• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Mike, I got some foam. It's around 4" thick IIRC and egg crate style. You're welcome to it. I can bring it to Jake's.

(no foam jokes please :)

Good news, bad news.... After a year of school, my wife's back to work!!! But, since this is her first full week, she didn't think asking for half of Friday off would be a great idea. So, I'm looking for a driving partner from Wenatchee to Jake's match. I'm staying in Waypoint, or Wayfair, whatever it is, about 45 minutes east-ish. PM me.

1911fan

Hey guys I picked up a gift cert at jakes match this year for 750 off an rbros rifle package, I was hoping to use this on my next build but I didn't notice when it expired and I will not be able to afford a new build by the time it expires. If one of you are interested in trading something for it let me know(via pm please). It is only good for, the long range hunter, light weight hunter, or comp rifle packages. It expires this August. I have already spoke with Jesse about this and he is ok with it. I figured I would give the local guys a poke at it before I post it in the for sale section.

Had a great time, Thank You Jake & all the RO's for putting on a fun challenging match :) i took 4 pictures total and will post later.

Yes indeed, challenging. More so if you throw in some equipment problems. JD has my rifle now, after watching me swear at it all day, and is exorcising the demons. Fuck me, it's bad enough when I shoot like or do or over-dope the wind like I do, but then when the rifle won't go bang it's annoying.
It was also very cold the first day, temps in the teens and wind likewise. Brrr. The second day was warmer, which is why it started to snow, and the match was called around 2PM. back to the ranch to warm up and eat. I think Jake did the only thing he really could have done with scoring. Pic below was taken just before the match was called, and it had warmed up to the mid 20's but gotten foggy. White painted targets on fresh snow in the fog kinda killed it.

Thanks again to Jake, all the ROs, and the sponsors!n

1911fab

New guy here. From the greater Seattle area and just getting into the long range shooting sport. Just picked up a used savage 111 as a my project rifle for this journey. Let me tell ya, the stock is like damn licorice, so that's my first step. But first I want to see how it performs as is. So I was looking for a place to zero my rifle but ranges are really limited (as you probably know) here, only place neAr and has at least 100yd is Renton fish and game. Anyways, where do you guys shoot? Ranges? Or just out on public land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my pics from JCSC 2014

Attachments

• IMG_20140301_151553_zpsufa58k0k.jpg
    IMG_20140301_151553_zpsufa58k0k.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20140301_151510_zpsbjtxatjb.jpg
    IMG_20140301_151510_zpsbjtxatjb.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20140301_151458_zpskyepvdao.jpg
    IMG_20140301_151458_zpskyepvdao.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 27
The SBR legislation is getting voted on TODAY. Call your senator and tell them to vote YES on Senate Bill 5956. Light up the phone lines!

CJG

Mike, can I call you 1911fab from now on?

Sure, if you want to!

Heads up: Kesselring's is going out of business. There will be a live and online auction April 15 & 16, that's Tuesday and Wednesday. Linky off Accurate Shooter: Kesselring's Gun Shop, Sedro Woolley, WA - Public Auction APRIL 15 & 16
The thread also has a preview of items to be sold. There are a bunch of cans on the list. How will that work? If I buy one, and while I'm waiting for the stamp the store closes, what then? Am I just screwed, does the ATF local office hold my can, does it get transferred to another dealer at my expense, or what?

1911fan, uh, 1911fab?

Last edited:
With the help of some great people I managed to get the gear together to compete in The Long Range Operators Challenge this past weekend. What a blast it was. Great group of shooters and the course of fire was awesome. Whenever the In Motion Target guys are involved there's always tricky sight lines and real world shooting positions, usually on some nasty piece of ground.(Classic hunting for me) I love ruck marching in a match and the snowpack was an added challenge. Target ID was a lot of fun. More than once my target was almost completely obscured by a branch or brush and I had to have faith the trajectory would carry the round through the loophole. Those were really satisfying hits. The mover is always so much fun. On day two with the hostage target it was particularly challenging so I sent a few rounds in there nervously wide just to scare off the bad guy. There were some photographers kicking around snapping shots of everyone slinging lead out there, so hopefully someone can post those pictures up later.

Tarrol, thank you for pulling all these good people together for a great weekend of shooting and running around in beautiful country. Dave from Glock really hooked me up loaning me an awesome pistol for the match and when I'd dirtied that one up, Tarrol handed me his, and it proved all Glocks shoot straight, even in Canadian hands. There was a load of great sponsors (check out the squarespace link in the Competition forum for the full list) who stepped up huge for the prize table and everyone went away with some killer kit.

Not sure when the next LROC is happening but I'm already chomping at the bit to do it again so you can bet I'll be there. It was an honour to compete against so many current and retired military veterans and very motivating to step up my PT so I can put a chase to you guys on the uphill climbs.

