• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Yeah, its a 3gun match with a little long range rifle thrown in also. Should be alot of fun....1000 rounds, 3 guns, 3 days of shooting. Shooting from a zipline and a golf cart also
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, its a 3gun match with a little long range rifle thrown in also. Should be alot of fun.... <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #FF0000">1000 rounds</span></span></span> , 3 guns, 3 days of shooting. Shooting from a zipline and a golf cart also
grin.gif
</div></div>
1000 rounds? Holy crap! How many of each type?

Ironman info

Clip....
With creative and challenging stage designs, high round counts, and a great RO crew the IRONMAN is truly a unique match. The match includes 10 or more stages, an 900+ round count (if the shooter doesn't miss), and EVERY stage requires the use of all 3 guns. The Ironman is an intense test of both shooter and equipment, not to mention it is a blast! Over 3 days, the participants will shoot from the back of a moving vehicle, while driving a golf cart, from the top of a 20 ft tower, and while carrying a dummy. Every stage has a 10 minute time limit and the average time spent shooting on EACH stage is about 7 minutes. Needless to say these shooters are serious about their game and greatly appreciate support from companies who enable shooting sports.

link
http://mgmironman.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, its a 3gun match with a little long range rifle thrown in also. Should be alot of fun.... <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #FF0000">1000 rounds</span></span></span> , 3 guns, 3 days of shooting. Shooting from a zipline and a golf cart also
grin.gif
</div></div>
1000 rounds? Holy crap! How many of each type?</div></div>

Just over 300 per rifle, shotgun, and pistol. There are some stages that have 28 slugs in addition to rifle and pistol. This is of course if you don't miss. Us newbies are bringing extra ammo. The stage diagrams are on the website. Its going to be alot of fun.

We are bringing the helmet cam and a normal video camera also. Should have to good footage to show when we get back and Jesse gets it uploaded.

I went to their website, it looks like an epic match. they are looking for RSO's for the match and if you RSO apparently you shoot the match for free. I think I'll try and get in on this one next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, its a 3gun match with a little long range rifle thrown in also. Should be alot of fun.... <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #FF0000">1000 rounds</span></span></span> , 3 guns, 3 days of shooting. Shooting from a zipline and a golf cart also
grin.gif
</div></div>
1000 rounds? Holy crap! How many of each type?</div></div>

Just over 300 per rifle, shotgun, and pistol. There are some stages that have 28 slugs in addition to rifle and pistol. This is of course if you don't miss. Us newbies are bringing extra ammo. The stage diagrams are on the website. Its going to be alot of fun.</div></div>

Holy shit you are going to need a wheelbarrow to carry all that shit with you. just the ammo alone is going to weigh 100lbs. but seriously that sounds like a ridiculous amount of fun. i may have to look into this one for next year. can't wait to see the footage.

You guys will need a new tactical rucksack ...

with <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">WHEELS!</span></span>
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys will need a new tactical rucksack ...

with <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">WHEELS!</span></span>
laugh.gif
</div></div>

We have one....its called a Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI!

Well after months and months of waiting, saving, buying a part, changing my mind on the stock, saving some more, waiting, and so on she showed up today!

IMG-20110603-00013.jpg

IMG-20110603-00015.jpg

And after I zero, I do believe I just may be ready to join in the reindeer games. If you guys think you can handle another new guy when it comes to long range shooting?

Too bad. We should have high temps, mass mirage, & wind. a good time. Better than 35, no mirage, & blowing 20...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys will need a new tactical rucksack ...

laugh.gif
</div></div>

We have one....its called a Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI! </div></div>
Yes, but how do you strap that to your back and carry it for the repelling and zip line?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad. We should have high temps, mass mirage, & wind. a good time. Better than 35, no mirage, & blowing 20... </div></div>
Bigwheels, what area of the state are you shooting in this weekend?

Man! I wish I didn't have drill this weekend. This sucks! I would love to be out shooting with you guys tomorrow. Where are you going?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad. We should have high temps, mass mirage, & wind. a good time. Better than 35, no mirage, & blowing 20... </div></div>
Bigwheels, what area of the state are you shooting in this weekend? </div></div>
I'll be in my usual AO.(Acme. North of Sedro Wooley) Can't get to my alternate places 'till some snow pack melts off. I am getting tired of the same old tgt's tho, but with diesel still running @ 4.20+/gal...

Out of curiosity is anyone else going to the CCP/magpul dynamics precision rifle course this month? Its17-19 out in Yakima? I thought at least one other guy from on here was going.

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt"> <span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-weight: bold">OUTSTANDING day for shooting in far eastern Washington. Not a cloud in the sky, light breeze...I better step out the door and send a few downrange while it's in the 50's, I'll play with mirage later this afternoon. Now get out and shoot! Wooh!</span></span> </span> </span>

it was pretty nice on the wet side today too. A couple of us got some rounds out to 850 today. It got a little warm but it was a pleasant change from being wet! BTW clay pigeons are not so easy to hit at 850.

