• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show me some SVD groups

cinosbus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2008
St. Charles, MO
I have heard everything from 2moa to .5moa. How do the Dragunov SVD rifles shoot? Anybody shot some tight ones with a Tiger?

Help me justify my itch.

Re: Show me some SVD groups

owned 2 diff ones in yrs past--1" was as good as I ever got--
really makes you respect their snipers as our epuipment was so
superior

Tiger is not an SVD.
PSL is not an SVD.
Kadiesh is not an SVD.

1" at 100 with 7N1 match ammo. And that's with a low power scope the Soviets are so accustomed to. 800 meters capable on a man-size target. Plenty of "harassing" accuracy at 1000 and beyond. Pretty impressive for a semi-auto designed in the early 60s if you ask me. Former Spetznaz Vorobiev took one Taliban clown down at 800+ meters with his SVD...

All others are 2MOA at best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tiger is not an SVD.
PSL is not an SVD.
Kadiesh is not an SVD. </div></div>

I know the differences between PSLs and SVDs, but other than cosmetics, what makes the tiger not an SVD? Never heard of a Kadiesh?

Bulgarian ball through my psl is about 1.5" at 100 if I do everything perfect. 7n1 shot the same although it was much more consistent, no fliers and less vertical stringing. I have a few targets, if I can find them I'll post them.

The limiting factors are really the 4X optics and ammunition choices. Hard to find match ammunition in 54R caliber and loading can be a pain as oftentimes russian 7.62 is around 310-311.

As far as "sniper rifles" go none of these are sniper rifles. They are designated marksman rifles. Basically taking a normal soldier who is an above average shot and giving him a rifle that can reach out a bit farther.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cinosbus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never heard of a Kadiesh? </div></div>

Iraqi SVD copy, sort of. IIRC the mags, trigger parts and something else are different.

edit: http://www.dragunov.net/iraq_alkadesiah.html

Apparently there are lots of SVD's and other rifles over in Iraq and they destroy them. Too bad they can't bring them back and sell them through the CMP or something. Would love to have a genuine SVD.