I came away with so much kit from the prize table that I'm pretty sure I got something from all of the sponsors but I would really like to thank Leupold and Magpul for sure.

Thank you to all the RO's in particular, for freezing out there, so we could run the course. Any one of you needs a favour from me, just ask. And a huge thank you to Carl and the In Motion Target crew, I really hope I can return your generosity and hospitality in the near future.

Adam

Well it's official. I am moving to Tx in 6 weeks. Still haven't figured out exactly how I'm going to get my 2 ton tool box loaded into a U-Haul trailer, but I'm working it out. I will miss the mountains, & mild climate, along with all my friends here. I enjoyed shooting with, & hosting matches for all of you over the years. But opportunity calls, so I'm off to start a new career in the oil fields of west Texas. Hopefully in a few months I will finally, for the 1st time in my life, be earning a 6 figure salary.
I am hoping to get a few shooting sessions in with friends before I leave, weather permitting, but they will be few unfortunately. I will keep an eye on things here, & say howdy from time to time when I'm gone, & will be coming back periodically to see my family, & possibly hunt with my long time elk partners. That will depend on how the WDFW keeps messing up the regs here. I may just turn to hunting NM instead.
So this is basically fare well, & good shooting to you all.

Hey guys I have 2-1# of h 1000 I paid 30 each, will to sell for the same ftf. Turns out my 300 win love 7828. Pm me if you want them.

I am in Yakima for those that don't know me

Last edited:
Sunday, we put out a couple torso targets at 1242yds & 1780yds and got to see some amazing shots (non consistant 10mph up/down winds across 3-4 draws)....... Jim gets a first round hit at the 1780 target with his 6.5 :) wow!!! (even witnessed by 3 other guys). I felt great getting my first round within 8ft and dirt signature - and after 5 rounds was able to hit it (DPMS .260, 142s at 2670). I even had a first round hit on the 1242 :)

Jess was making the rest of us look bad by center punching many of the targets.

:) it was a blast shooting that far

2nd pic is from 1780 target - 3rd pic is closeup of firing line

Attachments

• DSCF3308.JPG
    DSCF3308.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • DSCF3299.JPG
    DSCF3299.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • DSCF3300.JPG
    DSCF3300.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Pat you guys are so fortunate to be able to shoot those distances, makes me jealous when I hear about it.
Nice shooting to all of you !

We can only shoot past 700 when we go through a process of getting a legal agreement with the property owners that allow very minimal use for our spring rifle match. It allows a short window for set up, practice, the match and clean up.

We dig up the grass around the targets and rake away any grass that could ignite ( and it helps indicate missed impacts better ), hump metal, paint, pound posts, check yardages, roll tape rolls down the hill - hump after them - and repeat :) .

Attachments

• DSCF3302.JPG
    DSCF3302.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • DSCF3301.JPG
    DSCF3301.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
Just posted up a video of the IRIS target lights which was filmed at the beautiful East Wennatchee Gun Club. Courtesy of Mullady Productions ;) Thanks to Pat M,, Jesse Ridell and Jim Findlay for helping get some hits on film at some impressive ranges, there would have been a lot for film to cut to get to the action if it was just me since I wasnt shooting my best that day. Thanks for all the help, Pat!

Hope the video is ok, first time using this edit program, and first youtube upload..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnsIZYuDn0&feature=youtube_gdata

Just posted up a video of the IRIS target lights which was filmed at the beautiful East Wennatchee Gun Club. Courtesy of Mullady Productions ;) Thanks to Pat M,, Jesse Ridell and Jim Findlay for helping get some hits on film at some impressive ranges, there would have been a lot for film to cut to get to the action if it was jut me...[/url]

Probably would have just been a lot of noise had I been shooting. Kirk do you have a price point on the system yet, or will that be determined at a later date? Good Luck with the business-neat product!

Kirk do you have a price point on the system yet, or will that be determined at a later date? Good Luck with the business-neat product!

Thanks, and yes. Price for the I.R.I.S. will be $479 as per the site I.R.I.S. . Its a substantial piece of gear, nothing small and flimsy about it. The batteries last up to a month in the field, and they will display around 1K hits on a charge, its not a 5-6 hour thing and then are dead. I am still working out a few small bugs with the sensitivity of the sensor, there is a fine line between picking up the energy of a 6mm bullet at a mile and a piece of steel getting rocked in the wind. They tend to work much better on hangers, being fire hose or belt material, but they do work well on the standard T posts as long as there not clangin in the wind. One light can be programed to one or multiple IDMs that sense the hits, or you can run a bunch in the field at different ranges.

