• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Craig, I'm sorry but I think Laurels rifle looks prettier, except for the scope maybe. </div></div>

YEAH! What he said!

It'll be even prettier once I krylon the barrel and action purple!

DSC_7608.jpg

While we're on the subject of sticks... I took this shot yesterday, and I thought you guys might enjoy it. I should've grabbed BW's 300 Win Mag and taken one of that as well for the bolt guys out there...

CRW_0833.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While we're on the subject of sticks... I took this shot yesterday, and I thought you guys might enjoy it. I should've grabbed BW's 300 Win Mag and taken one of that as well for the bolt guys out there...

CRW_0833.jpg
</div></div>
Gorgeous rifle, beautiful photo and fantastic lighting!

Nice rifle! That shooting spot up there in Acme makes for great pics too.

Laurel, when I got my last stock from PRT I was going to get purple but since Charles Ballard had one already, I just got black, purple should look awesome though. Have you thought about having an automotive shop paint it and give it a few coats of clear coat. Some really nice finishes out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Laurel, when I got my last stock from PRT I was going to get purple but since Charles Ballard had one already, I just got black, purple should look awesome though. Have you thought about having an automotive shop paint it and give it a few coats of clear coat. Some really nice finishes out there.</div></div>

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to have the stock hydrodipped in a burlwood pattern with a purple barrel/action.

Another option that I'd LOVE to do is the barrel/action in black or blue, and the stock painted by a body shop in that purple with the enormous rainbow flecks of glitter that you see on mini-trucks and lowriders. :rofl:

The rifle would be so much fun!

Craig has forbid it.
frown.gif

I have real estate envy... all those pics of great places to shoot. I think I may have to find a retirement spot over there in a few years. Does anybody know of a place in eastern Washington that has really cheap land and jobs with lots of pay for very little hours?

Really hes forbid it, is it his rifle? I used lots of clear coat on my PRT stock, it didnt come out as well as I hoped but it has a little sheen to it. the automotice clearcoat really does bring the stock to life.I actually thought about green or yeloow, if you check out Precision rifle & tool or Robertson stocks, you will see what I was getting at.

I just sent Laurel some info on ARPredator and his paint jobs...but I like stirring the pot!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really hes forbid it, is it his rifle? I used lots of clear coat on my PRT stock, it didnt come out as well as I hoped but it has a little sheen to it. the automotice clearcoat really does bring the stock to life.I actually thought about green or yeloow, if you check out Precision rifle & tool or Robertson stocks, you will see what I was getting at.</div></div>

I didn't forbid it, but I pointed out that while you can easily strip finish off a barrel and action if you wanted to do something different or sell it, if she paints the stock some odd color she may have a hard time selling it when she wants something else.

Go for the Krylon, Its easy to touch it up when it needs it or strip it when you want to change it up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker,
What a great looking photo, is it safe to say that you are now up and running?
SScott </div></div>

Yup
grin.gif

I got the new switch for my illumination issue and my glass is at 100% now also. Now I'll work out my ammo issues and get some match time in soon hopefully...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bottomgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have real estate envy... all those pics of great places to shoot. I think I may have to find a retirement spot over there in a few years. Does anybody know of a place in eastern Washington that has really cheap land and jobs with lots of pay for very little hours? </div></div>

Hahaaa...good luck.

you'd have to compete with illeg...err...cheap, non-resident, undocumented laborers!
It'd probably be more like lots of hours and little pay.
Heck you can have that here in Mason county as a brush picker, lol.

Craig, I think its an untapped precision rifle market, a lot of the pistol manufacturers have gotten on board and are making pistols in pink or other colors targeting them. Now if we could get McMillan or Manners to do the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mutt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It'd probably be more like lots of hours and little pay.
Heck you can have that here in Mason county as a brush picker, lol. </div></div>

True, but we're still lacking the real estate over here to shoot at those distances.

Market Garden,
I hadn't considered the color scheme you used on your rifle....until now. It really looks terrific. The color of the action and barrel looks more subdued than a bead blasted stainless. Did you have a grey color coating put over it?

If you haven't used 260 before, you will really enjoy the cartridge. I had one built just over a year ago, and wish I hadn't waited so long to get it built. I'm still surprised at how far those little pills carry with the 6.5 cartridges.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mutt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Heck you can have that here in Mason county as a brush picker, lol. </div></div>

Uhhh... we live in Kitsap County...
grin.gif
lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bottomgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mutt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It'd probably be more like lots of hours and little pay.

True, but we're still lacking the real estate over here to shoot at those distances. </div></div>

Oh yes you do, lol... It just ain't cheap real estate is all... If you want the land I will gladly find it and help you buy it lmao...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Market Garden,
I hadn't considered the color scheme you used on your rifle....until now. It really looks terrific. The color of the action and barrel looks more subdued than a bead blasted stainless. Did you have a grey color coating put over it?

