• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Alright guys here is cof for FSC 2012 distances are all approximate and will be ranged prior to firing but it will give you good idea what to be prepared for.

Day 1

Stage 1 (Location 1) “If I do my part”

This stage is sponsored by benchmark barrels and the highest score on this stage will win a new barrel blank. In the event of a tie closest shooter to the center of the cold bore will win.

Shooters will start from prone with the bolt to the rear on RO call shooter will load the round and have 15seconds to fire there 1 shot. RO will call cease fire there will then be a 30second prep time for the next 5rds. At the end of the prep time the ro will give shooters the go ahead to fire there 5 rounds 1 @ each circle. Shooters will receive 1 pts for outside ring, 2pts middle ring, 3pts for the center dot. The cold bore shot will be worth 5pts.

30sec prep, 15sec fire cb, 30 sec prep, 45sec 5 rounds (6rounds total)

Stage 2 (location 2) Doghouse

Shooters will start with rifle on top of doghouse magazine inserted bolt back. When instructed by the RO the shooter will enter the doghouse, shooter will engage bank of targets at 400yds. From each position in the doghouse shooter will fire 3 rounds from left to right on the 45%ipsc targets. Once a shooter fires one shot from a position he must fire all 3 rounds before moving to the next location. Order in which shooter chooses positions is completely up to them. You may only use a position once and there will be total of 15 rds (3rds@ 5 positions). All hits 2pts each

Time is 3min, 15rounds total

Stage 3 (location 3) Shoot from Cover

Shooters will start with rifle on ground mag in bolt back, on ro command shooter will engage the bank of 3-12” squares at 600yds. From each of the designated locations on the barricade shooter will fire 3 rounds, 1 at each of the targets firing from left to right. Shooter may use any part of his kit to accomplish this. Shooter chooses order in which positions they fire but once a round is fired from a position shooter must fire all 3 rds from that position and no position can be used twice. All hits 2pts each

Time is 3min, 12 rounds total

Stage 4 (location 4) Chaos

Shooter will start standing with rifle in hands magazine in bolt back on ro command shooter will fire 2rds @66%ipsc @ 200yds. Shooter will then go prone and engage 675 66% ipsc designated by ro with 4rds. Shooter will then engage the 200yd target again with 2 more rounds after shooter will open his bolt and dump his magazine. Shooter will then cross gully on foot to shooting location #2 from that position shooter will engage same target at 650yds with 4 more rounds. 200yd hits will be 1pt & 600yd+ will be 3pts.

Time is 3min, 12 rounds total

Stage 5 (location 5) Reach Out and touch’em”

Shooter will start prone mag in bolt back on RO command shooter will engage the 1000yd coyote silhouette. After the coyote target shooter will engage the 100%ipsc target @ 1250yds with 5 rounds. 1st 2rds at each target are worth 3pts and remaining 3 are 2pts each.

Time is 3min, 10rds total

Stage 6 (location 1) Vehicle cover

Shooter will start from standing magazine in bolt back, on ro command shooter will crawl under vehicle shoot 3rds at the 33% ipsc prone strong side. Shooter will then crawl out and go behind vehicle and enter under vehicle from otherside, then engage the target with 3 rounds weak side prone. Shooter will then clear weapon and drop magazine. Shooter will then get inside the bed of the truck from there shooter will engage the 45% ipsc at same location (300yds) with 3 rds strong sided followed by 3 rds weakside. All hits will be worth 2pts each

Time 3min, 12rds total

Day 2

Stage 7 (location 1) Retreat

Shooter will start prone with bolt back magazine in, on ro command shooter will engage target @ 300yds with 3rds. Shooter will then advance 25yds and fire 3 rds at same target from sitting. When finished with sitting shooter will advance another 25yds and shoot 3rds kneeling. After kneeling shooter will advance 25yds and shoot 3 rds standing at same target. When done engaging targets shooter will then clear rifle and run back to original firing position. Total time will be 3min and you must be back to original firing position before time is called. Shooter will lose 1pt for every 10seconds over 3min they take. Shooter is allowed to quit shooting and return to original firing position at any time as long as there weapon is clear when returning. Prone hits will be 1pt each and all other positions will be 2pts each.

Total time 3min, max rds fired 12

Stage 8 (location 2) barricade

Shooter will start prone from underneath the barricade; shooter will fire one round at each 45%ipsc target at 400yds working from left to right. Shooter will then exit the barricade and fire 3 rds from the left position, followed by 3rds from the right position. Shooter will finish by firing 3rds off the top of the barricade. All hits will be worth 2pts each.

Total time 3min, 12rds total

Stage 9 (location 3) Know your limits

Shooter will first engage the KYL rack at 300yds. Shooter will then engage the bank of targets at 600yds (12”,6”,12” squares. Shooter will fire one round at left 12”, followed by one round at right 12” square which are worth 2pts each. 3rd shot will be at center 6” square and worth 4pts however if shooter accidently hits either of the 12” plates on his 3rd shot he will lose 4pts.

