• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys any of you have a Hensoldt ZF 4-16x56 FFP that you could give me an opinion on it. </div></div>

I don't own one but i have used a few, my recommendation is if you have the money for the hensoldt you have the money for an s&b which i thought had better turrets, better reticles. Nothing wrong with the henny but there customer support is pretty limited in the states and unless you can find an nh1 they only offer the basic mildot. If that doesn't bother you go for it they have s&b quality glass and a better eyebox.

Here is a couple pics. Turned out nice. Took me about two and a half years to afford everything from start to finish but I finally made it!!!!

Lefty Defiance action running AW mags in 6.5x47
Shooting the 130 JLK's
Bartlien 1-8.5 twist medium Palma
AICS Stock
Multicam viper skins
Atlas bipod with HSSS spikes
USO 5-25 tpal in OD
Jewell trigger
Seekins 34 mm rings

BB7304F0-9E10-405D-8413-934E3E36423B-6394-000006765DC03CD6.jpg

3C4843C5-602B-433E-8B48-56286C43E31C-6394-0000067672D7798E.jpg

4B7FC8A3-57E9-4180-B6E1-AE71C6F17DEC-6394-000006766B406CA3.jpg

27672B61-C854-488E-BB8B-F398E8D523D6-6394-00000676645A735F.jpg

30FAD838-CBDD-4EC0-8763-82E6FB1115F6-6394-000006765606CA07.jpg

Really Jake, are you trying to make us jealous, multicam skins and an od colored USO scope. I will have to go out now and buy a few cans of krylon to keep up my rifle appearance, thankfully I will have a little time before December to spray and pray that it turns out as nice.
PS looks great and its nice that she shoots better than she looks.

Very nice Jake, I've seen how well you shoot with a right hand rifle, this thing should be worth a few points, LOL.
I'm bummed that I can't make the December match, but I already have commitments.
I will get some gear together for the prize table though.
SScott

Scott any thoughts on doing a molle vest or belt of some kind. Since you shoot yourself, some ideas that work should come easily, like the website by the way.

A reminder for those that expressed interest earlier... Saturday, November 3rd Fullbore Prone/F-Class match @ NCWGC in East Wenatchee. 2 convertible sighters + 15 record shots @ each distance - 300, 500 & 600yds, fired pair-fire (alternating shooters).

If enough people show up with gear that meets at least the intent of the 'Field Precision Rifle' category we discussed this summer, I'll break 'em out as a separate class for awards. Normally there would be a minimum of five shooters in a given category to break it out, but given that our matches are kinda small to begin with, I think we'll go with three as a minimum.

If we have enough folks with the appropriate gear to warrant splitting out the .308 shooters. I think JLR had an award all ready for just that occasion... ;p

Been putting this together to fill in until my build arrives, but looks like my build should be here soon, so I won't be needing this.
Thought I'd put it up here first and hope for a FTF transaction.

Up for sale is a RW Snyder built 260 Rem.

Specs are..
Remington 700 action
24" Rock 8tw barrel, M24 contour
Badger knob
Badger base
Factory trigger
Fluted bolt
Fresh duracoat matte black
Holland lug
McRee's Precision folding stock, cerakoted FDE with stock pack
Round count is between 5-600rds from previous owner

$2250.00 shipped
Postal money order only
Only trades considered would be S&B 5-25 or Surgeon 591 with appropriate cash on either end.
First I'll take it post gets it. Email for fastest response.

29kteeo.jpg

34qojgl.jpg

30cu8n7.jpg

2hg7j9d.jpg

2e66k28.jpg

29m96rs.jpg

nejdk0.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott any thoughts on doing a molle vest or belt of some kind. Since you shoot yourself, some ideas that work should come easily, like the website by the way. </div></div>
Thanks Marty,
Yea, I have made a belt, I just haven't put it up on the website yet. Its padded with 1/4" closed cell foam and has a thick belt inside.
I have to say, I started making gear to generate money for shooting, and now that I'm busy sewing I have less time for shooting. LOL Its all good.
Scott
006640x480.jpg

002640x480.jpg

Dates for The 13th running of the Pacific Northwest's Premier Tactical/ Practical are set.
3-30-31-2013. This 2 day and 1 night event will be available for 60 shooters and we have a new streamlined on line sign up page that will be packed with information concerning the match, accommodations, sponsors and course of fire.
This will be activated as we get closer to the targeted sign up date of 1-01-2013.
This will be an individual competitor event.
PM or e-mail me with any questions.
[email protected]
See you there!
Jim Findlay
Match director.
photobucket-6815-1351480483574.jpg

Jim has a horrible mental illness that makes him buy .50 BMG rifles & reloading stuff - Sell rifle & reloading stuff - wait a couple years - buy another .50 BMG & reloading stuff - Sell rifle ....................................

