oh well, close enough and it looks brand new.
I'm going to have TBA do the work. The rifle is in such good condition that at this point I'm debating whether or not I should just put on a stock and use it as is. Wait a while to have it transformed into an M70 clone. What do you guys think?

_MG_1680.jpg

_MG_1676.jpg

_MG_1677.jpg

_MG_1679.jpg
</div></div>

I would build it. I'm working now on building one to switch back and forth between XTC match rifle and Long Range. A pre war one like that is a very good find. I wouldn't sweat the 10x either a USMC 8x just to hard to find and pay for if you do.I just got a Lyman 48WH for the match rifle sighting set up and will probably get one of the new repop Unertls if I can't find a real one. Good luck
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2011...e-sniper-scope/

.30Cal,

I took me also a long time to get everything together.
Especially the receiver.
This is my second M40 built by GAP believe it or not my first one was stolen during transportation.
That was a huge set back and 1,5 years of preparation gone.
At that time I did not know it, but George from Gap used a Remington .308 receiver with a correct, 6 digit, serial number starting with a 2 and these are very rare.

After the rifle was lost it cost me about a year to find another “correct” receiver again.
Then I had to wait 6 months on the stock.
But it was worth it I learned a lot from the first built and the second rifle is even better then the first.

Butt plate, that is the only thing I still have to do.
But since my stock is custom made I need to make also a custom steel butt plate.

Are you building yours in Holland or in the States?

M70 will be hopefully done in January 2012

I would put a stock on it and see how it shoots first, that way you would be able to see what the rifle can do on its own. Shoot it for some time, then change the barrel, that way you would have a nice "before and after" comparison.

What a bummer that the first rifle was stolen!!!

I will be building mine here in Holland.
The paperwork and money I would have to go through to get a correct reciever here makes it close to impossible. And that is even IF I can find one and IF I can find a seller willing to ship it to Holland. All those "if's" make it not worth the effort.

I will be using an SPS Varmint as a base rifle and shorten the barrel to 24". That way the appearance will be more or less correct. Maybe if I have the money and a gunsmith here is willing to do it I could have the bolt shroud shortened to resemble the original one, because I don't see short bolt shrouds for sale anywhere. Incorrect marking don't bother me, I am not making a clone. It will be more of a tribute to the original M40.

First I need to save up some funds, the cheapest varmint barreled Rem 700 you can buy here is the SPS Varmint, and it will cost you 850 Euro, yep, thats 1140 dollars! A 700 Police will set you back about 1200 euro ($1600).
But since I will start building the rifle next spring, I'll have plenty of time to save up...

Any more pictures you have of the M40 are welcome.
Good luck and let us know of any progression.
Kind regards, Louis

Here's my 1903A4 replica. I found it at a pawn shop for about $400 looking like this...
forsale007.jpg

forsale008.jpg

Was a very nice sporter, but not what I wanted. It is a 1919 RIA action, with a 7-44 barrel.

1903A4001-1.jpg

Hope yall like it. I hope to smack some whitetail with it this deer season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2458310060048605402S425x425Q85.jpg

Top to bottom:
M70 w/1-1/4" 8x Unertl CMP papered property marked
40x 22lr w/Weaver T10 USMC/property marked CMP papered
M1D CMP papered
1903A4 clone
M40 commemorative w/Gen2 Redfield accurange
Spec GAP M40A1 w/Unertl and smear
GAP M24
1941 clone w/1" 8x Unertl (work in progress)

The 40X will be getting a Lyman supertarget spot as soon as I have time to put it on.

Hope someone enjoys the pic!
Trilogymac </div></div>

I love the M1D!

Where are you guys finding your Unertl's?

Im looking for one for a rifle im putting together!

By the way although modern rifles like the tube rifles are sweet these vintage rifles will never go out of style! So beautiful you guys have a great collection!

Rhongman, IM quite jealous of that find. How long did it take you to come across a M70 that was in the correct SN range? I see M700 in the correct range but never a M70 this is a first. If I were you I would build the M70 sniper rifle. Thats just me. Do you have the correct stock for it yet? If not I have seen correct ones sold by Numrich. Just to let you know. You will definitly have to post pics when done. Too many projects ahead right now but a M70 is definitly in the near future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottx88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine and my buddy Brians M40's (commemoratives)
ScottsPictures1923.jpg

Guns349.jpg

</div></div>

Talk about drool. Two M40s in one place. Wait a doggone minute. Did I die and go to Heaven without realizing it?

Nothing with a scope yet

but someday...

GungnirNothungMjolnir-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great new forum - I like it!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mike - can we include accurate reproductions too? Can always move the post to a new thread if not....

Enfield No4(T) - All matching and original '44 Long Branch with '44 dated No32Mk3 scope (repro by Thames Valley Guns)

No4T003.jpg

Mauser K98k "byf41" - All matching and original with pre-war dated Zeiss ZF39 Zielvier in SSR mount (repro by Miltech). Repro stock now replaced with original '41 dated WaA655 "L" stock (will replace pic ASAP)

Miltech98k003-1.jpg
</div></div>

that enfield is F&%$ING sweet!

All matching Remington 03A3 converted to 03A4 using correct base, mounts, bolt etc. The scope is a 3x Weaver. The rifle qualifies for the DCM vintage sniper matches thought I havent got the chance to compete yet.
o3a42.jpg

Super nice rifles! Thanks everyone for sharing your pics!!!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimbob_walker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i love old guns. there is a satifaction in having something that has been around longer than you and has a story behind it. </div></div>

Yup.

Hello fellas, first time poster here, so greetings from the Texas coast! Love the forum, great reference, ok.. i figured i'd make a thread contribution,hope it adequate!
wink.gif

Heres my K98K ZF41 with complete rig.... in about 98% originalcondition... (one of my fav's)
BYF44ZF41.jpg

OK,one more for you guys to drool upon!!!

everyone keeps on keepin on with the m41's and m41b's..

here are my 3.... two m41b's One oberndorf and one Gustaf\
andone m41. a Oberndorf...

hope you guys like em
We3Swedes.jpg

This is a clone of the extremely rare Finnish m39 SOV sniper I built a couple years ago. I intended to keep it and compete in the CMP matches with it but the scope eye relief was all wrong for me and it weighed a freakin ton. I sold it soon after but it still was-is a nice weapon.
m39sov001.jpg

m39sov003.jpg

m39sov004.jpg

ric44 - very nice, thanks for sharing. Shame you sold it!

I'm planning an M39-SOV build as my next project...really looking forward to it!