Total time 3min, up to 11rds possible depending on kyl shots fired

Stage 10 (location 4) Take the hill

Shooter will start roughly 30yds behind firing position on command he will advance to designated location. There will be 3 66%ipsc targets located at roughly 200, 500, 700. Shooter must hit the 200yd target 3 times at which point he will be allowed to fire at the 500yd target which he must hit 3 times before moving to the last target at 700yds. Pts values will be 200-1pt, 500-2pt, 700-3pt per hit. Shooter will be limited to 20rds total fired if needed.

Total time 3min, up to 20rds fired (10 hits possible)

Stage 11 (location 5) Reach Out and Touchem

Cof will be same as days 1 so make sure you take notes on day 1 shots.

3min total, 10rds total

Whooot!
grin.gif

<span style="font-size: 11pt"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">While I'm currently dealing with no clouds and 75 degree temps and single digit humidity in Phoenix AZ (somebody's gotta do it, and it's my first vacation in YEARS
grin.gif
)

The COF looks FREEKING AWESOME. Scott your efforts are greatly appreciated by this humble group of leadslingers!
wink.gif
I say we ought to all chip in and buy you and the misses dinner.</span> </span> </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rover31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I must say I have shot a few matches but this was the first RO stint I have done. I had a blast! I would do it again in a second if asked. The shooters were great, the stages we ran were fun (and super hard on Sat!). If you guys are worried about having to RO and not getting to shoot, try it, it was cool. Thanks to all who participated and helped especially the sponsors and thanks to Jim. Mike had a good two days RO'ing with you Thanks!
T </div></div>

Ditto that one T... and thanks for stopping by my hospital room the next day to see how I was doing!

For all that don't know I got a call sunday of the Findlay Cup around 4:30 saying they had a cancellation the next day and I could take it if I wanted. Well the next day I got my right rotator cuff operated on and its coming along alright. Feels like I'm recovering better than I expected, but that may just be the meds...
wink.gif

Also, I'm putting together some 'slides' for my website and was curious if I could steal some from the Findlay Cup. I'll contact those that took pics to get permission. But if anybody has any they would like to submit send me an email at [email protected]

Mike

Mike,

I like your attitude so if you feel up to it i would love for you to come out and help heckle the shooters at my match on 21&22

Scott, will that be the exact target for stage number one? Looks like it will be a cool stage. thanks

Jake

Scott those are I assume rough distances and not exact?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, I'm putting together some 'slides' for my website and was curious if I could steal some from the Findlay Cup. I'll contact those that took pics to get permission. But if anybody has any they would like to submit send me an email at [email protected]

Mike </div></div>

What kind of photo's are you looking for Mike?

I know I'm setting myself up for a fall, but I was just so happy with this little group that I had post it: a <span style="font-weight: bold">0.161-MOA five shot group!</span>... not bad, if I do say so myself. YES, it was shot from a bench from 100-yards with all possible rests, sandbags, and such as I could muster,... but it was a blustery day
smile.gif
... though, I doubt it will mean much when squatting down on a dog-house, or some jacked-up weak-side only stage,... but I had to share
laugh.gif

260REM_43grH4350_139Lapua.jpg

260REM_43grH4350_139Lapua_MEASURED.jpg

Thanks!

Ry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott, will that be the exact target for stage number one? Looks like it will be a cool stage. thanks

Jake</div></div>
yes as of right now that is the exact target unless something comes up and it doesn't work<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott those are I assume rough distances and not exact?</div></div>

exact distances will be day of match knowledge only. those distances are just so you know roughly what to expect.

doesn't look like ryan will have any issues with 100yd paper his benchmark barrel is obviously shooting minute of a gnats ass!!! Looks like he will be gunning for a new blank to have as a backup.

I am actually giving out the information early to see if it helps out peoples scores having more specific stages to prepare for. Believe it or not the 100yd paper stage is normally quite sad score wise so my hope is that this will drastically improve scores there.

Nice shooting Ryan ! Looks like Ontarget made a kaleidoscope for your efforts too.

Looking forward to match Scott, sounds like its going to be fun as hell !

Damn Blurry..... How hard was the heart thumpin' on that 5th one?!?!

Niiiice.
grin.gif

Exactly Chad I was thinking the same thing, but we must remember that Ryan dabbled in that black magic art called benchrest shooting, so I think he might have been used to some heart flutters a time or two. But in all seriousness, Ryan thats one fantastic group to shoot with a 260. Hope that target is posted in your reloading room for motivation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

I like your attitude so if you feel up to it i would love for you to come out and help heckle the shooters at my match on 21&22 </div></div>

Thank Scott! I wish I could commit to it right now but won't know until the week prior. I might be heading out of town that weekend (though I wish I weren't)...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What kind of photo's are you looking for Mike?</div></div>

Anything from cool action shots during a shoot to creative reloading pictures... Definitely going to throw one or two of the helo on there. Pictures will be in a continual slide show that plays on the home page as a partial background. I want to give off the kind of vibe that says "for shooters by shooters" if that makes sense?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm509</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

I sent you an email, I will follow with a pm.

