• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> </span> <span style="font-size: 14pt"> Have a good Thanksgiving holiday and safe travels for those that are on the road.</span> </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'd say be prepared to shoot anywhere from 25-700yds from varying positions and varying levels of stability.</div></div>

Key phrase there. Jesse's devious and can build stuff; anybody remember the wobbler carbine platform at the Plumber's Cup? That was all Jesse.

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Well, the "series" that I'm planning will be only the monthly matches held at Wenatchee at this time as I know that can and will be able to happen. Next Monday I'll propose the plan at the BOD meeting and get things finalized. Right now it looks like we'll take an individual's best 5 scores to count towards the series points race. Winner of the match will get 100 points, all positions below get a % of that based on their score. So far, we've got enough people to have at least a small match on Jan 1, so that'll be the first one. I hope to have a complete schedule by mid December...just in case I have to shift things around from the 1st Sunday of the month due to other planned events.

This is not going to be the typical "match" that gets put on in this area. There will be more of a mix of shorter range precision stuff and positional shooting, just due to the range layout and the ability to run multiple shooters at the same time to keep the match times down. We'll still have some longer steel stages that will be out to around 700yds, but at this time that is the max range. I'd say be prepared to shoot anywhere from 25-700yds from varying positions and varying levels of stability. I'll try to keep you guys updated as this evolves. </div></div>

Please keep me in the loop on this and where we need to sign-up. Thanks...

just over two weeks till go time boys try and get some good practice in this weekend. practice mag changes and moving positions quickly your gonna need it.

Question for all you semi-auto guys. I'm getting my DPMS LR 308 together for comps. It's scoped up, & when the weather clears enough I have my 1st 208 A Max loads ready for testing. Last thing is a trigger. What do you recommend?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question for all you semi-auto guys. I'm getting my DPMS LR 308 together for comps. It's scoped up, & when the weather clears enough I have my 1st 208 A Max loads ready for testing. Last thing is a trigger. What do you recommend?</div></div>

JP, Geissele, Timney for drop ins. Defensive Edge if you want to tune your own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question for all you semi-auto guys. I'm getting my DPMS LR 308 together for comps. It's scoped up, & when the weather clears enough I have my 1st 208 A Max loads ready for testing. Last thing is a trigger. What do you recommend? </div></div>

Hey Jeff,
If you need to get a Geissele trigger, let me know since I'm a Geissele dealer. I have quite a few of them in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just over two weeks till go time boys try and get some good practice in this weekend. practice mag changes and moving positions quickly your gonna need it. </div></div>

Hey Scott, are you still planning to have sunday as a non-prize shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just over two weeks till go time boys try and get some good practice in this weekend. practice mag changes and moving positions quickly your gonna need it. </div></div>

Hey Scott, are you still planning to have sunday as a non-prize shoot?</div></div>

yes thats the plan only $25 just to help pay for steel and new barracades.

Jeff, you thinking single or two stage on your DPMS. Just FYI, I bought a two stage for my AR and really couldn't use to it so I went back to the single stage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just over two weeks till go time boys try and get some good practice in this weekend. practice mag changes and moving positions quickly your gonna need it. </div></div>

Hey Scott, are you still planning to have sunday as a non-prize shoot?</div></div>

yes thats the plan only $25 just to help pay for steel and new barracades. </div></div>

Very cool, looking forward to it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeff, you thinking single or two stage on your DPMS. Just FYI, I bought a two stage for my AR and really couldn't use to it so I went back to the single stage. </div></div>
Yeah. I'm thinking a single stage as I don't like any take up in my triggers. being so used to my custom adjusted Win 70 triggers.

Jeff, I orginally bought a RRA 2 stage trigger, not bad value for money, but I couldn't get used to it, then I took my original trigger and sent it off to Bill Springfield for a 3lb trigger job and I have never looked back. Geiselle and Timney have really stellar reviews, they aren't cheap but either one is hard to beat.

Happy turkey day gang!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happy turkey day gang!
grin.gif
</div></div>
Amen! To all, a great Turkey Day and a safe and happy weekend!

I hope all your dinners were filling and and all your hearts are warmed this thanksgiving!!!

God bless

Jake

I was all ticked today, just pulled the bird out, all nice and ready to go and then I get called to work, spend the next 9 hours fixing broken people. Argh...
Then on my drive home I am very thankful to have a job... a good job that I like doesn't have the best hours sometimes but I have a good job. Now I am home with my Family! Thanks Veterans for fighting for us!

Hi folks! Checking in from the Snoqualmie Valley on the east side of Puget Sound. I've been on the site for a few months and have finally managed to find this thread - wow, what a great resource! A little about me:

I'm an experienced pistol and carbine shooter, but finally got the precision/long range bug earlier this year. I've been studying external ballistics, working through the training here on the site and get out to Cascade in Ravensdale with my precision rig as often as I can (not often enough). I'm having a great time and re-learning a lot of fundamentals, and I'm anxious to start stretching my legs at longer distances.

