• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Hey guys here are the targets I am working on to take Saturday. If they dont work I will have squares to. I might cut out another 50% size without the flapper though, just in case the flappers dont hold up, or turn out to be a pain in the ass. I should hopefully have 2 full size 30"x18" with "T" flapper and 6" center flapper. The 50% are 15"x9" but they only have a 3" chest flapper. I had multiple ideas on the flap but decided (and hope like hell they work) that swinging them to the side will confirm a good shot by reseting. Also it could give another way to score. These are just ideas running through my head and like I said hopefully they work. Here are the pics...
2011-03-249520-46-5395593.jpg

2011-03-249520-47-2695414.jpg

I will be extending the chest flap on the big target to make it a viewable square when open.

I am open for opinions and ideas also. Thanks

Very nice work on those targets! Being 1/2" thick, I'm sure those targets will stand up to a heck of a lot of abuse. Outstanding!

I didn't really want to use 1/2" but I got a really good deal on it. It should be able to handle 300WM fairly decent though. The bad part is packing it to location, so I cut out a few more smaller ones this morning.

I might sell them though.

Posting for for your first dibs over the rest of the crowd,
up is one lightly used (less than 20 rounds) Falcon Menace 4.5-18X56.
This scope has the second focal plane EMD reticle.
price is $400 shipped to your door insured and tracked or placed in your hand with a cool beverage to sooth your soul as I count the money you gave me!
Come pick it up at the Plumbers Cup.
Thanks

I think I heard Tribe say he would hire out as a pack mule to take that big sumbitchin target across the canyon. What does it weigh, 75 lbs? I might be able to hit it though, bad eyes, poor reflexes and all.

Let's take turns coming up with what <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-style: italic"> <span style="color: #000099">TeamSendIt </span> </span> </span> was saying under his breath as the nice Mr. Game Warden was generating income for the broke State of Washington. Nice pic Sunnyside Scott!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I heard Tribe say he would hire out as a pack mule to take that big sumbitchin target across the canyon. What does it weigh, 75 lbs? I might be able to hit it though, bad eyes, poor reflexes and all.</div></div>
I thought I was the pack mule..... I like your idea a lot better!
eek.gif

Chad, did I ever tell you I did a 20 page thesis in college on Ps. 139? That class was probably one of the harder upper division classes I have been in. Very difficult. I think it was called Theological study of bibical history and religion. That is by far my favorite passage there is.

I will have to see if I can dig it up and take another look at it.

I am not sure exactly how much it weighs, but I will guess.......IT IS F#CKIN HEAVY!!! So isn't its twin. Oooh well, it should be fun. I loaded up 2 big, 3 half size, and 2 8" squares. Should be enough to keep going for a little while. I don't mind if no one wants to "pack mule them across a canyon" they are big. If there is any volunteers though, have at it.

I guess my eyes were bigger than my back when I cut those 2 out.

Jake... yes, as a matter of fact you did... to which I responded... I would love to read it some time....
wink.gif

<span style="font-size: 20pt"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'"> Give em hell gentlemen... and good luck!</span> </span> </span> </span>

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes Ranger 1183 I was at 1st Batt. I was in from 88 to 92. It has been a long time but I think about it almost everyday.

Had fun today, even though it was crappy weather. Thanks to Sunnyside Scott, hunter121 and mm509 for helping me get dialed on the targets that we could see. Hopefully next time we'll be able to see the farther targets!
Jason

Agreed Jason,
It was a good time for sure!! That was kind of the shits that we couldn't see the far stuff. Thankfully the weather can only get better. It was good meeting everyone too. Anytime you guys want to shoot get ahold of me, I am always willing to go shoot.

Just a little FYI, JD is going to try and get that 1760y range set up in the next couple weeks. I will keep everyone posted.

Matt

Had a great time today guys, it was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new people. Thankfully I had a lot of time to bullshit since my load was running hot!! Hopefully I can get out and get that load tuned down so I dont have any more issues and I can do a little bit more shooting.

Sounds like you guys had fun. May Day, & I also went out for some LR today in my AO. Weather was almost perfect. Did some 750/930/& 1300yd today. Wind wasn't bad at all, just variable as usual. Still can't get 3 hits in a row on the 1300yd!! Hit 2, & miss by an inch!!! Oh well, maybe next time.

Just another reminder to get me your entry's for BSCIII. Only a few weeks away now.

Hunter,
That was wierd how everybody started to pressure up today. Wierd, must have been some voodoo going on today. Atomospherics were set up to be low pressure, but we all got exact opposite. I don't think I am going to adjust anything, till I can shoot again.

