• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On that note... if you guys shoot out there... please don't hesitate to fix a target, if one goes down....... </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt"> Those of us that dont shoot 210 grain bullets @ 3200 FPS don't have near the problems as some folk tearing targets down
grin.gif
(Although I'll probably bring along my 300 WM hunting rifle and test it on steel and wind with the 208 amaxes sometime prior to a shoot
whistle.gif
) </span> </span>

Hey Guys! I hope you all had a great weekend. I got 72 hours of straight instruction on "How come my rifle can't hit shit anymore?"! It was, and remains, very instructional. The number of little things that can tweek a rifle's performance just astounds me.

Did you hear the one about the stretching action screws? No shit. Fricking unbelieveable!

At any rate, I have one item I need to pass along/RANT about. This is NOT meant to offend anyone so if this is YOU that I'm talking about, it's a safety issue only, NOTHING PERSONAL!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">ON SOAPBOX!</span></span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">No scope? No sights? <span style="font-style: italic">NO SHOOTING!</span></span>

Twice now at Spokane Rifle Club (that urban rifle range next to the quiet neighborhood along the Spokane River), newbie shooters have shown up with brand new rifles and started launching bullets down range <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">without having any sort of sighting system on the rifle.</span></span>

That 200 yard berm is a long way away ... yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah ...

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">OFF SOAPBOX!</span></span>
We will now join hands and sing "kum-ba-yah" ...

Just kinding!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captnmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Capt.... it's the same spot SScott is talking about... we've had some informal shoots & matches out there... I'm sure we will again.
wink.gif
</div></div>

I'll stay tuned and try to join you next time you go out there. I'd like to at least watch some guys that know what they're doing and learn.</div></div>

Heh.... you'll have to find another group to tag along with then....
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Ha, if you guys are talking about how to adjust a shot from 1/4 to 1/2 MOA at 1250 yards, there's definitely something you can teach me.
grin.gif

Cptnmo, you are welcome to come up my way, & shoot if you like. I'm about the same from your AO as E-Burg, & the area is a lot cleaner. I can shoot almost any time with some advanced warning.
On another note. Anyone still interested in shooting ELR on 6/26? I have the area pretty much ready. If another day works better, let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then I shouldn't bring my 225's out next time? </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Doesn't make any diff to me what folks shoot...I'm just flipping Tribe shit... being a smartass is second nature. All good Wheels!
laugh.gif
</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then I shouldn't bring my 225's out next time? </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Doesn't make any diff to me what folks shoot...I'm just flipping Tribe shit... being a smartass is second nature. All good Wheels!
laugh.gif
</span> </div></div>
I know. I can "send it" too.

Thats cool. Shoot me a date that will work for you, & I'll see what I can do. As long as it's not the 14th-24th. I have to puppy-sit.

I can't make the 26th either but I would like to come up and throw some lead! Maybe sooner?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't make the 26th either but I would like to come up and throw some lead! Maybe sooner? </div></div>

Hi mate,

Can you please reply to my PM's..I've sent 3 without any response after I made the payment to you..

Thankyou

I might be able to do the 26th. But if Tribe can do the 25th (Saturday), that would work a little better. Either way, I might be able to swing it that weekend. I'll let you know as we get a little closer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SS... I was out there this morning... did a lot of target maintenance... they are all GTG! Wind was a SWITCHY, LITTLE, BACK-TALKING BIOTCH! I swear, if you can shoot well in that valley, when the wind is up... you can shoot well anywhere...
eek.gif

On that note... if you guys shoot out there... please don't hesitate to fix a target, if one goes down.......
wink.gif
</div></div>
Thanks Tribe,
We went out on Mon morning and I was pleasantly supprised on how nice the targets looked.
I had planned on doing some painting but I see you beat me to it.
Dude, the winds were no better on Monday, it was deceiving, it was any where from 5-10 mph followed by the dead calm, then throw in the switching winds. Needless to say it was very frustrating.
We didn't tear any targets down as we were only shooting the smaller calibers.
Thanks again for getting out there and re hanging and painting the targets.
SScott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't make the 26th either but I would like to come up and throw some lead! Maybe sooner? </div></div>

Sure. Anyone who wants to throw lead up here, just give me a date that will work for you, & I'll try to make it happen. I'm not available from 6/14-24, but most any other time can work with some advanced notice. Of course, if you don't want to try the mile+ tgt there are other "short range" tgt's around to use.