Matt</div></div>

Replied, Thanks Matt.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

I like your attitude so if you feel up to it i would love for you to come out and help heckle the shooters at my match on 21&22 </div></div>

Thank Scott! I wish I could commit to it right now but won't know until the week prior. I might be heading out of town that weekend (though I wish I weren't)...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What kind of photo's are you looking for Mike?</div></div>

Anything from cool action shots during a shoot to creative reloading pictures... Definitely going to throw one or two of the helo on there. Pictures will be in a continual slide show that plays on the home page as a partial background. I want to give off the kind of vibe that says "for shooters by shooters" if that makes sense?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm509</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

I sent you an email, I will follow with a pm.

Matt</div></div>

Replied, Thanks Matt.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly Chad I was thinking the same thing, but we must remember that Ryan dabbled in that black magic art called benchrest shooting, so I think he might have been used to some heart flutters a time or two. But in all seriousness, Ryan thats one fantastic group to shoot with a 260. Hope that target is posted in your reloading room for motivation.</div></div>

Hah! Yeah, ever since I'd made that offering on the alter of the "GODs-o-BENCHREST" which involved several complicated chants during the full moon, my nude body slathered with cryptic runes written in the blood of small animals, my groups have been getting a lot smaller,... I just wish the neighbors dog would stop following me everywhere,...
smile.gif

Yeah, Chad,... there was definitely a little tension on that last shot. The wind was pretty switchy and the mirage off the barrel was starting to mess with my head as well,...

I posted that target on my fridge
smile.gif

Ry

that group size sure builds lots of confidence in your rifle, now if you don't get that anymore it is your own fault, no excuses.
congrats though.

...... or the mount, or the erector, or the parallax, or the neck tension, or the primer batch, or the powder batch, or you cleaned when ya' shouldn't-a, or you should-a cleaned when ya' didn't......... or.........
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...... or the mount, or the erector, or the parallax, or the neck tension, or the primer batch, or the powder batch, or you cleaned when ya' shouldn't-a, or you shouldn't-a cleaned when ya' did......... or.........
grin.gif
</div></div>

Damn Tribe I didn't realize you we're that little voice in my head !

Thanks! Yeah, I knew I was setting myself up for a fall. If only I could trudge that concrete bench, not to mention the sand bags, along with me all day I'd be set!!!

Ry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should carry it in your wallet.... like Jim.

Chicks dig it.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

You can carry Jim in your wallet...? Who knew?

Nice group, I'd say you have yourself a shooter.

K9-

Hey all, I'm thinking of buying a few kegs of pull down 844 From Wideners.
Looking to get 6 total for free hazmat. still will have shipping though.
I'm in for 2-8#ers. Need to get 4 more for the hazmat deal.
Let me know.
Thanks
Jim
Linky to the Wideners powder deal: http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=6672&dir=278|283|999

Does anyone know if Wideners offers free Hazmat on bulk orders for other powders, like powder valley does?

Their prices look good, if a group buy could get us over the Hazmat hump..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if Wideners offers free Hazmat on bulk orders for other powders, like powder valley does?

Their prices look good, if a group buy could get us over the Hazmat hump.. </div></div>
If you buy

If oyu can use the following powders, yes.
Buy in quantites of 6 and we pay the HazMat Fee!! OK to mix and match with WC872, WC867, and 846 powders to get FREE hazmat.

Yeah Jim... I checked out the link... those powders aren't my bag (although, sounds like maybe I ought to make them my "bag", in consideration of that run-n-gun match you're scheming again
wink.gif
..... hint.... everybody should probably start loading now!
laugh.gif
).

I just like their prices.... shot them an email to see if they do bulk deals on their other powders...

Actually that looks like a real sweet deal for 223.... have you shot that stuff?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually that looks like a real sweet deal for 223.... have you shot that stuff? </div></div>

I've shot a bunch of pull down powder in everything to include; 44 Mag, 5.56, 7.62X51, 30-06, 338 Lapua, 50BMG. I'm sure I've forgotten some as well.
Love the stuff.

So I took my new Savage 111 LRH, in 338LM, out to the range yesterday and I couldn't get it to group at all. The day before it was shooting .6-.7 moa and yesterday it was between 3-6 moa. Got it home and went to re-torque everything and found that the rear action screw was sheered off at the action.
mad.gif

Ever hear of this happening? After thinking about it, I wonder if this is a design flaw that will continue to happen due to recoil. Is this a possibility?

Of course this happens on a Friday after Savage is closed for the weekend.

Oh well...such is life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister John Galt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I took my new Savage 111 LRH, in 338LM, out to the range yesterday and I couldn't get it to group at all. The day before it was shooting .6-.7 moa and yesterday it was between 3-6 moa. Got it home and went to re-torque everything and found that the rear action screw was sheered off at the action.
mad.gif

Ever hear of this happening? After thinking about it, I wonder if this is a design flaw that will continue to happen due to recoil. Is this a possibility?

Of course this happens on a Friday after Savage is closed for the weekend.

Oh well...such is life. </div></div>

Man bummer ! Never heard of it just happening, We're you using a in/lb torque wrench when you tightened it the first time ?