Arrrgh! I need a PLRF! I decided to try my ELR tgt today in heavy mirage, & gusting winds. So I set up, got GPS cord's, & went to the FFP. Spent about 1/2 hr watching the wind, & taking GPS cord's, etc. GPS cord's say it's @ 1940yd, so finally I get behind the rifle with 79 1/4 moa, & 4 1/5 moa R wind. Wait for the wind to be right, & send it... Dead center mass, but 1 moa low!
cry.gif
I'm stoked, so I send another, & can't see where it hit's. Send another... Center, & 1 moa low. I come up 1 moa, & send 5 more, & can't see where they hit. I close down shop, & drive back over to the tgt, & wouldn't you know it. 3 hits! 2 almost touching, just left, & low of center, & 1 right between the runnin lights. turns out that the tgt was actually 1950, & my GPS wasn't accurate enough. Coulda had a CCB hit @ 1950yd today!
[img:left]
0604011505.jpg
[/img]

Nice shooting Bigwheels, but watching the wind for a half hour??? Man, I think I would have looked at and sent a few rounds just to test it. LOL, and I'm sure my target wouldn't have had any hits either. LOL
SScott

Nice Jeff! Great wind call!! That's some serious shootin'! What are you shootin'?

Ryan

Thanks guys. Sorry, but I had to brag.
grin.gif
Too bad I didn't have anyone up there to witness it, & I forgot my camcorder too.
blush.gif

As for the stick, It's my 300WM.
Montana Rifle Co 1999 with 28" Krieger 1:10tw. Muscle Brake
NXS 5.5-22 X 56 NP-R1
225gr Hornady HPBT @ 2865fps.
I am absolutely falling in love with these bullets. They just FLY! So Tribe, you need to get up here, & buy my Berger's so I can get some more of these. JK.
whistle.gif

I may go back tomorrow to see if I can do it again with video, & hope it's not as windy. Couldn't hear the gong over the wind, & couldn't see for the mirage. I did get a little sun burnt tho, so we'll see.

Man... you keep that up, I may tell you to keep 'em.... and get me some 225's!!!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man... you keep that up, I may tell you to keep 'em.... and get me some 225's!!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>
NOOOO! MINE! MINE! MINE!!!
grin.gif

Can you make the 7/2 date work?

Nice Shooting bigwheels! And Thanks Daps for takin me out there yesterday. That was a great time. And I agree about those clay pigeons. Definitely fun watching them turn to dust though!

Nice shooting Wheels. Have you completely quit using 208/210's? What's the difference in your new dope @ say 750/1000/1500 with the 225's? Much flatter/less drift? I only got to shoot a little at 400 yesterday, but will hopefully stretch that out today.

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="font-weight: bold">I need a second job to suppport this habit!</span></span>
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shooting Wheels. Have you completely quit using 208/210's? What's the difference in your new dope @ say 750/1000/1500 with the 225's? Much flatter/less drift? I only got to shoot a little at 400 yesterday, but will hopefully stretch that out today.

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="font-weight: bold">I need a second job to suppport this habit!</span></span>
laugh.gif
</div></div>
I'm still using the A Max for "short ramge" stuff, & general plinking.
The 225's are almost as flat shooting as the 208's. About 1-2 clicks apart until they get past about 1200yd. Then the 225's have them beat by 1 moa @ 2K. They also carry the load better too. The 225's still have over 1000#/ft of energy @ 1250yd in a std. atmos.
I need to get up there in the early morning, & take a vid of that range. On a calmer day when it's quiet, I've been able to hear the gong out there. About 10sec after the shot!(Actually about 8.5sec)
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whiskeytangofox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is an insane amount of flight time.
crazy.gif
</div></div>
Yeah, the bullet is in the air for over 3.5sec, & the sound takes about 5sec to get back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man... you keep that up, I may tell you to keep 'em.... and get me some 225's!!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>
NOOOO! MINE! MINE! MINE!!!
grin.gif

Can you make the 7/2 date work? </div></div>
Possibly... it's open right now... but I am going to be gone for a long weekend, the week before... I'll have to play that one carefully with the war dept....
wink.gif

Hey Guys,

I am very proud to say that this SHWW thread, and the group of shooters it's brought together, has far exceeded my expectations! With Tribe's initiative and Our enthusiasm, we have managed to accomplish quite a bit.

In that respect, I think we have "outgrown" a single thread.

I have spoken/PM'd with some fellow SHWWer's about the possibility of a group buy for HAZMAT related purchases. Powder and primers are a lot easier to afford when that $20 fee is split between a bunch of folks, verses the single reloader.

So, I'm going to start a "SHWW Powder & Primers Group Purchases" thread under the group buys section. I'm not in dire need of anything right now, but I'm sure that down the road us reloaders will be needing resupplies and looking for reduced costs.

Your thoughts on this will be appreciated. If there is a lack of interest, no worries.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daps!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was pretty nice on the wet side today too. A couple of us got some rounds out to 850 today. It got a little warm but it was a pleasant change from being wet! BTW clay pigeons are not so easy to hit at 850. </div></div>

Daps, where did you go this weekend?

That's a great idea man! SS Scott & I just loaded up not to long ago... But I'm all over this on next refill....

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Sounds good Ranger!</span></span> I think with this active group, we could easily get a HUGE order together and go over 200 pounds with a wholesale distributor (Powder Valley perhaps), and get free shipping to boot. WOOOH! Might be a pain to get distributed though.
wink.gif
I'd be in for a jug or two I think-(will start working on the accountant now).</span>

Let me know when you want to do an order and I'll throw my request in. I guess it's never a bad time to stock up.

I haven't started reloading yet, but I did get the press a little while ago, so if I can get some pointers on powder and primers, I think I'd be in on the buy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captnmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daps!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was pretty nice on the wet side today too. A couple of us got some rounds out to 850 today. It got a little warm but it was a pleasant change from being wet! BTW clay pigeons are not so easy to hit at 850. </div></div>

Daps, where did you go this weekend? </div></div>
I got a spot up in capital forest that I shoot pretty regularly. If you weren't at drill this weekend you could have rang some steel!