Assuming I get my 7wsm from Benchmark in the next few weeks I'd be down for July 2nd!

I'm pretty sure I could do that. So a few of us will get together on 7/2 for some ELR action. Bring a big gun, & hope for light winds.

Alright july 2nd it is. I will put it on the calendar, here we come 338 EDGE, OH YEAH!!! maybe the 284 as well???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm pretty sure I could do that. So a few of us will get together on 7/2 for some ELR action. Bring a big gun, & hope for light winds. </div></div>

I might be able to swing that date. I may only be able to do a half day.

I have three guns for elr shooting, 338 lapua, 338 snipetac and .50 bmg. Will my .50 ruin any targets set up? If so are there any other things I could shoot at that far (rocks, stumps, etc..)?

I can probably do July 2nd. I'll put it on my calender. I don't think my Savage 10FCP 308 will get that far, but I'd still like to tag along if you don't mind. Where is this spot at?

Ok I had to change the date, I'm going shooting in Capitol forest on sat jun 4 I've got some steel that I need to break in. All the shooting will be 800+yds. Who's in for a little wetside shooting? Forecast looks awesome!

Guys. No donations required for a informal ELR shoot. The 50 is GTG, but I think I'll have it shoot another tgt just in case.(How much energy will it have left @ say 1950yd?) As long as it's less than say 2000ft/lbs it's OK on my normal steel. May dent it a little. But I have another plate I don't mind sacrificing for a few shots behind a 50 BMG... The tgt area to see splash is kind of small, so if someone has a Swaro spotter, or 2 they should bring them along.

Chad, I want to say congrats, almost 100 pages guy, you started this thread and I have had the opportunity to meet some great people through it. So I want to thank you personally for getting this going and for all the good times that I Have had because of it. Marty

Thanks Marty... I couldn't agree more... I'm grateful to Sniper's Hide for the platform.... lots of horizons through this little corner of the internet... who'da thought!
crazy.gif
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys. No donations required for a informal ELR shoot. The 50 is GTG, but I think I'll have it shoot another tgt just in case.(How much energy will it have left @ say 1950yd?) As long as it's less than say 2000ft/lbs it's OK on my normal steel. May dent it a little. But I have another plate I don't mind sacrificing for a few shots behind a 50 BMG... The tgt area to see splash is kind of small, so if someone has a Swaro spotter, or 2 they should bring them along. </div></div>

I am really hoping to go. I love doing mile plus shooting. The date is really hard for me to guarantee for me as I already had plans made. I will try to make it work.

As for the muzzle energy it still has approx 3000 ft lbs of energy at 1900 yards. It might ruin your steel. But I can tell ya there is nothing like shooting a .50.
P1000584.jpg

Yup. Nice BOOMER! Well, for 3000 ft/lbs I'll break out another plate for you. You can blow holes in it all day if you want. Or if anyone has a piece of AR steel about 20" square or so bring it, & we'll hang it up in the AM.

That is awesome dylanss!!!

I have some AR500 but the biggest is a 12x12, would that work?

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Any more thoughts on an Ellensburg Shoot in June? </span>I recall TSI saying he would be busy playing Mr. Mom, and need some help setting up. I'm not sure how folks schedules look- I see BigWheels is getting an informal ELR shoot going. I'd like a shoot sometime at Eburg before it gets too dry, and could probabyly help with setup
shocked.gif
</span> </span>