Bigwheels,
Where can I find some info on the BSC?

mm509-

I do agree with ya, I think I am going to head out Monday to eburg again since it looks like the weather is going to be nice and see if I still have some pressure signs. You wanna go? If I dont have any signs then I will blast away for the day. I still might load down though, I would rather not have pressure issues when things got a little wet.

MM509. BSCIII will be held on 4/30/11 a little north of Sedro-Wooley Wa. Sign in @ 08:00.
Match will consist of 9 stages, each with 1-3 targets from 100-1300yd. Shooters will travel between stages carrying all their gear for a total of about 1 1/2 miles.
Round count is <100 rnds.
Camping is available, & prizes will be awarded to the top finishers.
Entry fee is $40.00, & T-Shirt is $20.00

PM. me for more details, & contact info for entry.

Fellas,
I agree it was a great time even with crappy weather and I can't wait to do it again under better condiditons, when we can see and shoot past 700 yards.
I deprimed and washed my brass last night and I could really see how I had brass flow into the ejector, when normally I don't have that problem.
In regards to our "high pressure" problems, I keep replaying in my head how, while hunter121 was shooting my rifle,and I asked him to do a press check to ensure that he wasn't out of ammo. When he withdrew that chambered round it was noticable that it had condensation (like a foggy window) all over the case body, it may have been on the bullet itself but it wasn't extracted far enough to get a good look. Now, I FL size all my brass, so the theory is, that the 30 degree ammo, with smudges of water on it, when put into the warm chamber allowed the water to condense thereby taking up chamber space causing us to go into a High pressure situation, similar to using your max load with a case that has thicker brass than the brass that the load was worked up on.
Now I need to look at my load and considering backing it down a little, or just don't shoot in the rain or snow. LOL
See ya guys next time.
SScott

I was wondering if perhaps your pressure problems were due to wet cases, not being able to grip the walls of the chamber at the time of ignition? Then the case was pushed back into the bolt face when fired. Just a thought...
shocked.gif

Has anyone heard any results from the boys @ the Wenatchee shoot? I think they probably got to experience water/condesation on their cases as well.

Dibbs - I think you have it pretty much figured out, and there was some speculation that this was the cause when we were out there. I am going back out tomorrow with the same load since its going to be nice out and see what happens. I will let you guys know how it goes.

I hope the Guys at the match are having a ball! I can not wait to hear how it all went.

I'm not JIm, but here's some details: It was BIG FUN! As usual, Jim put on a great match with challenging shooting. The helicopter was added bonus fun.
Saturday at the gun club started after the F-Class match at 300, 500, and 600 yards. We had cold bore, mover, barricade, long range, and one stage where you shot off a platform suspended by chains, so you never got a decent shot because it wobbled so much. (Designed and built by JLR, well done!) We had a Texas Star, too.
It blew, and rained, and was in the mid 40's all day. It was horrible, and we all had a great time. We broke about dark for catered Mexican food, then had the night shoot.
Sunday turned out clear and sunny, though mid-40's most of the day. I'll post some pics later. I'm beat.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Hats off to Jim, all the ROs, the scorers, and any/everybody that made the eleventh annual Plumber's Cup a damn good time!</span>

1911fan

Guys.... if you're wondering about the pressure, it is the moisture on your ammo... If it is wet, it is going to increase your chamber pressure... and if you are running the edge of the envelope on your load.... you WILL have problems. I know this first hand... like most things I've learned, I've done so the hard way!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys.... if you're wondering about the pressure, it is the moisture on your ammo...</div></div>

Derp! No kidding, and keep them from getting real hot in the summertime, too. Don't leave them out in direct sunshine or on the dashboard. During rainy F-Class shoots, I get out one round at a time and then close the box to keep remaining rounds dry. In the hot weather they stay in the coolest area I can find (small cooler) and only the ones I need for the next relay go to the line with me. Those stay in the shade as much as possible.

1911fan

The Findlay Cup! Holy Cow! What a match.... a two day test of skills, wits, equipment, nerves.... and your sense of humor! Thanks SOOOOO much to Jim, ALL of the RO's, support staff and sponsors.... including a special thanks to the "helicopter guy".... what a privilege that was!

