• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shtf barrel

Yeah my card was hacked during that time frame after a RA barrel purchase, it has been resolved through my bank and RA even sent out a letter detailing what happened.

A thing happened, they were open about it. All is well and I’ll happily buy from them again.

Reactions: FuhQ and JS8588
I have bought a lot from Raineer over the year's and have been very satisfied. I bought a 18 inch ultra match during the time frame of the data breech and just recently received the same letter. Water under the bridge for me. My ultra match is not producing the groups that I expected, averaging 1 to 1 1/4 inch groups with the handloads it likes best. 5 shot groups. I've worked hard to get it to shoot. but so far no luck. It will be pulled in the next few months when I receive my CLE Bartline barrel.

I have bought a lot from Raineer over the year's and have been very satisfied. I bought a 18 inch ultra match during the time frame of the data breech and just recently received the same letter. Water under the bridge for me. My ultra match is not producing the groups that I expected, averaging 1 to 1 1/4 inch groups with the handloads it likes best. 5 shot groups. I've worked hard to get it to shoot. but so far no luck. It will be pulled in the next few months when I receive my CLE Bartline barrel.
Why didn't you contact Rainier for another one? Their customer service is excellent, and their barrels have accuracy guarantees.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
By the time it was built and tested, it was out of the 90 day window by about a month and 1/2.
There is no timeframe... And it's guaranteed to shoot 1 MOA 5-shot groups of better, or they will replace it.

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 9.52.12 PM.png

RAINIER ARMS ULTRAMATCH MOD2 .223 WYLDE BARREL - 18" NITRIDE​

Barrel​

5.0 star rating4 Reviews

IN STOCK
Ships from Distribution Facility

Satisfaction Guarantee
We are so confident in our barrels that we offer a 100% money back guarantee within 90 days of purchase. If our barrels don’t meet or exceed your expectations, for any reason, return it for a full refund.

I'll give them a call but do not expect anything as I am well past their return window.
But if they do, I would be satisfied with an exchange for the same barrel to see if I got an under preforming barrel.

I have a Krieger SDMR profile on another rifle that is consistently a 1/2 to 3/4 moa barrel. It is not picky as it will do this with different weight bullets as well as different powders.

So I'm building out a SHTF/ home D/ plinking AR15.
My new upper build is pretty much all set, except for a barrel. I was looking at criterion core barrels, but they are almost a 6 month wait. So I started looking at larue stealth or predator.

I have an aero upper with a BA government profile barrel, and I hate it. However the overall weight seems good. larue stealth is a little heavier but the weight is dispersed better in my opinion. Would the profile make manuraverability better than a gov profile?

Any suggestions on another brand of reasonably priced barrels? If I'm shooting prone or trying for groups I'd still like it to be MOA or better if possible. Looking for a 14.5 or 16 inch. Thanks
there is a fn 14.5 socom in the marketplace:)

Went through this “if I can only grab one rifle” process last year and built up my own as close to bullet proof/reliable as I could, regardless of cost. For the barrel, I went with the HM Defense in 12.5” with integrated gas block; one less thing to come loose or break:

45FC5B65-576D-4568-9443-5B8F691563D7-4K.jpg

They don’t sell just barrels on their site, only complete rifles and uppers, but if you contact them, they’ll put you in touch with a local vendor that sells just the barrels. Seems like an odd business model, but it worked for me.

Also, I’ve never had one fail (well, except for gas rings), but also running a couple of their bolts that don’t have the cam pin hole drilled all the way through (uses a proprietary pin of course): http://www.hmdefense.com/html/hmb_bolt.html

No issues so far, but in fairness, less than 1K rounds total with these bolts in the two guns I have them in: http://www.hmdefense.com/html/hmb_bolt_store.html

Reactions: Dildobaggins
I have never understood why people do this to themselves. This is already bad enough with women and marriage. Why would someone take something they enjoy and make it resemble marriage? This is the beauty of guns. You can own more than one.
LOL…. Oh, I have plenty of options.

just finished this build yesterday…lightweight(ish) KISS build in 5.56. Wanted to try out silver solder vs. my typical pin/weld for the uppers I have on non-SBR’d dedicated lowers; did a Faxon slim brake (same diameter as the barrel) so I could slide the gas block over the Black Hole Weaponry pencil barrel.

E9CF3676-5E20-416A-860F-E26A12D95207.jpeg

KISS for shtf i.e. A2 style (has everything you want with minimal failure points imho)
I went with a criterion core 16 inch barrel, and a SOLGW BCG. The BCG quality compared to my aero and toolcraft just seem better. Sending it off after Christmas to ADCO to get the gas block pinned.

Have a Magpul MOE rifle stock on it right now!

I went with a criterion core 16 inch barrel, and a SOLGW BCG. The BCG quality compared to my aero and toolcraft just seem better. Sending it off after Christmas to ADCO to get the gas block pinned.

Have a Magpul MOE rifle stock on it right now!
nice choices! check out the centurion arms bcg as they use s7 tool steel for their extractors.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
nice choices! check out the centurion arms bcg as they use s7 tool steel for their extractors.
Definitely looking into other bcgs and handguards. Got the SOLGW BCG for $127.00 on a 4th of July sale. Couldn't pass it up