hey guys listen to this. I was in Granite falls for a camping trip this weekend and since I seem to be over there quite often I decided to do some intel gathering and research for possible shooting spots on that side of the MT Baker National Forest.My first stop was the local true value /gun shop[ in town. After talking it up with a couple of guys at the counter I asked about a couple of clearings that I had spotting on goggle Earth, what they told me was that there was no more shooting in their area and that the sheriff and rangers were giving out tickets ,confiscating guns and even vehicles of people caught shooting in the National Forest. I thought they must be wrong about this so I headed over to the mountain loop highway ranger station , I very politely walked up and asked the ranger about legally shooting in the National Forest. she told me"yes is is legal to shoot in the National Forest as long as you meet the following criteris" she hands me a sheet of paperand I asked what areas meet these criteria and she said"none". THe rules included the obvious things like no shooting across or down a road and make sure you have a backstop, bit it also included 150 yards from any occupied space(UPOUR EMPTY VEHICLE IS CLASSIFIED AS AN OCCUPIED SPACE) in addition things about not shooting near ANY campsite, not occupied campsiteANY campsite, so I said well you camp camp anywher you do not block aroad so isnt everyplace with a clearing a potential campsite and she said YES.

it went on and on, I know where I go in squim the rangers have pushed up a berm for people to shoot and we camp right in the same clearing. The rangers have come up looked around and probably determined we were being safe and professional and moved on, but what if you get a jerk with a hard on for shooters in general,

I am curious how big wheels has reolved these issues since we are shooting on the other side of the same forest. I am not trying to be a jerk I am curious because I dont want a 400 dollar ticket or to have 3k worht of rifle or vehicle confiscated either
'

please help with knowledge and facts.
Dafar

Dafar yes its pretty much a joke up there and they have not been challenged. They are following the memo for guidance which actually came about because of a series of articles written by a Seattle journalist and the federal code of regulations. In 2007, the Darrington Chief ranger actually classified the whole forest occupied in order to close it to target shooting. In 2009 Skykomish ranger district also made closures stating Target Shooting Endangers Hikers, employess and timber contractors (YES TARGET SHOOTING). We have our safety corridor eastbound along I-90. Is it going to stop, well I am not really sure about that one. I think it depends on the locale, the Ranger Districts this side of the mountain are definetly not as shooter friendly than those on the East side, but we have a few more slob shooters over here.

I'm going to be out in the Olympia area next week for work; do you guys have anything going on this weekend or next in that area?

I totaly understand that we (shooters) can be our own worst enemy. When you get a bunch of unsafe Aholes that put people at risk and leave or create a mess it is hard to make people understand that we are not all that way. I wish they would create areas in the parke that naturally have backstops and that are away from most if not all trails but that does not seem to happen. As I said my fear is that I am doing my thing as I have for years up in sequim and then a ranger who is used to buisness elsewhere does not like what i am doing and slams me with a big ticket or worse.

I will always be as safe as possible and try to clean up my and others messes I just hate feeling that it could still come down to a judegment call

Dafar, all we can do is set the example, as I mentioned it seem that those two Districts in particular have a hard on for shooters. Franzel out at Snoqualmie is not, even though he had to close some areas permanently. I think having membership in the NRA, WSPRA are good steps in those directions in order to protect the areas open for shooting now.

I agree. As for the area I shoot in, It's actually school trust land, & the sherif has stopped me a few times up there, & had no problems as long as I told him I set up caution tape across the accesses to where the tgt's were. Letting him look through the spotter @ sub 1/2 moa groups also helped I think. I don't worry about it there. I thik he knew that, as far as shooters go, I was not the one to be worried about. I have warned a few groups that shoot up there that if they fire on me I will return fire. They usually comply with safe shooting practices then.

sorry guys give 264win a few pm's and tell him to put one together end of june. I will attend it but don't have time to organize it this time. sorry wife is leaving for virginia for 2 weeks to finish up grad school and i have my two daughters so i don't have time to do shit.

This last few comments about crappy state lands that may or may not let you shoot is exactly why i am looking for a piece of property to set up a permanent range.

WE NEED THIS, HELP ME FIND SOME AWESOME PROPERTY!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I very politely walked up and asked the ranger about legally shooting in the National Forest. she told me"yes is is legal to shoot in the National Forest as long as you meet the following criteris" she hands me a sheet of paperand I asked what areas meet these criteria and she said "none".... </div></div>

That is sad, facism and petty beaurocracy

Not quite. It functions but I'm having trouble getting everything in the internal magazine lined up correctly. Was thinking about stopping by after work tomorrow if that's cool?

Tribe,

Jesse, Seekins, Jim the Plumber and I will be at that range next week shooting the Ironman Match. Will try to get some more details for you.