• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SHTF plans?

Re: SHTF plans?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VA Gentleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is "Attempt to single handedly repopulate the human race with beautiful women" a valid plan? </div></div>

The Dr. Strangelove plan.... that would be nice....1:7 ratio; of course the bounds of accepted monogamy would have to be put aside for the good of the race....

That would be my wife's SHTF scenario, and she would end it with a knife... so I am out. </div></div>

we must not allow a mineshaft gap!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VA Gentleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is "Attempt to single handedly repopulate the human race with beautiful women" a valid plan? </div></div>

The Dr. Strangelove plan.... that would be nice....1:7 ratio; of course the bounds of accepted monogamy would have to be put aside for the good of the race....

That would be my wife's SHTF scenario, and she would end it with a knife... so I am out. </div></div>

we must not allow a mineshaft gap! </div></div>

That is the best movie! "Gentleman, there is no fighting in the War Room!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MynameisJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Basically become a mountain man. </div></div>

oh geez, what makes you think guns and ammo and your forest will help you in any way when and if SHTF??? Living in the woods and being self-sufficient is a HARD fucking life - you would wish you were dead! Your Glock will solve the last issue...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MynameisJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

oh geez, what makes you think guns and ammo and your forest will help you in any way when and if SHTF??? Living in the woods and being self-sufficient is a HARD fucking life - you would wish you were dead! Your Glock will solve the last issue...</div></div>

well, in the OP's case you're probably right, but some people can live self sufficiently off the grid fairly well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MynameisJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

oh geez, what makes you think guns and ammo and your forest will help you in any way when and if SHTF??? Living in the woods and being self-sufficient is a HARD fucking life - you would wish you were dead! Your Glock will solve the last issue... </div></div>

Working on a motivational speech campaign?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: over_watch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelman303</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll just hijack this.

Octopus-Yacht-Paul-Allen-Ushuaia-Argentina.jpg

26470.jpg
</div></div>

Hey !! AHOY.... I said AHOY Muthafuka!!
I'll be the cook. !! </div></div>

Duh! Steven Segal will be the cook! </div></div>

Well that's a given, but he's never gonna actually cook anything, he's just gonna beat people up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carnivore</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Soylent Green! </div></div>Haven't you heard?? Soylent Greeen is PEOPLE!!!

That said, I've tasted nothing that beats a '61 Lafite Rothschild.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Uh, correction..... <span style="text-decoration: underline">WAS</span> PEOPLE!

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Well we will never know for sure since Harry Harrison is now dead. Harrison was the writer whose book inspired "Soylent Green" and he passed yesterday at age 87.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to sprint around the streets nekkid, because i always wanted to, and who's gonna stop me? after I've done that I'm gonna go all hamburger hill charlie mode and crawl through the wire all quiet like into some fucking retards lair out in the woods. As he is sleeping I will eat his food and teabag his mouf, then exfil all ninjee style, I will repeat this process nightly until fuckwad is out of food or starts sleeping with his mouth open, cause let's face it, thats just dangerous. I will leave little love notes saying things like "you need more food, and less gun powder" or "how's my shwetty balls taste?". I will leave pictures of me with the clan of big tittied whores in our luxury condo in Terravivos. the rest of my days shall be spent tormenting the wierdo of the woods </div></div>

So, what you're essentially saying is that you have no plans whatsoever to change your current routine? </div></div>

Too true

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VA Gentleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I plan to stay right where I am. I plan to sit back and wait for all the uninvited fools with a "bugout to the mountains" plan, to get to my AO and steal their shit at gunpoint. I figure to make a good living on the flatlanders. That's why I suggest to all those planning to bugout to the mountains to pack plenty of beef jerky, sardines, cheetos and twinkies.
I have spring water, wood heat and possum grease, which means soap makins'...they will come right up to my front door looking for a hot bath...poor fools.

"Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."
Talahassee

PS: Bring beer </div></div>

I'll drop some beer by as I head up to the Shenandoah... You are right there in the area discussed in "One Second After"... so you have a blueprint already of what could happen. I got to get the family 250 miles North to the farms and forest, with 300lbs of freeze-dried food, and armory and everything else... Glad I put the chicken-wire in the garage to soak up the EMP.... (Ha ha..)
</div></div>

You are different brother. You are invited to stay or just stop by for resupply.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VA Gentleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I plan to stay right where I am. I plan to sit back and wait for all the uninvited fools with a "bugout to the mountains" plan, to get to my AO and steal their shit at gunpoint. I figure to make a good living on the flatlanders. That's why I suggest to all those planning to bugout to the mountains to pack plenty of beef jerky, sardines, cheetos and twinkies.
I have spring water, wood heat and possum grease, which means soap makins'...they will come right up to my front door looking for a hot bath...poor fools.

"Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."
Talahassee

PS: Bring beer </div></div>

I'll drop some beer by as I head up to the Shenandoah... You are right there in the area discussed in "One Second After"... so you have a blueprint already of what could happen. I got to get the family 250 miles North to the farms and forest, with 300lbs of freeze-dried food, and armory and everything else... Glad I put the chicken-wire in the garage to soak up the EMP.... (Ha ha..)
</div></div>

You are different brother. You are invited to stay or just stop by for resupply.</div></div>

Roger that, bro... I'll make sure I bring a few rolls of snuff too.

Oh GOD here we go...
The reality is whatever horrific scenario that may rip your loved ones away from you violently and cause the complete breakdown of civilization to the point where you have to go live in the woods, mts, swamps, deserts whatever, will be so fucked up you likely will not have the time or mental capacity to make logical decisions.
Your neighbors will kill you for food, guvmint if still operative will have declared martial law, possible food contamination, disease, god know what else.
SHTF plans? only worth while until the Shit Hits The Fan..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh GOD here we go...
The reality is whatever horrific scenario that may rip your loved ones away from you violently and cause the complete breakdown of civilization to the point where you have to go live in the woods, mts, swamps, deserts whatever, will be so fucked up you likely will not have the time or mental capacity to make logical decisions.
Your neighbors will kill you for food, guvmint if still operative will have declared martial law, possible food contamination, disease, god know what else.
SHTF plans? only worth while until the Shit Hits The Fan.. </div></div>

Unless it is something like an EMP, then it will be a slow death for many.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338BMB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh GOD here we go...
SHTF plans? only worth while until the Shit Hits The Fan.. </div></div>

Unless it is something like an EMP, then it will be a slow death for many.</div></div>

if I were gonna really worry about a "SHTF" scenario... it would be another "Great Depression"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh GOD here we go...
SHTF plans? only worth while until the Shit Hits The Fan..</div></div>

that is why i live out in the boonies haha no neighbors for almost 20 miles!

I don't worry abot such things. My Wife and I survive at the end of a long and convoluted pharmaceutical pipeline. We are rarely more than 30 days away from the reality of essential meds being gone for however long, and however long is too long.

I don't plan for my demise; I live each day as if it were the day <span style="font-style: italic">before</span> the Apocalypse. Life is good.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't worry abot such things. My Wife and I survive at the end of a long and convoluted pharmaceutical pipeline. We are rarely more than 30 days away from the reality of essential meds being gone for however long, and however long is too long.

I don't plan for my demise; I live each day as if it were the day <span style="font-style: italic">before</span> the Apocalypse. Life is good.

Greg </div></div>

Quite often you can go to ninety day supplies at a discount if you do mail order, and efficacy of medications quite often lasts longer than the date (although I am by no means a RPh) indicated. Being a diabetic, though, I figure I'd have ninety days, tops. At the risk of sounding like a Chinese imprecation, they would definitely be interesting times.

My meds come from the VA by mail. Free, but with some restrictions. Orders will only be refilled on a 30 day supply basis. VA customarily extends expiration date by twice posted lifespan. My Wife and I are both Type-2 diabetic. My own condition responds to diet, my Wife uses a non-insulin injectable, Victoza. She undergoes cataract surgery tomorrow, the other eye in September. Not VA, Medicare and Blue Cross.

Greg

Two observations: The shelf life of Twinkies is solely dependent of the half life of the shelf.

Greg: I don't know about the pharmacy policies in your VA region, but most will issue 90 days worth of meds if the provider specifies that on his scrip. Tell him you need a 90 day supply, and you should get it. (" Hey doc, these 30 day refills are really a hassle. Can you please specify, 'Dispense 90 day supply'?")
I travel quite a bit, so I can't be looking for my another refill. They even over-night ship insulin in a foam box, with freezer bags. 90 day supply every time, for the last 15 years. I have been in 3 different VA regions and they all did it with not a blip (Texas, Oregon, and Birmingham AL).
Good luck, I know you have had your trials with the VA.

Pretty much, some shelves don't stand a chance against Twinkies.

Tried that 90 day bit; some will, some won't, especially Behavioral Med.

Some of my meds, they don't like me to have a large supply of; too tempting in times of extreme stress, which is no stranger. But mostly, they just don't really know me very well; BTDT, I'm in it for the long haul.

I consider it a work in progress...; sorta like Reaper Racing. My sense of humor may be a little 'off' (Bein' mine, it <span style="font-style: italic">should</span> be...), but at least I <span style="font-style: italic">have</span> one...