It's great to see how much activity there is around here, and I'll be on the look-out for chances to meet up any time.

squinty,

What part of the valley? I was raised there. I lived in Duvall before they got their first stop light and moved away shortly after...before they moved Big Rock Road. I miss it dearly, but I drove through there recently and it looks like a totally different town. Sad but still sort of neat to see it "all growed up" and to show my wife and young girls where daddy caused a ruckus when I was young.

Mutt,
I'm a little ways outside of Carnation, which thankfully hasn't exploded like Duvall has the last few years. But it's nice to have a 'big city' so close to do our shoppin' :).

Welcome to SHWW. I have a place up north around Acme where I shoot often. Ranges can be as long as 1300yd, or even over a mile when I want. I've introduced the place to many on here, & was holding anual competetitions up there too. (I might again)
PM me if you want to come up, & shoot.

Hello SHWW shooters!

Been on other projects for a long while...here is a simple list of changes:
-Firearms include 12ga H&R, Ruger 10/22 and my Ruger P94 40S&W...no centerfire rifles at all
-No longer employed with NC Machinery, I was laid off after 7 years
-Started my own Mobile Repair Buisness
-Had a baby boy three months early!! He is in Swedish NICU untill Feburary

So just a quick "hello" and checking in to say I am alive and kicking.

Few pictures:

Alden James Oakes born 27 weeks 6 days at 1lb 15oz
---getting the jaundice treatment with lamp----
FighterPilot.jpg

He is in incubator and can't be handled yet but this Beanie Baby toy fits his diapers perfectly!

Photo0910.jpg

He is healthy considering he is out three months early, my wife ruptured and his heart rate was dipping so they puled him out!

Once my buisness becomes profitable (2 years hopefully) I will be back into the long gun game again.

Don't forget to be Thankful for what you get no matter what it is...anyone that wants to contact me feel free to email me at [email protected] since I don't get on the Hide much anymore.

Hey Big Joe!

Prayers are with you, your wife, and that little rascal... Congrats on your new family!

Soon enough, it's going to be your new "best friend in training", riding around on your shoulders, instead of that beanie baby!
grin.gif

Congrats Joe. Good to hear from you again. Hope everything goes well, & we can get together for some Sol-Duc action soon.

Congrats Joe, I hope you get back in the rifle game soon too!

Anyone interested in going to the Seahawks game against the eagles this Thursday night? I have four tickets I would love to sell and could use the money for diapers!!!! Thats a true statement.

Anyway, four tickets

section 305. row s or something like that. Great seats. I think face value is something like $85. I am actually not sure on that. I would let them go for face value though. They are probably worth double that.

Let me know. I can print off tickets for you or one night express them over to your house. Either way. Thought i would let you guys have first crack. Thanks for your consideration.

Jake

TSI, where are the details for your match??? I dug around your posts and I can't find a definite time, location or what kind of rifle I need to bring...

TSI's next match is in Ellensburg, on the 10th-11th, & there are no Magnums. I think you should be there by 08:00 for sign in, etc.
I've been trying to get my DPMS ready for comps, but isn't going to happen by then, & I can't make it anyway, so maybe next one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
photo-6.jpg
1911fan </div></div>
The Hangover Part 3?

Hey guys. I have decided to get rid of some loading stuff I'll no longer need.
I have decided to switch to 155gr A Max with H4895 for my DPMS so I have 2# of unopened Varget kept in the fridge, & 5 unopened boxes of 208 A Max that need to go.
Will trade for H4895,&/or 155 A max. Or Hornady 30cal 225 HPBT.(can't have too many of those)
Or say $20.00/# for the Varget, & $25.00/box for the 208 A max.
It turns out that I MIGHT be able to get over for TSI's match on the 10-11th, & could meet up then to barter.

I'll take the 2 pounds of Varget at $20 each. I'll PM some contact info. My armory room in the new house is starting to come together, so I should plan ahead....

any hide members living in or near the Walla Walla area? If so PM me, i got some questions for ya.

Just dropping a line to say hello. New to LR shooting. I am working on the first bolt action and scope purchase now, and look forward to advice in the future from some locals.

I have a tip to contribute as well for any of you who hit up Cabela's in Lacey. Buy some gift cards at Safeway for the dollar amount you plan to spend at Cabela's that day. They are giving 4x gas rewards and they sometimes give you 10 dollar off coupons on your next trip. When I purchased my RCBS press last week I ended up getting a dollar off per gallon and 40 dollars off my next trip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
photo-17.jpg

1911fan </div></div>

Looks like the guy who carried the baby around in the first Hangover movie.