• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

sorry to hear that Bigs... what was your most memorable moment with him? How old was he when you got him? What was his name?

Thanks guys. His name was Bear, & I called him my Little Bear. I got him on Thanksgiving in 1996 when he was just a few weeks old. He was the size of a pocket poodle with feet the size of my palm. He got his name because he was so stocky when we got him that he waddled like a fat bear when he walked. He grew 5 lbs a week for a several months, & topped out at 125 lbs. He loved to go with me in the truck. If I even looked at the door he was right there waiting for me to open it & he'd run to the tail gate, & wait for me to let him in. He also loved to chase rabbits in the field where I let him run around. He wasn't very good at catching them tho. He once almost had one 'till the rabbit rebounded off the fence, & scooted out right between his legs, & left him there sniffing, & wondering where it went. He was a great dog, & I miss him a lot, but it was his time. The only thing worse would be to watch him suffer.
Fare well Little Bear

Another FYI. I'll be up shooting tomorrow, so if anyone wants to join me I'll be on the dead end rd, by stage 5 or the clearing where Stage 8 was from BSCII. I'll be there around 10:00.

I have a lead on Fed 215M primers. I had these backordered since last year, I was able to find some else where but does any one need these? price would be somewhere between $37-$42/1K. Im not sure on the exact price due to shipping. But that figures in the hazmat. This would need to be FTF in the seattle area or at the next meet. Let me know if you need some of these.

CJG

sorry to hear about Bear. it is never good when a pets time is up. i would would head up shooting with you tomorrow, but i have to go south to pickup some things with a buddy. hopefully the weather holds out for ya bud.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Bigwheels. My folks shiba inu died two weeks ago and my (elderly) Dad is devastated. We're giving him time to grieve before bringing another "friend for life" home.

Hey Jeff, very sorry to here about your dog, we lost one about two years ago and have one with cancer now, hard to believe sometimes how big a part of the family they become.

Is the January 15th Match in ellensburg a carry what you bring kind of match? I think it would be nice to have to carry everything the entire time from stage to stage. That would be fun!!!

I like the way you think.
grin.gif
....unfortunately, I don't believe there will be a lot of roaming at the E-burg match.... unless Diggs has some tricks up his sleeve.

Fair enough, I was just trying to throw a wrench in the mix.

Still planning on trying to get into the NCPBR match???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more wrenches the merrier!

...Yup. </div></div>

You mean like run what you brung but limited to twice the weight of your rifle???? Or run what you brung and then just have one EMP stage?

Or full on run what you brung with a sleepout away from power?

What kind of wrenches are you guys up for????
laugh.gif

I could see weigh-ins as being a bit of a chore...
shocked.gif
.... but I've got a heavy-ass rifle!
whistle.gif

No power's cool.... if that turns your crank... way I see it... you throw the match, you make the rules... just try not to make them too ghey...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is this phewy? Jabba no run!
wink.gif
</div></div>
I thought you were hanging out in the lifeguard tower???
laugh.gif

I was just talking about run what you brung. if you dont have it you cant go back to the pickup and grab it. Dont have a shooting mat then too darn bad. No rear back too darn bad. No pack or case to carry your bipod or ammo or whatever too darn bad. Just a thought that it would be fun to have to load all of our stuff all day. It might help get people somewhat fatigued.

It might be cool to have a stage where you have to take say 5 shots and then load all your crap up and move to a different location a little distance away (Maybe 100-300 yards) and take another 5 shots. Maybe in a 5 or 10 minute time frame. sounds fun right?????

Anyway yeah bring what you got with a no power sleep out. That is what I am talking about. Perfect. LETS DO IT!!!!

Shoot, move, repeat... if you need it and don't have it... you're kinda hosed.

If you have it and can't move with it... you probably better figure out a better solution.

The purity of the idea (as I see it), is to put your round on the target..... period.

I don't believe that there is any such thing as "cheating" - only making the shot.... or not. Thus, "rules" are typically only a redundancy.

If a guy would carry it into the field... and up that big-ass hill over yonder... then so be it.... Let the course dictate... ...design a course that dictates!