Greg

It could be a relief to some...

No plan ,simply improvise along the way.....

And might git a boarding pass to that cruise ship ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338BMB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Unless it is something like an EMP, then it will be a slow death for many. </div></div>

Why would an EMP be a quick death??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty much, some shelves don't stand a chance against Twinkies.

Tried that 90 day bit; some will, some won't, especially Behavioral Med.

Some of my meds, they don't like me to have a large supply of; too tempting in times of extreme stress, which is no stranger. But mostly, they just don't really know me very well; BTDT, I'm in it for the long haul.

I consider it a work in progress...; sorta like Reaper Racing. My sense of humor may be a little 'off' (Bein' mine, it <span style="font-style: italic">should</span> be...), but at least I <span style="font-style: italic">have</span> one...

Greg </div></div>

SHTF aside, I should think it wise to have more than a 30 day supply of certain medications. Can you not go to your doc, or a diffferent one if necessary, and get another prescription to have 'just in case'? It might lay on the borderline of legal but if my life were on the line Id not worry too much about the legaities. Our legal system, especially concerning related to any 'drug' has become nothing but a joke owned by the pharmasutical companies.

For your and others info there are alternatives to the high proices charged in the States. Giant Food was giving away certain meds, like antibiotics. There is a canadian place called Northwest Pharmacy that was supplying me some stuff that went for $10 a pill or so here, and under $2 each from them. www.northwestpharmacy.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: over_watch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelman303</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll just hijack this.

Octopus-Yacht-Paul-Allen-Ushuaia-Argentina.jpg

26470.jpg
</div></div>

Hey !! AHOY.... I said AHOY Muthafuka!!
I'll be the cook. !! </div></div>

That's cool with me.. I'll be the kitchen Bitch then.

Duh! Steven Segal will be the cook! </div></div>

on a more serious note: i do have a stash of MRE's, Propane, & 50 lb bag of rice, & canned goods/jar goods (my garden) that would get me through a couple of months. Plenty of ammo & reloading supplies. Portable field hospital bag (cheaperthandirt.com).
don't get me wrong, I'm not a prepper, but some of it does get used from time to time during hunting season.

The SHTF years ago.

Nobody noticed........

I wonder what Lon Horiuchi is up to?

Just sayin

Some sources say Lon is in Honolulu, others say he is in San Jose. I guess he decided not to retire in Idaho.

O/T, my Wife, Celia's cataract surgery went smoothly yesterday.

When she came down this morning, I greeted her with her coffee, and she was crying. She was so happy that she could see again. Her vision had previously been assessed at 20/2000.

First day, still some cloudiness, but no apparent issues.

Very heartening.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">O/T, my Wife, Celia's cataract surgery went smoothly yesterday.

When she came down this morning, I greeted her with her coffee, and she was crying. She was so happy that she could see again. Her vision had previously been assessed at 20/2000.

First day, still some cloudiness, but no apparent issues.

Very heartening.

Greg

</div></div>Greg, thats great to hear. I hadem both done in April and now have almost 20/15. Boy, I was emotional for about a week. They will be tender for a couple of weeks but thats about it. Tell her to be SURE to use the anti biotics and steroids they gave her, religiously. Happy for you both.

Maggot

My plan is find some dumbass doomsday prepper living in a nice cabin in the woods, shoot him when he steps out, and take all of his stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My plan is find some dumbass doomsday prepper living in a nice cabin in the woods, shoot him when he steps out, and take all of his stuff. </div></div>

sZSnC.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be the one in a tent.
laugh.gif

I plan on opening a drifter bar/strip club along some major highway between a city and the mountains. My girls will take donations of food or ammo in their G-stings. So I figure I won't have to worry about eating, reloading, or getting laid (its good to be the king).

I figure my little outfit is pretty set, the only thing I will have to worry about is the zombies. My girls will be safe, I will only hire blonds. But myself, being the big cheese that thought up a drifter bar/strip club with lap dances for ammo... I figure I gotta be pretty bright, so the zombies will want my brains.

Solution- Chain up some nerds outside of the place. The zombies will see their bigger brains and eat themselves full and become too fat to run very fast. So I will be safe so long as my supply of nerds holds out... or I screw myself to death.

Heard a lot of EMP concern lately.... I just hope that I am with my family so that I can help them out.

S'Pizza;

Check out <span style="font-style: italic">The Book of Eli</span>, lots of good pointers there...

im gonna go squat in the biggest house I can find with the nicest shit inside! and if I'm lucky the guy will have a harem of women.

Close eyes, hold breath, turn off fan... hire cleaning service; enjoy motel 6 amenities until all is cleaned up.