• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show me your McMillan’s

beautiful!
what colour is the barreled action and which barrel contour is it?i m waiting for my gunsmith to finish a similar rifle and hope it will be as nice as yours!
Kampfeld Custom did the cerakote in their cobalt color. Barrel is Bartlein sendero/rem varmint contour.

Carbon Ambush- carbon fiber background with what looks the be splatter of od green and fde
That's what it looks like to me too but neither of those are color names that they offer. Nice stock by the way. I'm getting ready to order one (carbon background) but I'm hung up on the colors. Their Carbon urban Ambush looks nice but looks "cold" to me and I'd like to get some tan in there. The challenge is does need to match black and stainless which is my action and barrel.....

That's what it looks like to me too but neither of those are color names that they offer. Nice stock by the way. I'm getting ready to order one (carbon background) but I'm hung up on the colors. Their Carbon urban Ambush looks nice but looks "cold" to me and I'd like to get some tan in there. The challenge is does need to match black and stainless which is my action and barrel.....
Mine is a game hunter edge fill in woodland carbon ambush. Red Hawk Rifles has this stock in both LA and SA.

This one made Christmas for my dad last year. McMillan HTG out of their adjustable cheek mold, Cerakoted Sniper Grey w/ a subtle dual-color web (with a little writeup http://www.thesjg.com/2019/11/so-i-built-my-father-a-rifle/ ) .. he hasn't complained about it... much. :ROFLMAO:

20181217_182328.jpg
20181221_174149.jpg
20181221_191215.jpg
20181221_191230.jpg
20181221_191241.jpg

That is a great looking rig. I'm looking to order a game hunter for a tikka I'm putting together. I'm curious, do you get a good cheek weld and sight picture with that stock, even though it doesn't have the adjustable comb?
Yes I do. It’s very reminiscent of a high comb Monte Carlo Weatherby stock. Maybe a touch higher. I have zero problems with positioning.

Reactions: 2ndlegend
I also have a Game Hunter on a Tikka and low 30mm Seekins rings (on a Area 419 -20 moa rail). The cheek weld is good for hunting situations but if I was going to do long sessions of prone, I would probably throw a mouse pad or two over it to give me another 1/8 to 1/4 of rise to keep my neck from getting stiff. Bottom line is that they have made the comb as high as they can and still make the bolt removable. I bought this to be as lightweight as possible and an adjustable comb added close to a pound of extra weight. I'm happy with my decision to not get the adjustable comb.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 201
I also have a Game Hunter on a Tikka and low 30mm Seekins rings (on a Area 419 -20 moa rail). The cheek weld is good for hunting situations but if I was going to do long sessions of prone, I would probably throw a mouse pad or two over it to give me another 1/8 to 1/4 of rise to keep my neck from getting stiff. Bottom line is that they have made the comb as high as they can and still make the bolt removable. I bought this to be as lightweight as possible and an adjustable comb added close to a pound of extra weight. I'm happy with my decision to not get the adjustable comb.

That's a good looking rig. I really am liking the look of the game hunter with the carbon ambush patterns. As for practicality, It sounds like your needs are fairly similar to mine. I have looking to keep the rifle fairly light without sacrificing usability. This rifle I'm working on will be mine, but my wife wants to try her hand at hunting this year, and since my other gun is 12 pounds empty it would be nice to have something she could wield a little easier (As well as setup a little lighter for me too). My plan is to use the gun for deer, elk, and longer range predator hunting. I got a tikka action on the cheap and am re-barreling it with a proof research shouldered prefit. I also just ordered a game hunter in urban carbon ambush. It might be a 6 month wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Thanks for the input, it reassures my mind a little bit on the choice I made.

I'll have to throw a picture of it up on this forum when I get it all put together.

That's a good looking rig. I really am liking the look of the game hunter with the carbon ambush patterns. As for practicality, It sounds like your needs are fairly similar to mine. I have looking to keep the rifle fairly light without sacrificing usability. This rifle I'm working on will be mine, but my wife wants to try her hand at hunting this year, and since my other gun is 12 pounds empty it would be nice to have something she could wield a little easier (As well as setup a little lighter for me too). My plan is to use the gun for deer, elk, and longer range predator hunting. I got a tikka action on the cheap and am re-barreling it with a proof research shouldered prefit. I also just ordered a game hunter in urban carbon ambush. It might be a 6 month wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Thanks for the input, it reassures my mind a little bit on the choice I made.

I'll have to throw a picture of it up on this forum when I get it all put together.
I'm not sure on wait time now but my wait time was only about 12 weeks (got it maybe 3 months ago). They delivered it about 2 months faster than they had said which is always nice.

That looks killer. What's it chambered in? What barrel is that? I like.

That last stock is not painted yet.

Attachments

• Defiance 7mmSTW 20201013_102420.jpg
    Defiance 7mmSTW 20201013_102420.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Win 70 1949 270  to 280AI 11 lb 9 oz 20180911_101914.jpg
    Win 70 1949 270 to 280AI 11 lb 9 oz 20180911_101914.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Defiance Hunter action 7mmSTW McMillan edge Limbsaver 20180512_093542.jpg
    Defiance Hunter action 7mmSTW McMillan edge Limbsaver 20180512_093542.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 176
By decree of me - I'm bumping this thread. Too excited about the relatively easy switch from .308 to 260 rem. Previous barrel was a 20 inch varmint profile with a 1:10 twist. I bought a lightly used 260 rem barrel that screwed on and headspaced without need for machining. M24 contour, 26 inches.

McMillan A2 with olive paint. Thought about painting but I like the character of the little blemishes.

A6871902-3738-43DF-A182-0010207CE325.jpeg
9BBDC44C-5863-488F-A448-347E448D138D.jpeg

Reactions: S12A