• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

guys there will for sure be a entry fee but not a big one probably around $30 at least half of which will be cash prizes for top shooters

yes ellensburg to make life easier we can plan on the saturday the 15th.

also i am looking for a 55gallon drum and or a empty wire roll like the one at findlay cup. the ones that are like 4' diameter across top (some people use them as tables)

I am going to limit the shoot on Jan. 15th to 20 shooters absolute max. probably wont have that many but want to be safe.

<span style="color: #FF6600"><span style="font-weight: bold">so if you are planning on coming email me at [email protected] the email account is only my rifle related stuff so i can't get shit confused. Please include your full name phone number and sh handle.</span></span>
let me know if you have durable target stands or ar500 plates available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes ellensburg to make life easier we can plan on the saturday the 15th.

also i am looking for a 55gallon drum and or a empty wire roll like the one at findlay cup. the ones that are like 4' diameter across top (some people use them as tables) </div></div>

I might have a line on both, are they coming back full of holes or going to be used as a rest?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes ellensburg to make life easier we can plan on the saturday the 15th.

also i am looking for a 55gallon drum and or a empty wire roll like the one at findlay cup. the ones that are like 4' diameter across top (some people use them as tables) </div></div>

I might have a line on both, are they coming back full of holes or going to be used as a rest? </div></div>

used as rests no holes. i only use steel plates, paper targets, clay pigeons and balloons as targets currently

I might be able to make it also.. Diggler, goin over that design in my head for awhile.. Looks pretty easy from the pdf. ya sent. I'll be out for a couple hours (gym time).. ... J.

ps. I think I'll have some target stands of all kinds by then...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">martin luther king day.

CJG</div></div>

Whoa!.... a Rotor sighting! You been busy working on that loading bench or what?
wink.gif
</div></div>

I have been messing with subsonic loads in 308. using 180gr RN projos, and trailboss Powder. Its pretty cool, next time we all get together on the westside I will bring it out for a little show and tell. Loading bench is working awesome!

CJG

I am considering putting in a night stage. what do you guys think? shit it gets dark at like 5pm, it will be cold but fun i think

WTF Why not....but I would suggest it be built so that non-illuminated scopes can play as well. It could be done with enough target illumination.....if it is plausable to set it up let me know and I can arrange the illumination.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am considering putting in a night stage. what do you guys think? shit it gets dark at like 5pm, it will be cold but fun i think</div></div>
grin.gif

Just for arguments sake.... I don't know if there is much point in a night stage, if you are going to flood the target with light.... just sayin'...
wink.gif

Sorry...should have said "proper" illumination. Leave the target on the outskirts of the lighted area and have reflective tape to catch a second flashlight to indicate a hit when target is moved, or they have the motion activated lights with batteries....just sayin
whistle.gif

well see interested guys are when it only 15degrees no sunlight and your laying in the snow shooting at a target under a glowstick.

needless to say i will be bringing firewood so guys can defrost alittle while were out there.

15 degrees and in the snow and a little windy on top of that.,,, that's plenty warm enough in my mind, bring your gear ladies!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a little slice of heaven....</div></div>

your right not much better than being up in the hills with some of your buddies trying to shoot at steel plates along ways away. good times will be had by all.

damn i would love to be able to make it to this shoot, but i will be gone most of that month. sounds like a lot of fun though.

I am planning on getting a Hooper Ord DBM for now since it's a drop in fit for a PSS style stock , anyone have any experience with this unit?

Yeah either benchmark or R bros. Travis @ Rbros will be hunting I believe so if he doesn't answer that is why. He does excellent work and a top notch dude aswell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rock-N-Ruin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am planning on getting a Hooper Ord DBM for now since it's a drop in fit for a PSS style stock , anyone have any experience with this unit? </div></div>

Hopper Ordanance is one of the best companies to deal with. For the match I put on VIIXVIIMMX for SHWW Hooper donated a large amount of prize value in his DBM and Bolt Knob Mod. On that basis alone (not counting the practicality of that DBM) I will buy my next DBM from him.

BTW to all SHWW'rs I am selling my M700, 7mm-08 18" barrel, Badger DBM 5,10,10 round mags, MCM A1-3 Woodland molded, Badger Thruster brake and protector 5/8-24 IIRC.

If you want to do local let me know....there will be a post up in the FS soon....just gonna try to sell it lightly under what I built it for and use the money for a Ultra Light Tact on 223. So accordingly I would lean towards trades on that. Looking around $2000-$2300......
whistle.gif

Not getting out just getting one. Also a Walnut 21" barrel, old trigger M700 30-06 DBM factory.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
100_4244.jpg

100_4246.jpg

100_4247-1.jpg
</div></div>

Joe, is this the rifle you're talking about? Thats one hell of a nice one if it is!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alan_h</div><div class="ubbcode-body">match in JAN.? if so pm details plz</div></div>

It is in ellensburg wa jan 15 100rds max targets from 100-1200yds mostly steel swingers. be ready for all positions and being on the clock. it will be cold but a good time for sure.

pm me if you have anymore questions. email if you want to attend [email protected]

7mm-08 Photobucket

Yes it is....it is a full nuts up runner and those that have seen my dopey ass get 1rd hits at 700+ and 900+ and make and spot my own hits with the SS 3-9 FFP at 1140-1160 yards at JTP match......great running rig. And all the load development was done in 1 week....to make the JTP match. IMR4064 gets the best burn in the 18" barrel and ballisticly I am close to 2750fps with the .642??? BC of the 162gr Amax. I am only getting 2600fps but it has plenty of legs for a perfect "Match" rifle.

That's why I built it and now I want to try to do a Hybrid!!!!
wink.gif

While not the GAP pretty looks but I built it to beat the hell out of it, I have used it and it is Krylond right now because the rifle is blued.

ok if a couple more locals show? 1911fan and PatM may be interested. give me the ok and ill ask

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alan_h</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok if a couple more locals show? 1911fan and PatM may be interested. give me the ok and ill ask</div></div>

go ahead and let them know

Just a FYI. I'm planning on going up for some practice on sun. Weather should be a little warmer, & sunny. Anyone who wants to join me is welcome to bang my steel. Probably be up there by 10:00.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Hope this holiday finds you safe warm and with people you want to be with.
In addition, to all our service members who cant be here with us,
God speed,stay safe and return home soon -- we miss you

Heads up for Thanksgiving Thursday, Midway has a one day sale on their large shooting mat. $29.99.
I had one at our last shoot in Ellensburg for those that saw it there. It's a must have item for those that are going to play in the snow at Jan. shoot.
SScott

Scott I went to order two of them and the shipping charges were ridiculous. $30!!!

That really mean the mat is $45 per.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott I went to order two of them and the shipping charges were ridiculous. $30!!!

That really mean the mat is $45 per. </div></div>
I think I paid $15 shipping for mine and I didn't get mine on sale, It comes in its factory box, and it is an over sized box.
So, yes $45 to your door is still good price.
SScott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happy Thanksgiving,
Hope this holiday finds you safe warm and with people you want to be with.
In addition, to all our service members who cant be here with us,
God speed,stay safe and return home soon -- we miss you</div></div>
^^^ What he said!
wink.gif

jcvibby: The RL22 lot # is 95029 built Aug 6 2009, I bought two 5lb from Powder Valley and put both in the same jug, now this is is what is left. $20 per pound

I had to put down my best friend today. He was 14 yrs old, & the other day he couldn't get up for his walk. [img:left]
mtbaker022.jpg
[/img] [img:left]
boysetc0272.jpg
[/img]
I realy miss him.