If you haven't used 260 before, you will really enjoy the cartridge. I had one built just over a year ago, and wish I hadn't waited so long to get it built. I'm still surprised at how far those little pills carry with the 6.5 cartridges.</div></div>

The color on the action and barrel is Duracoat's Diamond Plate Deep Gray. I really didn't know how it would come out, but I figured I'd be fine with anything between black and light gray. I really like how it came out.

This is actually the 3rd .260 rifle in my safe.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bottomgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have real estate envy... all those pics of great places to shoot. I think I may have to find a retirement spot over there in a few years. Does anybody know of a place in eastern Washington that has really cheap land and jobs with lots of pay for very little hours? </div></div>

Yes, but we are full...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Craig, I think its an untapped precision rifle market, a lot of the pistol manufacturers have gotten on board and are making pistols in pink or other colors targeting them. Now if we could get McMillan or Manners to do the same. </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="color: #CC33CC"><span style="font-weight: bold">I think Laurel's Rifle, or TSI's would look AWESOME in a set of these!</span></span></span> Shall we take a vote?

Pink Viper skins @ Shot show
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3042140#Post3042140

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Craig, I think its an untapped precision rifle market, a lot of the pistol manufacturers have gotten on board and are making pistols in pink or other colors targeting them. Now if we could get McMillan or Manners to do the same. </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="color: #CC33CC"><span style="font-weight: bold">I think Laurel's Rifle, or TSI's would look AWESOME in a set of these!</span></span></span> Shall we take a vote?

Pink Viper skins @ Shot show
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3042140#Post3042140 </div></div>

Vote for TSI. He has a rifle that should be able to take it, and I am not a fan of pink. Maybe pearl would like it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Pink_vipers.jpg
</div></div>
Those are stellar!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bottomgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mutt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It'd probably be more like lots of hours and little pay.

True, but we're still lacking the real estate over here to shoot at those distances. </div></div>

Oh yes you do, lol... It just ain't cheap real estate is all... If you want the land I will gladly find it and help you buy it lmao... </div></div>
Well played.. but if I paid all that money for land I'd have even less money for shooting. I'm just going to have to get a more fuel efficient vehicle to get over the pass... like the scooter on Dumb and Dumber..

Market Garden-

Thats a damn nice stick! I really like the color scheme on it. I can not wait to see it in action.

Market Garden -

I am jealous. JD puts together a great rifle. I've had him tinker with my .308 and build a 6.5x55 Swede for my wife to hunt with. Darn thing is an absolute tack driver and in a beautifully balanced lightweight package. It'll shoot in the .2s or better off the bench in a rest (and its a hunting rig). She has to wrestle me for it when we go after deer (she wins of course).

Can't wait to see what she'll do for you.

I haven't been able to shoot it yet, I headed up to my parents' cabin yesterday where I usually do load development but there was a foot of snow on the ground and I couldn't get to where I shoot. Now there's snow at my house preventing me from making it to my local range too! I'll have to wait to tuesday or wednesday now until the snow is supposed to be gone.

Tri-County gun club in Sherwood, Oregon (about 20 minutes south of Portland) will be having a precision rifle (AKA civilian type sniper) match on February 11th. They won't require the normal "orientation" prior to this match. I have shot this match quite a few times, and will be happy to let people know the types of courses of fire that they often have. No one will know what the match consists of prior to the match.

I do know that they won't have use of the 600 yard range for this match, so it will be primarily held on the 200/300 yard match, in the practical pistol pits (only to about 75 yards), and in the big pit that goes out to around 495/515 yards.

They have had stages like the following:

1. Know your limits
2. Rooftop (slanted)
3. Find targets using compass and range finder
4. Identify and engage your target out of a number of similar faces
5. Golf balls at varying distances, worth varying points
6. Tennis balls at various distances, same as golf balls
7. Angle shots on various pieces of steel at varying ranges (5-15 targets)
8. Locate targets upon rising over a berm, and engage

Usually more points are awarded for first round hits, less for second, and least for third round. Often no more attempts to engage are allowed.

Sometimes you are allowed two shots, and if no hit by two rounds, you have to move to a different location.

Hits always trump speed. The scoring system is set up to reward hits more than anything. There are enough rounds fired (50-80 minimum) that I feel the person who has won the match really deserved it. Whenever I looked at the winner's score, the win always looks justified. It seems that everyone else has had one error somewhere, and the match's scoring system catches it.

The match is challenging, creatively run, and lots of fun. Safety is a big issue, so if your gun handling is "lax", expect problems. As long as people comply with the big 4 rules, don't break the 180 rule, and don't raise their muzzle over the top of the backstop, they shouldn't have any problems. When I shoot a bolt gun, I usually just leave the bolt open when changing positions, but that is just me.