Marty, that is my Barrett 99 50BMG. This one is a limited run 25" fluted barrel. It was shortened to 24 and threaded for the McMillin brake.
It can be shot off hand with ease.
This video is my 15 year old friend Madeline shooting it.
Minimal recoil, maximum blast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dates for The 13th running of the Pacific Northwest's Premier Tactical/ Practical are set.
3-30-31-2013. This 2 day and 1 night event will be available for 60 shooters and we have a new streamlined on line sign up page that will be packed with information concerning the match, accommodations, sponsors and course of fire.
This will be activated as we get closer to the targeted sign up date of 1-01-2013.
This will be an individual competitor event.
PM or e-mail me with any questions.
[email protected]
See you there!
Jim Findlay
Match director.
photobucket-6815-1351480483574.jpg
</div></div>

You gonna allow semi-autos in this one?

So the "tactical" is simply meant to make the name cooler and the BMG in the shot with the ad is for pure show since you can't shoot it either in your match...

Jim are you intentionally making it so it's always the same crowd at your matches shooting the same rifles? I AGAIN don't see the reasoning for not allowing semi-autos when almost every PRS match allows them except of course yours...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the "tactical" is simply meant to make the name cooler and the BMG in the shot with the ad is for pure show since you can't shoot it either in your match...

Jim are you intentionally making it so it's always the same crowd at your matches shooting the same rifles? I AGAIN don't see the reasoning for not allowing semi-autos when almost every PRS match allows them except of course yours... </div></div>

then join PRS.....

Broker

I know its been a topic with Jim not allowing magnum calibers, as well as no semi-autos, it put me out of a match a few years back when all I had was a AR10, I understand. The main reason from what I gathered while talking to Jim about this a few years ago (when mags and semis were ok) is it keeps the playing field more even, when your shooting offhand with a bolt the gas gun has a huge advantage, same can be said for shooting a mag at the longer ranges against some of the short action calibers. Also, he has had shooters in the past shooting the big mags and the targets just get beat to shit.

Some mathes are limited to 308 and 223, some to weight restrictions, etc, most TAC mathes are more "open class" where anything goes, Jim just has a different mindset about how he wants his matches ran, and it is his match.

Kirk R

OK, that's a brake, wow is really all I can say. Never knew Barrett mad such a beast, impressive to say the least.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan_H</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the "tactical" is simply meant to make the name cooler and the BMG in the shot with the ad is for pure show since you can't shoot it either in your match...

Jim are you intentionally making it so it's always the same crowd at your matches shooting the same rifles? I AGAIN don't see the reasoning for not allowing semi-autos when almost every PRS match allows them except of course yours... </div></div>

then join PRS..... </div></div>

The Findley Cup was a PRS match... but Jim implemented his new rule this year and as a result he was the only PRS match that didn't allow semi's.

On a side note thanks for the smart ass comment being that it's easy to mouth off from the side lines when the issue doesn't affect you Alan.

Fact is this has become more of a Sniper's Hide Eastern Washington group and a click. You guys don't want to be friendly with outsiders unless they measure up to what you think is qualified to join your group. It's unfortunate since we're all in the same hobby and enjoy the same sport.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker

I know its been a topic with Jim not allowing magnum calibers, as well as no semi-autos, it put me out of a match a few years back when all I had was a AR10, I understand. The main reason from what I gathered while talking to Jim about this a few years ago (when mags and semis were ok) is it keeps the playing field more even, when your shooting offhand with a bolt the gas gun has a huge advantage, same can be said for shooting a mag at the longer ranges against some of the short action calibers. Also, he has had shooters in the past shooting the big mags and the targets just get beat to shit.

Some mathes are limited to 308 and 223, some to weight restrictions, etc, most TAC mathes are more "open class" where anything goes, Jim just has a different mindset about how he wants his matches ran, and it is his match.

Kirk R </div></div>

I appreciate a mature response Kirk. I agree on the advantages, but I shoot a .308 semi so I can point out plenty of disadvantages especially at greater ranges with winds. Jim is entitled to his match and to run it as he see's fit, but as a member of the shooting community I'm also entitled to voice my disagreement and the fact that he's one of the few who does so and his argument last time was not of the disadvantages but of the alleged safety issues. Some of us can't afford to own multiple rifles so we work with what we have. I'd bring the one bolt I do have, but it's a 7 Rem mag, so again I can't participate.

