• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

The ELR shoot would be starting @ about a mile (about 1800+/-), & could go from there to 2000yd +, & there could be a Tgt @ 3000yd if anyone has something that could reach that far. I want to try the Hornady 225 HPBT out there myself. There will need to be some work clearing the tgt area before we do it, but won't be a big deal.

jeff let me know the next time you head up there. i want to strech out past the 1300yrd spot.

Sure. But 1st we need to go up, & assess how much clearing we need to do. I haven't been up to the tgt spot for a while now, & I'm sure it's over grown again. So far Mon-Tues. looks good.

Whoot!

.....just 'cause.....
grin.gif

<span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 20pt">WET</span></span></span> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> here on the eastside today! Got some shooting in yesterday with frie nds over turkey hunting from Olympia, and got them hitting steel w my rifle out to 1K. Furthest they had shot prior was 4-500 yards
grin.gif
Oh, and one got a nice tom as well</span> <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="text-decoration: underline"> </span> <span style="text-decoration: underline"> </span>

All Good! Have a great day peoples !</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, any accessories that are necessary for Ketttle Falls.
Marty</div></div>

Mildot Master is very handy!
Plenty of water...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, any accessories that are necessary for Ketttle Falls.
Marty </div></div>
being teamed with Tribe or TSI is a very handy advantage!

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Are spectators allowed at the KF shoot? Since it's a short drive , I could take a trip and harass my brethren from SHWW (as well as see what <span style="font-weight: bold"> ELSE</span> I need to be working on)
shocked.gif
Ranger, are you competing-or should we take a road trip?

<span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-size: 20pt">Good Luck Friends ! </span> </span> </span> </span>

Thanks to all, looking forward to another weekend of shooting, this will be the fourth weekend in a row, a personal record.

Bigwheels, what time frame are you thinking for the ELR shoot? I am working on a 300WM build that I will want to shoot, but it won't be done until late summer. Hopefully August.

Haven't done much thinking about a time yet. I need to do some clearing around the tgt area, & some little work on the FFP first. I leave the tgt up there so just about any time can work once the rest is ready. Of course any day with light winds, & no mirage is good. When you get your stick ready, just let me know, & we can work something out.
Hey Tribe. You want to give me any ideas on a date that will work for you? I remember that you have issues during August wasn't it?

I would love to go if I can tag along. I have a 338 lapua, 338 snipetac and a.50 bmg that can go the distance. I would like to try your 3000 yards with the snipetac. (Tribe is my witness to some 2300 yard shooting I did)

I watched him put rounds on two different 3ft diameter balloons at 2,300 yds with his .50..... 3rd shot each time. around four second flight time, if I remember correctly..... :: "BANG" ....reach over, pick up coffee.... take sip.... back on spotter..... "Hit" ::
laugh.gif

Yeah, that is a whole new experience with the hang time. I remember on the 2nd balloon after the third shot a few seconds into it i thought that I missed and I couldn't see the splash. But as soon as I was going to say something....POP.

Hey All - Greetings from the sticks of E. MT. Looking forward to shooting Kettle Falls again with MTETM on Sat, plus dragging along another husband/wife team from out here with us. Thanks to having so much fun last yr, the Economist (me) let MTETM do a custom. See what you all have gotten us into? I'm going to need a 3rd job to support my/our habit. See you all at the BBQ Friday!

Well, I went up to start some work for the ELR shoot. The tgt area is overgrown worse than I thought. I set up the tgt (abdul-18" X 30" silohette) did a little clearing, & drove to the FFP for a few shots.I couldn't get a return from my LRF, so I used FFS, & the gps cord's to get a range of 1933yd. I entered the conditions into FFS, & got a hit on my 3rd shot. The rnds were the new 225gr HPBT from Hornady. I'm pushing them @ 2865fps with 76.5gr Retumbo in my 300WM, & I only needed 82.5 moa to 1933yd. I'm realy begining to like these pills.
I fired 6 rnds total, but couldn't see where they were hitting with the brush, & wet ground, but Abdul rang loud enough for me to hear it over a mile away. I'm going back on Sat with Ed to get some more clearing done, so if anyone wants to come up, & give us a hand let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Are spectators allowed at the KF shoot? Since it's a short drive , I could take a trip and harass my brethren from SHWW (as well as see what <span style="font-weight: bold"> ELSE</span> I need to be working on)
shocked.gif
Ranger, are you competing-or should we take a road trip?