All that said... often, the lay of the land is too restrictive... A COF that challenges the shooter within confines, is what it is.... and all of it is good!
wink.gif

That's the way I view this whole discipline anyway.... FWIW... which admittedly ain't much!
grin.gif

Hey guys. With my life as it is now, I can't say anything for sure, but I might be able to do the 1/15 shoot in Ellensburg. How do I sign up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just talking about run what you brung. if you dont have it you cant go back to the pickup and grab it. Dont have a shooting mat then too darn bad. No rear back too darn bad. No pack or case to carry your bipod or ammo or whatever too darn bad. Just a thought that it would be fun to have to load all of our stuff all day. It might help get people somewhat fatigued.

It might be cool to have a stage where you have to take say 5 shots and then load all your crap up and move to a different location a little distance away (Maybe 100-300 yards) and take another 5 shots. Maybe in a 5 or 10 minute time frame. sounds fun right?????

Anyway yeah bring what you got with a no power sleep out. That is what I am talking about. Perfect. LETS DO IT!!!!</div></div>

well i am back from mexico, drank alot and got a free mexican colon clensing (aka the runs)

it will be use what you bring as is always the case, however i don't have time to plan a course of fire with long movements in a single stage it just requires to much prep and to many ro's. keeping it limited in numbers (under 20) and less movement is the only reason i have time to plan and organize shoots. Having fulltime job and family makes it hard enough to get it all ready. I can guarentee it will be a fun course of fire and challenging for everyone (even the zen master tribe aka billy badass/gear guru)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having fulltime job and family makes it hard enough to get it all ready. I can guarentee it will be a fun course of fire and challenging for everyone (even the zen master tribe aka billy badass/gear guru)</div></div>

Slacker.
wink.gif

The only thing NOT challenging for me about any of this, is the burning of barrels... and who you callin' "gear guru".... you've gripped & shipped more crap, than I can even name.... ...welcome back.
whistle.gif

I have tried more crap than you but i have never been able to afford the best like you. I don't own a rangefinder that goes out to 3000yds or an AIAW (most durable bolt gun made)lol!!

when are you going to get a spotter 60 to make us all jealous?

Soon as I sell some more shit.
wink.gif

.... and I think it was more like 2960yds... on a moving ferry.... from an elbow rest in my truck.... in the rain....
laugh.gif

Well I finally found a new job at a lumber mill. Once I get caught up on bills I should be back out or might wait till I'm done with the build I'm thinking of starting. It might be replacing the blackwidow for range and compactablity.

Right on Pat.... it'll be good to see ya' again! You gonna' to be rockin' the 300WM with the worn-shiny bolt knob, or the 260 AR that makes kneeling 1k snap shots???
wink.gif

Way to go BW!

Jesse and I might be in on this one....its getting pretty close to SHOT show, so I will have to see if I have everything caught up to go by then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jesse and I might be in on this one....its getting pretty close to SHOT show, so I will have to see if I have everything caught up to go by then.</div></div>

watch out boys we may have some real players coming if these 2 ringers show up!!!

don't forget to email me if anybody wants to come because the 20 person limit is an absolute max, if you want to come and help setup or help score slash spot let me know.

[email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jesse and I might be in on this one....its getting pretty close to SHOT show, so I will have to see if I have everything caught up to go by then.</div></div>

There goes the neighborhood....
wink.gif

Howdy guys.Sorry I have not been around much. Work has pretty much been a suck sanwich since the first week in October. A guy flew out to upgrade our system and turned it into a real football batand I have been struggling with there corporate tech support to get it fixed. We are finnally on the road to recovery.

Sorry to here about your dog bigs. I have only had mine for about 6 months, a little beagle. It is like having another two year old in the house. She is cute as hell but driving me nuts, I cant seem to get her trained right

any of the local guys want to get together xmas week for a little fun shooting. I was considering a trip up to a clearing above squim to do some very simple short range 3 gun or 22 simulated stuff. let me know if anyone is interested

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Howdy guys.Sorry I have not been around much. Work has pretty much been a suck sanwich since the first week in October. A guy flew out to upgrade our system and turned it into a real football batand I have been struggling with there corporate tech support to get it fixed. We are finnally on the road to recovery.

