• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

well if this helps answer any questions here is the current lineup

tsi reserved for sponsor
tsi reserved for sponsor
Chris Reid
ron sinnema
Barry Graber
nate graber
keith swain
Shawn Seim
Ryan Berg
Jake Vibbert
Jason Aubin
Matt Kollman
alan harper
Brian Pence
Matt Medearis
Eric Blais
Travis Redell
Michael Sprague
Craig Crisafulli
Laurel Crisafulli
Mike Wytko
Mike Collinge
Nick Setting
Craig E. Dibble
James Thomas (JD)
BK chilton
tyler hauan
Dan P Ecker
Mike
Lucas Beitner
John Mcafee
Chad McKnight
Adam Breedlove
Joe Crisafulli
Pat Mullady
Marty harris
Hany Veletanlic
Tony Rabino
pearl
Carl Taylor

Yeah.... Don't get me wrong.... Guys like Ron at Benchmark have generously supported all of these local matches.... And I know anyone who has shot one of his barrels is VERY greatful for that!

I am just trying to publicly tell our local MD types... Please don't get wrapped around the axle about it.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well its close enough to midnight so i will go ahead and open up the registration for FSC 2012 SPRING

FSC 2012 SPRING REGISTRATION </div></div>

Hope I got in! Just got back from the back and forth to B-ham taking the college girl back... please!!!

Hi All,

Being without a suitable gun, but intrigued, I tagged along with Rover31 to TSI's December match to see what you guys are all about. I'm happy to report that as a result of that match I now have a gun. I'm chomping at the bit to get out there are start learning, but had part of my elbow replaced last week due to a little enduro incident this August. All that to say, I'll be trolling on here until I'm fit for duty, but wanted to say hi.

Also, I just noticed Rover31s plea above. Maybe you'll let him in for his good marketing efforts
smile.gif

Glad to know there are other gun nuts out there. Long range stuff is one of the few things I can still do until my elbow improves. Very glad to have found all of you to do it with. Hope to see you on the range.

Jordan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mkollman74</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it full yet? Sure seemed to fill up fast. Glad you made it in Matt. </div></div>

Thanks, man. Will you be there? </div></div>

I'll be there!

Just want to add my thanks to Scott for putting this together. I've said before, I go to shoot against myself and hopefully do better than I have done in previous matches and to try and learn what I can from all the folks that attend. Not there to win prizes but I'm very thankful to all the sponsors. I'm also very thankful to the folks who have volunteered as RO's etc.

Good to hear we have more new shooters the more the better.

I agree with Chad's stance on prizes. While I'm grateful to any sponsor who donates stuff, and I'm always happy to pull stuff off a prize table, I'd still happily shoot the matches even if there were no prizes.

Messaged Frank last night and Snipers Hide will have something on the prize table to pick from !
He'll be sending it to you Scott.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Messaged Frank last night and Snipers Hide will have something on the prize table to pick from !
He'll be sending it to you Scott.</div></div>

this should be interesting, can't wait to see what little surprise this might entail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shit,
Bad time to be away from the Hide for a few days, it looks like I'm on the waiting list.
See you all there, wether I'm shooting or helping.
SScott </div></div>

tim & scott don't worry to much i even though you guys are on the waiting list i am sure you will slide in. Even though I would love to have you as an RO again!

Scott please put me on the waiting list as well. I can't confirm til the week of but maybe some guys will have to slip out at last notice. Thanks.

Whew! What a day, I thought Christmas came only once a year...
Today my new barrel showed up in the brown truck and I have a pm saying I'm in for TSIs match!!! Can you believe it?
I feel like Buddy when he sees Santa, all smiley and warm!

Travis

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Just so you guys no my matches are and will continue to be about shooters enjoyment of the cof. I just don't have the time to really search out sponsors for our matches, I put most of my time/energy into the props and cof. My focus it to have reasonable priced matches that every shooter will enjoy, and yet be challenging enough that everybody will learn something about there particular skill set every time they come out. I am and always will be open to suggestions on how to improve things.

thanks,

scott </div></div>

I really like the way you are approaching this Scott!

I think the line were you are saying that your focus is to have reasonable priced matches that every shooter will enjoy is Key.

I know I don't have a bunch of money being a youth pastor so I sincerely appreciate that. I know this match is a little more the than past matches but I hope you stay true to that. There are lots of matches out there in the $100 plus range and honestly that really hurts the pocket!!! I am liking the $40 to $50 matches.

Thanks for all the hard work on your end. I will be more than happy to donate some AR500 steel to the prize table come match time!!

Jake,

Part of the reason the price increase was due to the fact the shirts are now included which used to be $20. The other factor is that i am building some new props to play with and that takes both time and money neither of which do i have a lot of. I will strive to keep the matches under $100 and don't think it will be a problem.

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Also I would like to do some type of fundraiser for camp patriot (www.camppatriot.org) so if any of you guys have ideas on a product you would be interested in let me know and i will order some up and have 100% of the profits go towards camp patriot. I can't thank the soldiers enough that are willing to put there lives on the line so that we can live the lifestyle we do.</span>

We could sell hats, maybe a fundraiser dinner if you guys interested, or just plain donations, but they damn sure deserve it.

I also enjoy the $20-$40 matches, with the smaller matches i have more fun, time to talk to buddies, check out other's gear and have time to figure out what i did wrong & after a stage guys will fill you in on where i was missing ( i run a 4.5x14 on the DPMS / seeing misses at the longer ranges suck sometimes
smile.gif
)

Local matches don't take a lot of gas $$ or overnight motels $$ ( i know some of you do travel further ) ( for Wenatchee area shoots, i have a extra room/bed if needed )

And Very thankful to all the sponsors. (it's a very good way to get products into the hands of shooters & then shooters will promote the products) I'm also very thankful to the folks who have volunteered as RO's also.

Also guys make sure to mark your calendar because i bet this match fills up in a matter of minutes!!!

We have a date picked out for the 2012 North Central Washington Findlay Cup.
This 2 day event will be held March 24th and 25th of 2012.
This is an individual match with a limit of 60 competitors.
I will be updating this post and the web site( linked below) as information becomes avalible. Sign up dates to be posted in the near future.
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Sign up 9AM 1-21-12 PT We will have an on line sign up link as we get to the wire on this.</span>
http://www.findlaycup.net/

One thing most people don't understand is the time involved in putting on a match. If you want to keep the cost down and the competitor numbers up, GET INVOLVED!! Find out when there are work party's, whom you call call for sponsorship, show up a day before to help set up, find that friend that does T-shirts for the better price, FOLLOW THROUGH with what you promise. That is my number one headache, people promising to help and not following though. Too far to swing by, call and find out what you can do , who you can call to help move things along.
This is why I'm ROing at Scott's match, well that and he won't team me up like I asked. Other wise I'd just win it for the pure hell of it.
Here, this number will get you a match director that can always use your help:
509-884-1000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One thing most people don't understand is the time involved in putting on a match. If you want to keep the cost down and the competitor numbers up, GET INVOLVED!! Find out when there are work party's, whom you call call for sponsorship, show up a day before to help set up, find that friend that does T-shirts for the better price, FOLLOW THROUGH with what you promise. That is my number one headache, people promising to help and not following though. Too far to swing by, call and find out what you can do , who you can call to help move things along.
This is why I'm ROing at Scott's match, well that and he won't team me up like I asked. Other wise I'd just win it for the pure hell of it.
509-884-1000</div></div>

It'll be way more fun harassing people though! I should be available to RO as well. If I was as confident as JTP about winning I might have to shoot in it though....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This is why I'm ROing at Scott's match, <span style="font-size: 14pt">well that and he won't team me up like I asked</span>. Other wise I'd just win it for the pure hell of it.
</div></div>

It just felt wierd promising you that you and JLR could shoot in the same squad wearing nothing but your boots/ass-less chaps/under armour shirts. However when i told Daniel P Ecker about this he did get a little excited and asked to be in the squad with you.

Also don't forget about the vagisil award for the match it is real and you won't be allowed to shoot in the next match if you don't bring it back to go to the next winner. Side note remember Jim and Jesse are both going to be RO's so you may not want to piss them off or you may be going home with a tube of vagisil!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It just felt wierd promising you that you and JLR could shoot in the same squad wearing nothing but your boots/ass-less chaps/under armour shirts. However when i told Daniel P Ecker about this he did get a little excited and asked to be in the squad with you.

Also don't forget about the vagisil award for the match it is real and you won't be allowed to shoot in the next match if you don't bring it back to go to the next winner. Side note remember Jim and Jesse are both going to be RO's so you may not want to piss them off or you may be going home with a tube of vagisil!!</div></div>

Hey, he must not have told you they were multicam?? That may have made all the difference!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One thing most people don't understand is the time involved in putting on a match. If you want to keep the cost down and the competitor numbers up, GET INVOLVED!! Find out when there are work party's, whom you call call for sponsorship, show up a day before to help set up, find that friend that does T-shirts for the better price, FOLLOW THROUGH with what you promise. That is my number one headache, people promising to help and not following though. Too far to swing by, call and find out what you can do , who you can call to help move things along.

509-884-1000 </div></div>

Jim your PM box is full.

Any of you MD's need help setting up a match PM or call me, i am always willing to help out when i can.

so true multicam chaps would be hilarious

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Also don't forget about the vagisil award for the match it is real and you won't be allowed to shoot in the next match if you don't bring it back to go to the next winner. Side note remember Jim and Jesse are both going to be RO's so you may not want to piss them off or you may be going home with a tube of vagisil!!</div></div>

Hey, he must not have told you they were multicam?? That may have made all the difference!!</div></div>

Hey Guys,
New here, just read the first post that said jump in..so I am. I live in Bellingham but work over seas, I won't be home for a couple of months but wanted to at least introduce myself. What I don't know about long range shooting you can just about cram into the Grand Canyon but I am excited to learn and reading posts on the hide helps me fill my down time. I have a rifle being built and it should be ready by the time I get home (fingers crossed).
Anyway glad you guys have a group on the wet side, and I hope to hook up at some point.

Welcome aboard Kabul, great group of shooters on this thread. Looks like you and I are two of the few far north guys, I work in B'ham and live in Blaine. Hope you're home safe and sound soon.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some one on here was selling a Rem 700 short action.
Is it still around?
Jim </div></div>

tak to that 1911fan guy I thought he was, could be wrong... short action? I thought all the rage was long action stuff? am I wrong?
T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rover31</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some one on here was selling a Rem 700 short action.
Is it still around?
Jim </div></div>

tak to that 1911fan guy I thought he was, could be wrong... short action? I thought all the rage was long action stuff? am I wrong?
T </div></div>
Nope, it was a 308 bolt face. 1911 had a .223 BF
Thanks tho

Thanks for the welcome Mike, I won't be home for a while but I am here by choice (I am not in the military) and am fairly safe as far is goes.
I am interested in being able to shoot longer ranges-I think the Custer range only goes to 200, I used to shoot there for IPSC and Tac Rifle I'm no great shot, just enjoy it as a hobby. It'll be nice to meet some like minded folks and learnthe craft.
Cameron

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kabulpostie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the welcome Mike, I won't be home for a while but I am here by choice (I am not in the military) and am fairly safe as far is goes.
I am interested in being able to shoot longer ranges-I think the Custer range only goes to 200, I used to shoot there for IPSC and Tac Rifle I'm no great shot, just enjoy it as a hobby. It'll be nice to meet some like minded folks and learnthe craft.
Cameron </div></div>

I shoot at Custer myself, 200 mtrs is the longest rifle range. The Plantation rifle range south of Bellingham has a 300 yd range. I've heard of some guys who shoot some where on Sumas mountain out to about 800, need to find out where!

Seems most of the long range shooting is over on the east side of the mountains. Keep your eye on this thread, it'll give you a good idea of what goes on for when you get back.

Mike

When you get back. Pm me & I'll set you up where I shoot out by Acme. It's only an hour away from B ham & I have steel set up out to 1250yd.

I just can't win... I mounted it up, zeroed it in... and now the illumination isn't working. I tried swapping out the battery in hopes that it somehow got bumped on and went dead, but nope. This blows. I'm not waiting another 10 weeks for a warranty repair. F$%k...

Broker,

I feel for you but if rifle and scope problems are the only ones you're having then believe me you are lucky.

On Dec 23rd I had a heart attack.

Today was the first day I ventured back to the range and on the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">11th</span> 9th shot, my rifle blew up in my face. Almost lost my right eye.

I was shooting surplus 7.62x54R ammo when one cartridge blew open at the extractor and sent pieces into my face. I'm none the prettier, that's for sure. I'm lucky that the only damage to my right eye was a couple of broken blood vessels. Otherwise it looks like birdshot in my melon.

If bad things come in three's then I'm fucked for sure ...
sick.gif

FYI - http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...852#Post3024852

<span style="font-weight: bold">DAMN Guys, If it wasn't for bad luck...</span> I sincerely hope that things improve for both of you. Glad you still have your eyesight Scott!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker,

I feel for you but if rifle and scope problems are the only ones you're having then believe me you are lucky.

Today was the first day I ventured back to the range and on the 11th shot, my rifle blew up in my face. Almost lost my right eye.

I was shooting surplus 7.62x54R ammo when one cartridge blew open at the extractor and sent pieces into my face. I'm none the prettier, that's for sure. I'm lucky that the only damage to my right eye was a couple of broken blood vessels. Otherwise it looks like birdshot in my melon.

sick.gif
</div></div>

Damn man... I hope you feel better soon. That sucks...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker,

Today was the first day I ventured back to the range and on the 11th shot, my rifle blew up in my face. Almost lost my right eye.

sick.gif
</div></div>

Glad you did not lose your eye sight! Also sorry to hear about the heart attack. Hope you're getting better.

Were you wearing eye protection? Guessing not. I've always been told to wear eye protection when shooting.

Scott, had read Chad's post on your recent illness, and I am glad to hear you are able to get back shooting. But you recent experience is a lesson everyone should learn from, when shooting wear protective eyewear. I am glad you were, hope someday to see you at a match.
marty

Hey Scott, just want to echo the other comments, very glad the range incident didn't cause serious eye damage. Also very glad you're back up and about after the heart attack. From the glass half full side of the coin you survived both situations, you must be one tough bastard!
laugh.gif

Had a blast at the Wenatchee impromptu tac match. nice turn out for less than a day heads up!
Sorry the mover took a shit, but at least it only screwed Scott and not someone that mattered.
Also found this bag. It looks lost, so if it is yours, PM an address to send it to and I'll get it out tomorrow.
Also if anybody has pictures, post them up please.

Thanks for a fun day!

TabGearrearbag.jpg

Need to put me down on the email list for the impromptu matches, could always use more practice
wink.gif

Today was the first day I ventured back to the range and on the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">11th</span> 9th shot, my rifle blew up in my face. Almost lost my right eye.

sick.gif

FYI - http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...852#Post3024852</div></div>

Damn dude..... Cockroach.....
wink.gif
eek.gif
shocked.gif

Glad you're alright bro.... maybe you should crawl under the bed for a while....

Scott & Jim..... Whoot!

Went to get some practice.... and a spontaneous match combusted!

Thanks guys, that was awesome!