<span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-size: 20pt">Good Luck Friends ! </span> </span> </span> </span> </div></div>
Nope, no spectators at the match. we are hauled into the hills/ shooting area in the am and no one in or out till the match is over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: farmchick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey All - Greetings from the sticks of E. MT. Looking forward to shooting Kettle Falls again with MTETM on Sat, plus dragging along another husband/wife team from out here with us. Thanks to having so much fun last yr, the Economist (me) let MTETM do a custom. See what you all have gotten us into? I'm going to need a 3rd job to support my/our habit. See you all at the BBQ Friday! </div></div>

Awesome, will see you at the match. Sounds like more and more female shooters. My daughter, also left eye dominant, is my shooting partner this year.
This is after she connected at 1320yards 2 weeks ago during some training.
RockIslandgrade.jpg

hey yall, just got on snipers hide and figured i'd say hello to the wa peaps. i havent shot distance for very long so you could say im a noob. i have a FN SPR with a nightforce.

I live and work in Olympia. I travel to auburn atleast once a week for my favorite second job in the world... Lol

Howdy all. Long time lurker here. Looking forward to meeting some of you up in Kettle Falls. Sounds like a fun, challenging shoot.

After that, maybe I'll be able to swing some of that ELR action with Bigwheels. Need more moa slant on my BMGs base to get past 2k though. Maybe the barrett 45moa rings? Anybody know what Ken Farrell is up to? Says: "stay tuned for 0-60 moa adjustable bases" on his website.

Nice, more guys in the Olympia area. Maybe we will be able to have a match down here, one up north, TSI's Eburg match...might be able to get a circuit going!

Good luck to everyone going to Kettle Falls. I wish you a safe trip, & good shooting. Wish I could go, but...
As for the ELR shoot, I'm going to get the area set up with some rock, etc to be able to spot misses easier. Also If anyone actually wants to try the 3K range let me know, & I'll get some steel up there. I'm not going to hump steel up there without a good reason...
Those wanting to go long, throw out some dates that will work for you, & I'll see where it goes from there.(I'm thinking a weekend in late June, early July, before it starts to really get HOT up there.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice, more guys in the Olympia area. Maybe we will be able to have a match down here, one up north, TSI's Eburg match...might be able to get a circuit going! </div></div>
where are you from? Is ravensdale the only range to get distance around here?
Would love to check out a match. Do I have to go to the east side for that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice, more guys in the Olympia area. Maybe we will be able to have a match down here, one up north, TSI's Eburg match...might be able to get a circuit going! </div></div>
I'm all for an Olympia area shoot! A circuit would be awesome, cumulative points?

I'm down for a shoot if you guys want to come drive around capital forest for a day and check it out. Capital forest is my play ground...

[/quote]
Would love to check out a match. Do I have to go to the east side for that? [/quote]

I am between Elma and McCleary with Capital Forest butting against my back yard. I have a few spots there to shoot out to 1K, then more just outside of Elma that go out to 1600. Pretty much shoot daily testing rifle builds and my own stuff.

Not sure if we could get a match together up there with all the trails for ATV's and Horses. Might have to pick Bigwheels brain a little this weekend at Kettle Falls and see how he does it.

Yup. I use a little caution tape, & signs. But you'll not be seeing me @ Kettle Falls this year. Couldn't swing it this time. Maybe next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oltmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Howdy all. Long time lurker here. Looking forward to meeting some of you up in Kettle Falls. Sounds like a fun, challenging shoot.

After that, maybe I'll be able to swing some of that ELR action with Bigwheels. Need more moa slant on my BMGs base to get past 2k though. Maybe the barrett 45moa rings? Anybody know what Ken Farrell is up to? Says: "stay tuned for 0-60 moa adjustable bases" on his website. </div></div>

Welcome aboard oltmann....