Nick,

I promise that there were no semi auto's at the surefire challenge in sacremento which was also a prs match.

SHWW is definitely not just an E washington thread considering it was started by tribe who lives on the wet side and most of the original get together's were in W. Washington.

I would rather run my .260 (DPMS) at Jim's match but i can fall back to my 308 bolt

Every year this subject gets brought up , and not only for Jim's match:

Oregon was 223 & 308 only
Scott's are no magnums most of the time
Big Wheels are magnum ok
Jim's short action bolts
F Class don't get me started

If you want to play - barrow a rifle ( i'm sure some of the guys here had to barrow a pistol,shotgun,carbine for Jim's 3gun shoot) i myself don't own a .223 rifle at all - Alan lent me his spare / and i know Alan barrowed a shotgun barrel.

Competition has always driven innovation in both equipment and techniques, much more so than any other areas of shooting. That being the case, if the semi auto platforms are finally to the point where their advantages outweigh their disadvantages vs. bolt guns then I think it's foolish to artificially limit them to "keep things fair." Progress happens, and in a competitive environment people are always looking for an edge. I'm just glad most match directors aren't afraid of the march of progress, for if they were we'd be missing out on some really neat gear that we have available today.

Of course, the Findlay Cup is Jim's match, and he can run it as he sees fit. It's our decision not to shoot it if we don't agree with his rules. In any case, the long range world will keep innovating and evolving in the matches that embrace progress.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick,

I promise that there were no semi auto's at the surefire challenge in sacremento which was also a prs match.

SHWW is definitely not just an E washington thread considering it was started by tribe who lives on the wet side and most of the original get together's were in W. Washington. </div></div>

Only because competitors chose not to use them. They were allowed. I know Chad started it, but it's gone far from that.

I am sorry but you are incorrect it is called TBRC for a reason. ar's are a no go down there.

T=Tactical
B=Bolt
R=Rifle
C=Challenge

You are correct it has gone far from that, it has over 5 million views and is the 3rd most visited thread on this site!!! Definitely not a click, it is very open to new guys and i have personally invited numerous people to come out and try this for the first time.

For the record i am pro semi-auto's but i totally understand why some don't allow them and embrace that decision.

Pat I've had others offer to let me borrow their rifles, and I do appreciate the offers. I just don't feel comfortable doing so as it's $2-3K in equipment that should something go wrong I can't afford to replace it. It costs people like me $700+ to go over there to the matches between gas, food, lodging, entrance fees, and ammo. It's a little more than aggravating when guys like Jim and Alan mouth off with shit and no appreciation for other competitors based upon the fact it doesn't directly affect them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sorry but you are incorrect it is called TBRC for a reason. ar's are a no go down there.

T=Tactical
B=Bolt
R=Rifle
C=Challenge

You are correct it has gone far from that, it has over 5 million views and is the 3rd most visited thread on this site!!! Definitely not a click, it is very open to new guys and i have personally invited numerous people to come out and try this for the first time. </div></div>

Then when I was told they were allowed I must have been misinformed. I'll concede as I don't have physical evidence to the contrary...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the semi auto, cause when i miss - i don't want to waste time - just miss and move on
smile.gif
</div></div>

HA

The course of fire dictates no semi autos. It has nothing to do with the perceived advantage of a semi. The pilot / owner of the helicopter doesn't like brass pinging off his $500,000.00 helicopter, nor do I.
Targets cost money and there is not an advantage shooting the crap out of my targets with a magnum.
This match, there will be 60 shooters shooting short action bolt guns and having a blast.
I won't be shooting in this match again so I, and my crew, can put on the best match possible so you all can enjoy competing.
I will also be stepping up to help Carl next year for the very same reason.
I've been putting on these matches for 12 + years with over 30 matches under my belt.
I Never make money on these events. I do this for the shooting community.
And you have?

The 50 BMG IS just for show.
Kinda like wearing a scarf to matches.
And yes you can participate. I always need range officers.
This match has had the 'tactical' label for ~12 years longer than you have been around Snipers hide... just sayin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The course of fire dictates no semi autos. It has nothing to do with the perceived advantage of a semi. The pilot / owner of the helicopter doesn't like brass pinging off his $500,000.00 helicopter, nor do I.
There will be 60 shooters shooting short action bolt guns and having a blast.
I won't be shooting in this match again so I, and my crew, can put on the best match possible so you all can enjoy competing.
I will also be stepping up to help Carl next year for the very same reason.