Sorry to here about your dog bigs. I have only had mine for about 6 months, a little beagle. It is like having another two year old in the house. She is cute as hell but driving me nuts, I cant seem to get her trained right

any of the local guys want to get together xmas week for a little fun shooting. I was considering a trip up to a clearing above squim to do some very simple short range 3 gun or 22 simulated stuff. let me know if anyone is interested </div></div>

Yep I could be interested in that. We will coordinate once it gets closer. Im not very weather tollerant when its comes to shooting, so we will see how it looks.

CJG

I finally got to get some shooting in today. Only had to wait for the fog 3 times. Not bad... Got a good load worked up for the 210 VLD's, & I'm stoked they print exactly where my 208's do. Now if I could only have my 208's show up... Got excellent CCB hits @ 750, & 910 yds too. Didn't have time to get farther out. Gets dark kinda early now. Maybe I can still shoot OK. Only fired 1 shot since Oct. MMMMM Venison.

Yup.
WW brass
WLRM primer
neck sized, & trimed to 2.615"
76.2gr H-RETUMBO
just touching the lands(2.770" to ogive)
Shot just under 1" @ 360 yds
I have a match chamber with a short throat in this brl. I'm out of case volume by 77 gr of RETUMBO. Strange that this gun liked the RETUMBO with the 210 VLD, but liked H-1000 for the 208 A-Max.

Hey guys, remember me? It's been a while! I was wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with one of the falcon menace scopes? either the 4-14ffp or 5-25ffp. I'm looking to replace my hunting scope with something with a mil dot reticule and target turrets. unfortunately I'm still a broke college guy so I can't go leupold or that price range.

ETA: I've seen the reviews, just looking for some confirmation on them!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diggerline59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with one of the falcon menace scopes? either the 4-14ffp or 5-25ffp. I'm looking to replace my hunting scope with something with a mil dot reticule and target turrets.</div></div>

go to Liberty Optics and pick up one of the new Bushnell Elite 4200 <span style="font-weight: bold">Illuminated FFP scopes </span>in either 3-12x44 or 6-24x50. Very good glass and a great deal overall. I own a 3-12x44 and love it!

agreed get the bushnell ffp i have 2 and love them for the money.

if anybody gets the results on if you got into the norcal match let me know.

No word on Norcal yet, waiting like the rest I suppose. With regards to the scopes, haven't used the Bushnell but Scott at Liberty Optics is excellent and will buy from him again. And Guys a question, I need to buy a barrel for a project and was going to get one from the Benchmark guys, I needed a 30 cal chrom moly barrel in Remingtons varmint contour with a 1:10 twist, the finished lenght would be 24 inches. Is that all I need to tell them when I give them a call. Are all their barrels 3 groove with standard lands, just need the contoured blank.
Marty

Marty, they have other grooves but I would go with a 3 groove. Tell them all the things you have written above and you should be good to go. Also tell them you want a 3 groove.

Thanks Jake, I wasn't sure which of their barrels (grooves) would suit my needs best, obviously by reading some posts regarding their barrle it looks like the 3 groove barrels are really suited for 6mm calibers but I will ask for their advice

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll look into that scope more. It's a little pricey for me right now, but I think I'll save up a while more so I can get a better product. I don't want to make the mistake again of buying cheap and regretting it. I can't wait to make it back west for another shooting trip!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diggerline59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, remember me? It's been a while! I was wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with one of the falcon menace scopes? either the 4-14ffp or 5-25ffp. I'm looking to replace my hunting scope with something with a mil dot reticule and target turrets. unfortunately I'm still a broke college guy so I can't go leupold or that price range.

ETA: I've seen the reviews, just looking for some confirmation on them!</div></div>

I had one for a while (my first jump into mil/mil ffp).

If you get one, make sure you get it from somebody who will handle warranty issues for you (if possible), and first thing, check the turret tracking. The one I had, the clicks were about 10% too big (dial 1 mil, get 1.1 mils of adjustment). Others said they tracked fine though, so probably just a QC type thing.

If you take off the turrets and clean off a bunch of the grease, the clicks will be much less mooshy (though may lose some water resistance).