It makes for a challenging stage when you have 3-4 IRIS lights on KD targets at vairious ranges. The RO runs a "random" list of targets they will light up with the remote, so you know the ranges but not which range you will be engaging or in what order. The lights make for easy ROing and scoring without being behind the scope and chassing target locations which lets them focus on safety or the shooter.

As mentioned on the site, there are a few IRIS systems. One is designed to be used with a customers existing steel, this uses a IDM or impact detection module and is attached to the plate or T post. We will be offering a complete setup that is similar to the first, but will have a proprietary target and base and uses different technology to pick up impacts.

I am also working on a multi zone target, which uses a series of plates or "quadrants". There is a multi colored lighting system that diplays the zone that is impacted. There will also be a "bad guy" flapper upgrade so there will be a total of four impact zones. We plan to have the prototype finished shortly and if all goes well it will be going into full production shortly. It also uses the same long range remote, so you could designate a zone to be engaged (ie head shot or center mass) with the remote and the shooter will fire on that zone, and the color coded lights will confirm the hit location. Its pretty much Simon Says for long range shooting, if you were to describe it into one sentence.

Here is a teaser pic

MQTdrawingforwebsite_zps344d15ac.png

Best Wishes Jeff, and good luck with the new job!

Thanks for the thoughts guys. It's getting closer to launch every day now. Still have lots to do. Taking a load to the dump today, & trying to map out how to get everything in the trailer. Not an easy task with a 2000# tool box, & a friend's Cummins engine on a pallet not to mention all the rest of my stuff. Add to that the trailer has to be balanced out with the proper toung weight. I'm estimating with the camper and trailer loaded up I'll be grossing about 17,000#. Should be a good workout for the old Dodge Cummins.
And BTW. Did I mention that the weather around here SUX! Been trying to get a weekend when I can shoot with some friends for over a month with no luck. I hope maybe this Sat will be better. Running out of weekends...

Thanks for the thoughts guys. It's getting closer to launch every day now. Still have lots to do. Taking a load to the dump today, & trying to map out how to get everything in the trailer. Not an easy task with a 2000# tool box, & a friend's Cummins engine on a pallet not to mention all the rest of my stuff. Add to that the trailer has to be balanced out with the proper toung weight. I'm estimating with the camper and trailer loaded up I'll be grossing about 17,000#. Should be a good workout for the old Dodge Cummins.
And BTW. Did I mention that the weather around here SUX! Been trying to get a weekend when I can shoot with some friends for over a month with no luck. I hope maybe this Sat will be better. Running out of weekends...

Well darn! But best to you of course.

Where in TX?

As mentioned on the site, there are a few IRIS systems. One is designed to be used with a customers existing steel, this uses a IDM or impact detection module and is attached to the plate or T post. We will be offering a complete setup that is similar to the first, but will have a proprietary target and base and uses different technology to pick up impacts.

I am also working on a multi zone target, which uses a series of plates or "quadrants". There is a multi colored lighting system that diplays the zone that is impacted. There will also be a "bad guy" flapper upgrade so there will be a total of four impact zones. We plan to have the prototype finished shortly and if all goes well it will be going into full production shortly. It also uses the same long range remote, so you could designate a zone to be engaged (ie head shot or center mass) with the remote and the shooter will fire on that zone, and the color coded lights will confirm the hit location. Its pretty much Simon Says for long range shooting, if you were to describe it into one sentence.

Nice!

Have you tried using an acoustic pickup and then modeling the waves to map out how close to center the hits are? You could blink the light more rapidly for closer hits.

Nice!

Have you tried using an acoustic pickup and then modeling the waves to map out how close to center the hits are? You could blink the light more rapidly for closer hits.

I had played around with sound sensors, but the cost vs performance wasn't what I was looking for. Also, the ballistic crack is always something you will need to deal with.

Thinking about running a one day monthly type match over here on a public piece of land right near Jubilee Youth Ranch. Probably something informal, Max 40 shooters, just a trophy match with 3 plaques for 1st through 3rd place. And maybe another 308 trophy. Laid back, Self RO, OBI's required, etc

I will have a couple barricades, shooting platforms, my shoot house, and probably something like 8 stages. Lots of targets, KYL racks, spinners maybe, couple new hostage targets,
Ranges from 100 yards to 1250 yards. Can also have a target set up at 1 mile if anyone is interested. Maybe 1760 yards.

Thinking Either July 5th or 6th(4th of july weekend)
July 9th or 10th
Or middle of August, like August 8th or 9th.
Can go either Saturday or Sunday, whatever people would like.

BBQ Lunch would be provided/Catered, as well as water for everyone.(It might be hot) All for something like $55

Guys could try to get some good carpooling going to make it easy to drive over from the west side.

Any interest?