This is not a cheap solution... but Spuhr makes the mounts up to 13mil/44.4MOA currently.... and claims to make custom ones, for which, you will no doubt, pay through the teeth. That said, if 13mil will do ya, and your scope will handle it, I like mine a lot.
wink.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1946396

Looks like I'm coming back to the Lacey/Olympia area on saturday! I'm in for an Oly shoot! should be able to get a respectable scope sometime this summer!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice, more guys in the Olympia area. Maybe we will be able to have a match down here, one up north, TSI's Eburg match...might be able to get a circuit going!</div></div>

travis you let me know if you have some available land and team send it will bring the rest of the toys. i now have multiple barracades, tons target stands, at least 30 different plates to play with. plus olympia would be a little closer for me. I would love to have a circuit next year where we have at least 4 matches and you could accumulate points for a annual winner with maybe a few killer prizes for top 3-5 shooters. if anybody else is interested in organizing this with me let me know.

I am still in search for a large chunk of property for a permanent range so if anybody knows of 100+ acre rural properties let me know. If its over a million bucks don't bother but if its under i would consider it. yes i am serios about this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>
Would love to check out a match. Do I have to go to the east side for that? [/quote]

I am between Elma and McCleary with Capital Forest butting against my back yard. I have a few spots there to shoot out to 1K, then more just outside of Elma that go out to 1600. Pretty much shoot daily testing rifle builds and my own stuff.

lol do you have a neighbor named cody you built a 7mm for?

any of y'all ever try to order direct from Seekins Precision? I have called during their stated business hours and nobody answers the phone. I've left a message, but no return call.

I've ordered through their website. I guess it would depend on what you're ordering. With a lot of things you can specify size, etc in the little comment box before submitting your order. I have done that a few times and everything was perfect.

SSSamurai-

Good to hear. I am just ordering the SRS for my McMillan and Atlas. I was just in Monroe for business today - wet....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mkollman74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SSSamurai-

Good to hear. I am just ordering the SRS for my McMillan and Atlas. I was just in Monroe for business today - wet....</div></div>

i happen to have an extra front picatinny rail if you need one, mine is the one with the flush cup mount though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck to everyone going to Kettle Falls. I wish you a safe trip, & good shooting. Wish I could go, but...
As for the ELR shoot, I'm going to get the area set up with some rock, etc to be able to spot misses easier. Also If anyone actually wants to try the 3K range let me know, & I'll get some steel up there. I'm not going to hump steel up there without a good reason...
Those wanting to go long, throw out some dates that will work for you, & I'll see where it goes from there.(I'm thinking a weekend in late June, early July, before it starts to really get HOT up there.) </div></div>

I might be able to do early July for some ELR shooting. I know my 338 snipetac will make 3k yards. Is this place in eastern Wa?

We can do several ELR days if needed to accommodate everyone. It only takes a 1/2 hr to get set up for 2K, & the range is only 1 1/2 hrs from my house. 3K will take a little longer, but still only about an hr if that. The range is where I hold BSC's, about 1/2 hr north of Sedro Wooley. A good spotting scope will be needed, & a PLRF would be nice, but I can run the ranges with FFS, & GPS to get accurate ranges. I'm planning on moving some wood chips, & bark to the 2K tgt to help see splash. I'll look into the 3K range next time I get a chance. I don't think that one will need much other than a rake to prep it.
I also want to add that I have 3 boxes of unopened 210 Bergers, & 1 opened with 20 left in it for sale. I'm guessing that Tribe might want them. I'll give them up for $40.00/box + the opened one for free if you buy all 3, face to face if anyone is interested. I'm switching over to the the 225 HPBT, & 208 A Max for all my bullet needs now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup.....I do. How do you know Cody? He helps out now and then and always it up to go shooting! </div></div>
I used to work with him. A good friend of his/co worker is a good friend of mine.

Thanks Tribe. I'll save them as an option. Those are spendy, but still less than the Ivey 150moa rings. Right now it looks like the 40moa barrett exrings are the cheapest way to go, at $230. Yikes.

I'm using a SS 16x on the BMG right now. 68moa up and 50 down. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Sightron fixed power, just not sure on 16x or 20x. It just depends on how my current 16x does this summer.

Pretty sure Glen is still trying to get used to running his new machine and get production going again. He will get back to you, or just order on the website.

Tightgroup, you might have to come down and shoot with us sometime.