• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show me your tan duracoated guns!

308sniper147

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2013
Huntsville, AL
I am going to order some for my shotgun and pistol and I really need to know what the tan variations look like!
Really would love a pic of magpul flat dark earth aswell!

For what it's worth I just finished a desert digital in shades of tans/light browns using Cerakote. I did however have Duracoat Magpul FDE on hand and in my opinion it is not a match for actual Magpul FDE furniture. When put together the Duracoat actually has a green tint against it. Cerakote MPFDE is not a good match either, it's a bit darker. If you are looking for a real nice match for Magpul FDE I would suggest Cerakote Coyote Tan. I have a test piece that I have sprayed with 10 shades of tans but I left it at the ranch shop where I coat stuff or I would snap a pic and post it.

It's a Seekins MCSR 13" V1. El Gordo is correct. It doesn't quite match Magpuls FDE polymer parts. The UBR in my pic was painted also.

Flat Tactical Tan

Attachments

• JP 6.5x47.jpg
    JP 6.5x47.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 40
Here is one that's curing for a coworker that I did a couple weeks ago, he hasn't had time to pick it up yet.

Sand inside the flutes
Coyote on the metal
and a combo of sand, coyote, brown, od green and grey. It looks a lot better in natural light.

xdeano

Last edited:
Reactions: SonicBurlap
I got this paint from USGunworks and It has FDE, Tan, and Green. This was my best crack at German Desert Flectarn

Wow guys these are all such beautiful weapons. Did you all DIY or have them painted by someone else? I ordered some od green magpul fde, and woodland brown and I'm going to take a crack at atacs!

Wow and that looks great do you gun paint for money on the side? And also how do you paint just the flutes I just got my bolt fluted and might paint them? Well how do you do it and keep the lines crisp anyway?

How do you enjoy your mcree chassis. I came very close to ordering one but decided to go with rock solid. Should be coming in next week and ill post pics on my other forum I started for rock solid along with a review if anyone is interested!

308sniper147, You can "quote" who you are talking to but clicking the "reply with quote" button on the bottom left side of the post you would like to quote, just mentioning as it might help those you are quting get you a beeter/faster answer. I did my barreled action myself. PM sent on ATAC's camo.

FDE and OD green make a good combination on these two this is Cerakote though not Duracote , colours are the same though I think. These are the first two rifles I have every had done and I am so pleased with the
way they have come together and finished up.

Last edited:
FDE and OD green make a good combination on these two this is Cerakote though not Duracote , colours are the same though I think. These are the first two rifles I have every had done and I am so pleased with the
way they have come together and finished up.

They really did come in very nicely together I bet they get a lot of looks when you are on the range with them!

The OP was about Duracoat but since others have introduced Cerakote pictures I'll go ahead an post this project I recently finished using the latter..

POF14_zpsee9b6734.jpg

POF15_zpsa150dcfa.jpg

POF16_zpsf4aa9ff7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SonicBurlap
here is my Duracoat magpul FDE...it does NOT match many things magpul FDE...PMAG, buttstock, AR grip..ect...

So i called Duracoat and told them the deal, they said send in a sample and they will color match that for free...so 1 week later i had my custom color and its pretty close, not perfect, but close enough to use. Did the bolt gun with this color.

Its curing still, but it looks pretty good so far, did some krylon dark brown and black on the stock and scope to break it up a little. My colt AR is next, ill post pics when that is done.

El Gordo thats one of if not the nicest complete jobs ive seen done anywhere , you have to be thrilled with that mate Wow

How do you enjoy your mcree chassis. I came very close to ordering one but decided to go with rock solid. Should be coming in next week and ill post pics on my other forum I started for rock solid along with a review if anyone is interested!

I definitely love it, only 30 rounds down the tube but already a 3/8 minute gun. The mcree is very comfortable and the ergonomics are great and so simple to adjust. I've heard nothing but good things about the Rock solid. Good luck!

here is my Duracoat magpul FDE...it does NOT match many things magpul FDE...PMAG, buttstock, AR grip..ect...

So i called Duracoat and told them the deal, they said send in a sample and they will color match that for free...so 1 week later i had my custom color and its pretty close, not perfect, but close enough to use. Did the bolt gun with this color.

Its curing still, but it looks pretty good so far, did some krylon dark brown and black on the stock and scope to break it up a little. My colt AR is next, ill post pics when that is done.

Did you clear coat over the krylon to protect it or are you just gona leave it?

i didnt clear it, atleast not yet. I want the duracoat to fully cure. I may just leave it anyways, dont want to take it back apart. Its a dark base, so even if it wears some it wont look bad...hopefully :)

i didnt clear it, atleast not yet. I want the duracoat to fully cure. I may just leave it anyways, dont want to take it back apart. Its a dark base, so even if it wears some it wont look bad...hopefully :)

I agree it looks great what bipod is the on your weapon?

vvillium3 said:
This is killer, how many hours did it take you to make it that spot on?

Thanks.... I completely took the rifle down, degreased in acetone, blasted with 120 AO an then re-assembled parts as needed. Removing the NP3 on the lower and upper was a bit time consuming. Applied base coat, stencils, 2nd coat, stencils, third coat, stencils, 4th color. The surfaces of the POF P308 along with the rails etc were just crazy dealing with the stencils. On and off it took me 4 days to complete.

Thank you. It is a Premier Heritage 3-15x50 + sunshade/ARD honeycomb in Seekins rings. This scope came from Scott/Liberty Optics way back when he was still slinging them. Hell of a guy.

How much did you give for it I'm looking for that exact magnification range. Looks like a hell of a scope

How much did you give for it I'm looking for that exact magnification range. Looks like a hell of a scope

Ha, let's just say there is an incredible difference between what I had to give for it and what it costs to purchase one today. It is an impressive piece of glass. Everyone who looks through it comments on the clarity. It is one of, if not the clearest scopes I've ever looked through.

This is it but mine has the Gen2 XR reticle.

Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Tactical 34mm Riflescope

Thanks.... I completely took the rifle down, degreased in acetone, blasted with 120 AO an then re-assembled parts as needed. Removing the NP3 on the lower and upper was a bit time consuming. Applied base coat, stencils, 2nd coat, stencils, third coat, stencils, 4th color. The surfaces of the POF P308 along with the rails etc were just crazy dealing with the stencils. On and off it took me 4 days to complete.

That certainly is a beautifully painted gun

Ha, let's just say there is an incredible difference between what I had to give for it and what it costs to purchase one today. It is an impressive piece of glass. Everyone who looks through it comments on the clarity. It is one of, if not the clearest scopes I've ever looked through.

This is it but mine has the Gen2 XR reticle.

Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Tactical 34mm Riflescope
Well that's pretty pricy... Haha I'm glad you got it on an extremely good deal!