As always, first-class all of the way, and there is no mistaking how much time and planning goes into setting something like this up... let alone, all of the running around, and WORK, that goes into match day itself. I got to speak for a while with Jim, Saturday night, at about 11:00, after the night stage... he was looking like he'd been up for a week
wink.gif
... still in good humor... with a FULL day to go, and all of the break-down ahead of him... Thanks again Jim, for all of your effort, and for keeping the focus on what this is all about..... FUN!
grin.gif

Lots of very good shooters, in a VERY challenging environment... if you were wondering how your gear would fair when wet... after shooting Saturday.... you KNOW.
wink.gif

I wanted to get a shout-out to my shooting partner Tyler (he doesn't hang out on the internet, but I'm posting it anyway
wink.gif
) He was team "Blind Squirrel's" "Carbine Guy", and he carried my sorry ass through the majority of this two day event... We both started out like crap, but when the kid caught fire, he shot out of his head! Taking first over-all out of the Carbine points! Nice shooting kid!

That only edged out our very own Scott (Team Send It) for first in the carbine, by 20 points, out of the total of around 5,000 or so points, that each of those two had compiled... (if I remember correctly)... and Scott did this, despite some relentless equipment issues, beyond his control.... ...As I said at the match... very nice shooting dude, you were solid and consistent the whole way!

Keep in mind, that this was a TEAM event (I myself chose the "Wonder-Twin Power"- "FORM OF: Heavy-ass-Anchor" to counter all of Tyler's good work!
wink.gif
).... I'm only pointing out these two individual efforts, because they are members here of our little Group!.
grin.gif

In the end.... what a Blast! Disneyland for shooters! The helicopter was Magic Mountain.... and my personal favorite... the "Blind Shot"... (forgive me Jim, I forgot the stage name... but it was very cool, and creative)... was like the House of Mirrors!
laugh.gif

Lots of grins all around! Hopefully some pictures will start popping up.... I believe Mattj may even have some "Helmet Cam Video"... if he's willing to share.
wink.gif

Hey Chad,
I couldn't have said it better! I talked to Jim on the ride over to the "blind shot" and was amazed at what he has done and what hoops he had to jump thru to put together this amazing match. For a novice like me to be involved was incredible! The Disneyland analogy was perfect, haven't been there, but I bet the match was better.

Thanks to all the voluteers who helped Jim put this on, everyone I had interaction with was wonderful.

Jim, I definately think you deserve a vacation.

Mike

Random pics from Sunday:

Us:

FebMarch2011HawaiiFindlayCup008.jpg

Us, with the ultimate shooter's accessory:
FebMarch2011HawaiiFindlayCup012.jpg

One of the teams on our squad. THat's JLR in the stripy hat, and Milanuk looming behind him in the Carhart hoodie.
FebMarch2011HawaiiFindlayCup020.jpg

FebMarch2011HawaiiFindlayCup018.jpg

Me.
FebMarch2011HawaiiFindlayCup027.jpg

Milanuk
FebMarch2011HawaiiFindlayCup034.jpg

As usual, and partly due to poor equipment choices, we finished mid-pack, 12 out of 22 teams that started the match. Two dropped out on Saturday, don't know why.

If you recognize yourself PM me and I'll email the original pic.

1911fan

Thanks Market! (Nice shooting as well BTW... 3rd in Rifle if I remember correctly!)

....Nice work on the vid Matt!.... and let me tell any of you that didn't get to be there... as nice as that "Hero Cam" (?) turned out... it simply cannot do the whole experience justice... all of the thoughts and senses rushing through your mind, make the whole thing MUCH bigger than it looks on the screen!
grin.gif

Believe it or not... I think there were a couple of teams that got about 30% hit rate on those targets! .............Not our team....
wink.gif

Great helmet cam, looked a little strange on ya but great footage, please post some more from the other stages if you would
smile.gif

Kudos to jim, and all the great folks that put in a TON of time on this match. Lots of shooting , 10 stages, 2 locations including a night shoot and a helicopter shoot. That is a huge amount of planning and prep. Imho everything ran very well. Jim and the RO's did a great job. I had a great time and so did everyone else i talked to.

ATTN GROUP A : I have some good pics of most of group A on the helicopter stage . if you want the pics or would like me to delete them, shoot me a pm .

Craig, thanks for the link, Matt did look abit funny but I think that Kinda sum up the helicopter stage. Craig, well done as well for placing third overall for rifle, Tyler also for being onfire with the carbine and having the top score. Scott was only a few points behind. I think everyone had a great time, weather wasn't the greatest saturday but you have to take the good with the bad. And once again many thanks to Jim and his tireless staff who RO'd this event and without them it would n't have happened.
Marty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great helmet cam, looked a little strange on ya but great footage, please post some more from the other stages if you would
smile.gif
</div></div>

Sadly, I was so zoned on the match itself that I forgot to turn the damn thing on for most of the stages -- so I went around looking silly for nothing. I'm just relieved I remembered for the 'copter ride. If anything that I did get came out okay, I'll get them put up.

I echo the thanks to everybody involved, what a great weekend!