• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What velocity are you expecting from the 115s, and what barrel length?</div></div>

I will probably be running the factory ammo Copper Creek makes which pushes 115dtac @ 3175 out of 27" barrel, however i ordered 2 28" benchmark barrels yesterday. </div></div>
That'll need some deep pockets.... $37.00 a box Yikes!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least I won't be the only one burning up barrels!</div></div>

thats funny thats why we each ordered two so we would be assured we have enough to get through the season.

the brass is only $76/100 thats not expensive for formed annealed brass. I am working on a sponsorship deal with him possibly. He is for sure going to donate to the prize table for FSC 2012!!

Scott, go fast or go home, I see now how wrong I have been all these years, a 6mm AI on steroids. Jim love the pictures, would that lever action match be restricted to rifles shooting a pistol caliber, I so I am in.

Hey Marty, Is the Bill Springfiled you mentioned for AR triggers out of Colorado? Have a cheap lower with an atrocious trigger that I might send to him. Want to make sure it's the guy I found on thru google.

Bigwheels,

I have a DPMS LR308 with the complete JP trigger group including the JP spring kit in it. If you want to try it out, I can bring it up your way when we go out shooting. The you can just mount my lower onto your rifle and try it out.

I did swap out the standard A2 stock on my lower for an A1 stock. That way, I got the length of pull to be the same as on an AR15, rather than the 14.5 or 14.75 length of pull on the standard DPMS LR308's. My arms just aren't long enough to be comfortable with that long of a length of pull, so I changed things to fit me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bigwheels,

I have a DPMS LR308 with the complete JP trigger group including the JP spring kit in it. If you want to try it out, I can bring it up your way when we go out shooting. The you can just mount my lower onto your rifle and try it out.

I did swap out the standard A2 stock on my lower for an A1 stock. That way, I got the length of pull to be the same as on an AR15, rather than the 14.5 or 14.75 length of pull on the standard DPMS LR308's. My arms just aren't long enough to be comfortable with that long of a length of pull, so I changed things to fit me. </div></div>

That would be great. Bring it up.
I looked at the guy in the link. $56.00 sounds like a real good price. Could you tell me how much creep there is in his worked trigger? As in, does it sort of turn it into a 2 stage with a little bit of creep just before the break, or what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least I won't be the only one burning up barrels!</div></div>

cant wait to see your new one, especially since with less case volume you are getting better velocities than i will be miraculously. Do you have any pics of the little sweetheart to share with the class for show and tell?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do you have any pics of the little sweetheart to share with the class for show and tell? </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 11pt"> Speaking of pics, <span style="color: #CC33CC"><span style="font-weight: bold">TeamNewBoobies (*)(*)</span> </span> </span> I nominate you for salesman of the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least I won't be the only one burning up barrels!</div></div>

cant wait to see your new one, especially since with less case volume you are getting better velocities than i will be miraculously. Do you have any pics of the little sweetheart to share with the class for show and tell? </div></div>

Only 1.5gr case capacity difference. I would guess in a 30+" barrel, there would be a small difference, but it wouldn't be much. There is a little more to my design than just case capacity....the key lies in the chamber itself, not the case design.

wife wouldn't even consider pics of that and its not happening for a few months anyways.

travis is just toying with us with all the vague info on his new 6mm rocket ship. i damn sure am not going to run a 30" barrel mines not for f class. i even struggled ordering them at finish length of 28" but i wanted maximum performance

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well without further ado i give you the 6mm crusader. The caliber that is made for those of us who are handicapped when it comes to reading the wind accurately.

115 in 243 win , compared to 115 in 6mm crusader

355889323.jpg
</div></div>
that is the "anti-.308" if there ever was one! Those screaming demons are going to hit the steel at "Oh SHIT!" feet per second!
laugh.gif

Jeff, I had no creep in the trigger Bill did you for me, in fact I think it actually got better after a few hundred rounds.

Scott.... Is there, like, a little notch/rim right at the top of the neck? Or is that just a reflection in the photo?

Travis... More importantly, what will it be called? I was very interested in a 6xWTF... ....inquiring minds want to know!
grin.gif

Jeff, I had no creep in the trigger Bill did you for me, in fact I think it actually got better after a few hundred rounds.

those little super fast bullets actually do more damage to steel than anything else. Speed kills steel.

Are you for sure shooting those 115 DTAC's scott? Those are awesome bullets. The ones I shot in your 6x47 lapua we flying pretty fast too. Awesome ballistics out to about 1300 yards!!!

jake have you ever shot your own rifle in a match. You have an addiction to guys named scott's rifle mine twice and scott m in the last one.

its true brother, I actually have a 6mm crusader as well and I am try to save the barrel!!!
laugh.gif

^^^ Now that's funny.... Is this rifle currently in your possession... or in route to GAP?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its true brother, I actually have a 6mm crusader as well and I am try to save the barrel!!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I can tell you one thing for sure my trg will not be up for lone sorry

I wish they made a TRG in lefty! I think that would be the ultimate rifle if that was the case...

That looks like a pretty serious caliber,... It'll be interesting to see what that'll do,... How many rounds do you think you'll get out of a barrel?

Ry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott.... Is there, like, a little notch/rim right at the top of the neck? Or is that just a reflection in the photo?

Travis... More importantly, what will it be called? I was very interested in a 6xWTF... ....inquiring minds want to know!
grin.gif
</div></div>

The 6WTF seems to be working fine so far as well. We don't have alot of rounds on them yet, but they worked well all last year at matches. They just run the 105's faster than most of the matches allow, so we are going to see what they will do with 115 Dtacs. Not sure what to call this one yet...probably 243 Rogue or something. This experimenting with cases and throat designs is kinda fun actually!

Hippy, keep an eye on this thread, good group of shooters here. You'll see info about shoots on a regular basis.

Mike

Hey Bigwheels,
My OBR has a Geissele SSA and I've also got an LMT 2-stage match somewhere I could throw into my 5.56 SPR. I know you're looking for a single stage but I've really come around to 2-stage in a semi for a few reasons. If you want to try them out side by side with Unknown's gun I'd be overjoyed for the chance to meet up.

Sure. I'm thinking about a day after the 1st of the year. I'll get a hold of you, & unknown then, & we'll get together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure. I'm thinking about a day after the 1st of the year. I'll get a hold of you, & unknown then, & we'll get together. </div></div>

Let me know when you do and I can bring mine which is single stage for you and get some shooting time in as well, lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mkollman74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyhting ever get finalized for the shoots at NCW? </div></div>

Been wondering this myself. Don't think I'll make the January shoot, coming back from Christmas in AK. on the 31st and get in late to SEA. but hope to be there in Feb.

Hey guys, about the NCW monthly matches.....

The plan is slowly going ahead and I'm still planning on having a Jan. 1 match. The details aren't finalized yet, but the basics will be:
1. Approx 50 COF
2. Club membership required for all competitors (1/2 off first match fee with membership purchase)
3. Ranges will be 25-700yds
4. Mix of paper and steel with plenty of props to shoot from
5. Cost will be $20 per shooter per match
6. Series standings will consist of top 4 scores for a shooter

All the finer details are still being worked out, and I'm in the process of setting up a form for an email list. I'll keep you posted!

Club membership is $65 per year at the moment. So right now, the first match will either cost you $20 if you're a member, or $75 for non members.

The benefits of having the shooters be members are that it drastically reduces my liability, increases club participation, and gives you shooters the ability to come and go as you please.

JTP and I are getting together tonight to work on the Findlay Cup and will probably hash out a few of the details for this as well so I should have more information tonight/tomorrow.

Not to change the subject but just so everyone knows i am going to open up registration to

<span style="font-size: 20pt">FSC spring 2012 Jan 2 to Jan 4 to shww members. After that i will be opening it up to the general public in the competition section.</span>

link to details
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2962539#Post2962539

I will need

<span style="font-size: 20pt">Full Name, Mailing address, email, phone #, & t shirt size, caliber of rifle (if known), funds check/mo/cash</span>

I will be posting a list of shooters as they are received in the competition section so you can see who will be there.

JLR that sounds great ! Looking forward to going to some and getting on the email list.

Scott do we have to wait or can we send our info now, that and the chances of it not filling up in 8 days are about slim to none lol.