• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Show Off Your Double Action Revolvers

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Found several old threads from searching, but nothing dedicated to simply pictures of nice DA revolvers.

I'm a huge fan. Picking up brass is so much easier for us crippled old guys.

I'll start with a few of my favorites:
    S&W 629 no dash
    attachment-2.jpg

S&W 629-2 Classic Hunter
    20191025_121219.jpg

Colt Python
    IMG_5471.JPG

I had a mint Trooper III that I regret selling the most. It had the slightly rounded butt on it, so 80’s? I picked up cheap and was sold with some others. I’ll have to go find pics of them.

I had a mint Trooper III that I regret selling the most. It had the slightly rounded butt on it, so 80’s? I picked up cheap and was sold with some others. I’ll have to go find pics of them.

Yes, around 1980 or so up until 1983. I don't have my book on hand to reference, but I think it happened around the time of the introduction of the .22 mag version.

Reactions: Bender
    Ruger Redhawk started out as a 5.5” barrel. Cut to 4”, trigoer job, inverted muzzle crown, Freedom Arms front site, and jeweled trigger/ hammer. Work done by Jack Huntington.

Attachments

• F329D20D-B694-4BA2-BE81-D3569BEFE0F9.jpeg
      F329D20D-B694-4BA2-BE81-D3569BEFE0F9.jpeg
      32.8 KB · Views: 30
    Last edited:
    I'm not sure most people even remember PPC. That was some fun. So were Bowling Pin shoots. I've a full rib long slide 1911 just for pins somewhere in the back of the safe.

Not mine... Just spotted on the turnbullrestoration website:

View attachment 7252596

Those were going for $995 on Gunbroker a while back. I really think they would have sold better with a pair of $200 grips added to them with corresponding price increase.

There are still quite a few Turnbull Super Blackhawks for sale I see...

I don't know what a dippi is, but it is a plain jane kangaroo rat. I'm in east central colorado near Deer Trail....
    It’s a short nickname for the scientific name.
    Wikipedia
    Scientific name: Dipodomys

We called ‘em dippi’s or kangaroos out in Nevada. Fun to watch and as kids we kept them as pets.

Last edited: