• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

I saw acouple of you with cameras today... Heres a quick snapsht I got before our last match before Scott ran out on me and Ron
smile.gif

du9U8.jpg

I had fun today and nice seeing you all for another beautiful day.

I'm too lazy right now to sift through the photos I took and resize them so I've uploaded the full set here: 01-08-2012 Feel free to copy/use.

Jim, that is my rear bag
frown.gif
Thanks for picking it up.

Gotta say, I really like the pictures. Gives you the flavor of the day.
Pearl, you squeezed the trigger more on your camera than your rifle! good shooting by the way, your second run at the mover was badass.

Scott and Jim -almost to much fun today. Thanks for putting the shoot on on such short notice. Real good time thanks alot.

Does anyone have an person on this side that handles suppressor transfers for a reasonable rate?

Damn guys, that looked fun. I wish I had known about it.
frown.gif

Broker... send a PM to Ryo here on this site. He's not exactly close to Bremerton (he's in Bothell) but I'm sure he'd give you a good deal, and he's easy to work with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn guys, that looked fun. I wish I had known about it.
frown.gif

Broker... send a PM to Ryo here on this site. He's not exactly close to Bremerton (he's in Bothell) but I'm sure he'd give you a good deal, and he's easy to work with. </div></div>

Thanks MG... Thank you to everyone else that gave me some references as well...

Thanks for the offer. Like I said I still have to get home, get the rifle delivered, pick a scope and hm..I am forgetting something..Oh yeah find some skill lying around somewhere
crazy.gif

I'll for sure be keeping an eye on the thread since I am at a very small FOB and the hide is about the only entertainment I have..that and trying to find unblocked websites, stupid Saudi Satellite internet system...

Jim & Scott, thanks for a good get together of fun shooting, you kept the range short so i could really shine
smile.gif

Just like to tell everyone i had a blast and it was good to see all of you again. not a bad deal for typing up the course of fire the night before after a couple beers. What really makes it fun is the people that are there, everyone is happy, willing to help, and just competitive enough to make you want to shoot your best.

Big thanks to Jim for getting the mover going, and all the eastern washington guys for setting up the steel before we got there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim & Scott, thanks for a good get together of fun shooting, you kept the range short so i could really shine
smile.gif
</div></div>

Pat no hostage targets this time?
grin.gif

Let me know the next time you folks get together in the Wenatchee area for an informal shoot- it's a little closer drive than Eburg and I have a free place to stay.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pat no hostage targets this time?
grin.gif
</div></div>

Oh there was one out there.. ask Ron bout it
smile.gif

5" away from the hostage is very do-able for me anything closer, look out
smile.gif
/ did see a fair amount of shots close to the no-shoot when i was on the spotting scope watching the mover.

frown.gif
sad that mover broke, i was hoping the lot of you would have some fun afterwords get some more shots on it.

Does anyone here have the Surefire FA762 can, and if so would they mind meeting up and throwing it on the end of my GAP-10 to send some down range? I want to see how well it works and how much it fouls up with it being DI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
frown.gif
sad that mover broke, i was hoping the lot of you would have some fun afterwords get some more shots on it. </div></div>

Pat is that mover usually over there. After seeing Scott join up over there I started thinking that it wouldnt be a bad idea joning up and getting some practice there, especially if there is a monthly match
smile.gif

No.... Jim and the dry-side guys set all of that up on Saturday.... I'd imagine a bit of work goes into the whole process, as you might guess. Not to mention, the broken parts ain't cheap...

I think Jim said one of those switches alone was a $100.... the $5 we all dumped into the pot to shoot doesn't even cover...

Not to beat a dead horse, but that's the reason I'm constantly hammerin' on that drum... ...that we are really lucky to have some guys willing to put this stuff together... and I hope that we as a shooting community can come to the consensus, that if we are all willing to kick in what we can.... whether it be money, resources, or sweat... to the guys that get a charge out of putting this stuff together, the benefits will return in spades...

Not that anyone has been suggesting otherwise.... I just see some very cool resources coming available, and some opportunities for some really neat stuff.... If we continue to work together as a group, we can build our own empire up here, in our own, quiet little corner.... Let TX & CA eat cake.....
whistle.gif

I think Jim may have it at the monthy match's ? would have to check with him though - i know i would like to spend more time on it.
smile.gif
It's a lot of fun

I'm getting the motor and electrics looked at tomorrow.
Assuming the motor can be fixed, we will be using the mover in the monthly matches.
There will be a charge for using the mover by ANYBODY that uses it as there are quite a few consumables/ wear and tear on the unit.
Also there will not be any magnums allowed to shoot at the mover.
As I get time I will be making better blast shields and enlarge the frame for the target as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'd imagine a bit of work goes into the whole process... <span style="font-weight: bold"> Understatement
grin.gif
</span>

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">We are really lucky to have some guys willing to put this stuff togethether if we are all willing to kick in what we can</span></span>.... whether it be money, resources, or sweat... to the guys that get a charge out of putting this stuff together, the benefits will return in spades... If we continue to work together as a group </div></div>

VERY well said, Tribe! We've got a great bunch of folks here, and the more we all contribute or pitch in, the greater the benefit for the group!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm getting the motor and electrics looked at tomorrow. </div></div>

When you find out what it will cost, post up and I'm sure we can get a collection going. I'm off this Thursday and next Tuesday if you need help with it.

I had a great time!

1911fan

All,

I'm looking to put another comp together for June 30th - July 1st 2012. This will be a true shoot move and communicate course of fire covering two days. Rifle and pistol stages of fire and land navigation (GPS will be allowed) to each shooting stage of fire.

Shooters will be dropped off in a unknown location. Shooters will be given a grid to their first shooting station and time will start.

Without giving out much more details than I already have I think you get the general idea.

Let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kocoa88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All,

I'm looking to put another comp together for June 30th - July 1st 2012. This will be a true shoot move and communicate course of fire covering two days. Rifle and pistol stages of fire and land navigation (GPS will be allowed) to each shooting stage of fire.

Shooters will be dropped off in a unknown location. Shooters will be given a grid to their first shooting station and time will start.

Without giving out much more details than I already have I think you get the general idea.

Let me know.

</div></div>

Hmmmmm, sounds interesting for sure! Would need a few more details though! Send me an email if that's easier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kocoa88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All,

Let me know.

</div></div>

Hmmmmm, sounds interesting for sure! Would need a few more details though! Send me an email if that's easier.</div></div>

May be better if you have questions to send me an email. I don't do well at mind reading
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^ team shoot ?

will now have to figure out how to put GPS cord into my handheld</div></div>

Individual Event.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kocoa88</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^ team shoot ?

will now have to figure out how to put GPS cord into my handheld</div></div>

Individual Event.</div></div>

Bummer, I was hoping the "communicate" part meant it'd be a team event!

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to more details.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">issue everyone radio controlled shock collars so if they venture to far out of bounds ..... ZAP!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

OH,don't tempt me! I can't tell you how (in my younger days) I wanted to do that with students in the past!

If they stray out of bounds then it will effect their time. Time is not a huge weight on the score but if one lags behind to far then it will become a factor for sure.

There will be long range, react to contact and close in stages along the way. Don't worry about getting a hotel room for the night before the second day as you will be staying in the field conducting R&S for a hit just at BMNT before movement to the next firing piont. Communication will be key for the BMNT hit as it will be a coordinated simo hit from a radio count down.

Question is how many are up to the challenge?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"R&S for a hit just at BMNT" ?HUH? </div></div>

X2

Where would the location be?

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"R&S for a hit just at BMNT" ?HUH?</div></div>

Recon and surveillance for a hit just at daylight.....?? Sounds like a true "sniper" match. I certainly don't claim to be one of those guys, I'm way too lazy, but would be interested in the match pending other commitments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kocoa88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All,

Let me know.

</div></div>

Carl,

quite frankly i like the way you think and would be interested in attending any match you put on so put me on the list to email details to [email protected], whenever they are available. I am not much of a hunter and not much practice with land navigation skills, but i am always up for learning something new that is for damn sure.

Sounds like a great challenge, land nav, ranging targets (I'm sure), react to contact shooting, camping outside in the beautiful northwest, what's not to like, I am definitely interested.
Marty

Carl, put me on board for RO/ set up help for sure.
Won't shoot 'cause my mis-spent youth has caught up with me and I'm not near as nimble as I use to be.
Put me on my bike on a race track and I'm golden, 2 days hiking, Charles would have to evac me for sure!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a great challenge, land nav, ranging targets (I'm sure), react to contact shooting, camping outside in the beautiful northwest, what's not to like, I am definitely interested.
Marty</div></div>
Me too. Provided I have the funds, etc. & I can use my 300wm.

Let me know.

</div></div>

Intredasting..... Though I'm older and feebler than JtP, I might slog it depending on blah blah blah....

1911fan

Carl,
That match would definitely be worth another 7 hour trip you way. I volunteer Marty as a RO only because if someone (me) gets lost, he's the man to go get them. He's like a St. Bernard with a big jug of Irish whisky!

Hats off to Carl, Jim and Scott for really stepping it up with matches this year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"R&S for a hit just at BMNT" ?HUH? </div></div>

X2

Where would the location be?

Mike </div></div>

X3

I am more of a hunter outdoors man than anything. Shooting outdoors and camping would be fun, and a great way to stay in shape for hunting season. So if it is more geared to the outdoors man than per say a sniper role play. I would be interested.

Let me know.

</div></div>

Whoot! Please count me in! But riddle me this... if shooter doesn't know ass from hat... does someone inform wife and kids of his tragic demise by bear or wolf?
laugh.gif