And yes you can participate. I always need range officers.</div></div>

Jim you told me you don't allow the competitors to use their rifles on the helo portion anyways, so what is the relevance of me using a semi-auto on the rest of the course?

As much as I appreciate the offer to RO, let's not bullshit each other since you and I both know that by now your crew has no interest in me joining them. It's your show Jim, and it's too bad with as much fun as everyone else says they are, a bunch of us never get to actually join in the competition...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I've been putting on these matches for 12 + years with over 30 matches under my belt.
I Never make money on these events. I do this for the shooting community.
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">And you have?</span></span>

And yes you can participate. I always need range officers.
This match has had the 'tactical' label for ~12 years longer than you have been around Snipers hide... just sayin.
</div></div>

Since you added this while I was typing...

Are you asking if I've helped put on matches or if I've made money off helping put on matches? I'll answer both... Yes, I have helped put on small matches and numerous get-together events. No, I've never made a fucking dime off anything I've done and I've even put some of my own money into helping make them happen. And whipping out your dick to tout your accolades within the sport doesn't make it sound like you're doing it for the community but more like you're doing it for your own ego and the recognition. You want people like me to recognize what you do then try making it accessible to actually appreciate... better yet... try not throwing your greatness in other peoples faces.

I find it weird that at the one match we've met you were friendly and helpful but you get on here and sound like you think your entitled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pat I've had others offer to let me borrow their rifles, and I do appreciate the offers. I just don't feel comfortable doing so as it's $2-3K in equipment that should something go wrong I can't afford to replace it. It costs people like me $700+ to go over there to the matches between gas, food, lodging, entrance fees, and ammo. It's a little more than aggravating when guys like Jim and Alan mouth off with shit and no appreciation for other competitors based upon the fact it doesn't directly affect them. </div></div>

Do you like sented or unsented kotex? Illl grab you some. If you agree that its jims match and he can run it how he wants quit your crying and set up your own match that is semi autos only!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan_H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you like sented or unsented kotex? Illl grab you some. If you agree that its jims match and he can run it how he wants quit your crying and set up your own match that is semi autos only! </div></div>

Alan are you really unable to spell "scented"?

Okay, so I'll try putting this a little nicer (even though I do kind of agree with Fuzzy...)

Take the hint(s)... as in step away from the keyboard, chill out for a while, and go unwind a bit - whatever it takes. You're *really* not helping your case here as it sits, and generally just making yourself look foolish. Complaining publicly like this on a thread frequented by your peers is probably not the best idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, so I'll try putting this a little nicer (even though I do kind of agree with Fuzzy...)

Take the hint(s)... as in step away from the keyboard, chill out for a while, and go unwind a bit - whatever it takes. You're *really* not helping your case here as it sits, and generally just making yourself look foolish. Complaining publicly like this on a thread frequented by your peers is probably not the best idea. </div></div>

Agreed... I'll drop it. Unfortunately there are others here who would rather run their mouth with useless "vagisil" comments rather than contributing an actual opinion to the subject.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan_H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jake you ready to give up the vagasil award? </div></div>

Its actually sitting on my trophy case!! Well its just a shelf, no trophies yet!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan_H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jake you ready to give up the vagasil award? </div></div>

Its actually sitting on my trophy case!! Well its just a shelf, no trophies yet!!!</div></div>

It will for sure be up for grabs in december so it might find a new home unless jake wants to make a run for back to back victories. It was a very close battle last time so i feel very confident someone will dethrone jake this december.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the semi auto, cause when i miss - i don't want to waste time - just miss and move on
smile.gif
</div></div>

Remember Pat, you dont call it a miss, its called "load development"
wink.gif

Broker if any body is coming off sounding entitled it would be you. Take a deep breath and step away from the computer. Just because you bought a $3000 rifle doesn't entitle you to shoot in every match out there. Relax dude.

Off topic for a reason but did anyone go hunting this year, heres a few we got Sunday after opener, we all passed Saturday morning, I guess we didn't want the fun to end, not big by any means but it was still fun.
Mine is one the left, he was out there for me, not quite a 670+ JTP shot but around 498 or thereabouts, was rather chuffed with myelf anywyas, he went about 30 yards from where he was shot, 140 Amax out of the 260. I guess I remembered to breathe and follow through on this one.
IMG_0179.jpg