Semi- autos are allowed. Caliber max is usually the 30-06 and equivalent. I'm pretty sure they would allow an 8mm mauser. Although technically, a larger cartridge than the 30-06, it isn't so much more powerful that plate damage is an issue.

No bullets with ferrous cores are allowed, and they check with a magnet. Possession of such ammo is a match DG. Hollow points, soft points, or FMJ that isn't picked up by a magnet is OK.

They usually have different classes for semi-auto, and bolt guns so you only shoot against people with the same firearm type. I don't recall them using major/minor scoring as most of the targets are steel plates, with the exception of some paper for know your limits and target differentiation.

PM or email me for more info if you are interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker, have seen some pretty decent videos on Youtube of this match, looks very interesting. </div></div>

Uhhh... You mean Unknown or are you telling me I should go to it? Lol...

Broker, yup of course you are right, its Unknown I was replying to, by the way your stick looks great.

Just got caught up on all the posts I've been missing since the move. I'm really jealous of all the comps you guys have lined up! Enjoy the shooting guys I miss it for sure. I will say if the land nav overnight match that was discussed earlier happens in the summer I'll find a way to make it back for that! Matt K if you need a partner you know how to reach me, just give me a good long heads up its a long flight from South Korea! Happy shooting fella's

Good Morning Folks! I'm hoping to do some chronographing today, before the blizzard hits. No new snow in Eastern WA, but the temperature is a balmy 4 degrees here. My chronograph and fingers don't work too well when it's single digits, but if I can get it to work, I'll see how much velocity loss I have in one of my .308 loads with Varget.

I'd be curious to know. I'm running Varget also and I've read it's temp. stable but would like to hear your results compared with other data you have from warm weather.

Any of the Kitsap guys want to hit up KRRC this afternoon or tomorrow maybe? It's but ass cold but that means we'd hopefully get the range to ourselves, lol...

So far, in my 260 Remington, Varget hasn't had nearly the temperature variation that IMR 4350 has in my 300 Win mag.

Although I haven't chronographed to find out if there is a difference, I haven't noticed a great change in point of impact with the 260.

On the other hand, the 300 win mag load went from 2960 FPS in 40-55 degree winter to 3020 FPS in 70-85 summer weather with a 190 grain SMK bullet. I decided to wait until cooler weather to use the ammo in the 300. Now that cooler weather is here, it is again shooting properly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tri-County gun club in Sherwood, Oregon (about 20 minutes south of Portland) will be having a precision rifle (AKA civilian type sniper) match on February 11th</div></div>
This is my local gun club and it's a great place but due to the limited range and crossfire restraints, I don't know if I would travel 4 hours to shoot in it. Scott and a few friends shot here about two years ago and I think they expected more.
If you want to shoot, send me a PM and I'll help any way I can (places to stay, eat, directions, gear etc...)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac37</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tri-County gun club in Sherwood, Oregon (about 20 minutes south of Portland) will be having a precision rifle (AKA civilian type sniper) match on February 11th</div></div>
This is my local gun club and it's a great place but due to the limited range and crossfire restraints, I don't know if I would travel 4 hours to shoot in it. Scott and a few friends shot here about two years ago and I think they expected more.
If you want to shoot, send me a PM and I'll help any way I can (places to stay, eat, directions, gear etc...)</div></div>

Only thing i can say is be prepared for low round count and VERY STRICT!! RO'S!!. not that it wasn't fun just not worth a long drive for me thats all. cof was pretty fun but shooting 25rds in 5hrs was kinda of demoralizing in the pouring rain, mind you it was also my first tactical match ever.

Also just a reminder but if you haven't sent in your match fee for FSC 2012 please do so i will only hold your spot for so long there is a waiting list!! if we have talked and made different arrangements disregard this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only thing i can say is be prepared for low round count and VERY STRICT!! RO'S!!</div></div>
Yep, the RO's have a certain way they like things done. Definitely check your attitude at the door and go with the flow. You have to keep you rifle cased when not on the firing line. It's a pain but it's a club rule. I don't want to discourage anyone from going. They do come up with a creative course of fire.

Hey guys, do any of you know of any 22 rim-fire matches that are near Yakima? I would love to get involved in some. It could also help to inspire my girl to get out more if she has some competition she has to shoot against other than me.

I would be interested in some 22 rimfire matches also. JC maybe you, JD (hsss) and myself could get together and run one of these.

Just a thought......

I would come to something like a 22LR match. That would be fun, Although I dont have a very accurate 22!!

Are we talking like a mini-precision match with .22s? I'd be really interested!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm509</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested in some 22 rimfire matches also.</div></div>

I believe Scott may have a couple of those know your limits targets where the steel gets smaller and smaller after each target shot in a row. If not, maybe we could get some of those set up and have some fun... Time to break out the Glenfield Model 60
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are we talking like a mini-precision match with .22s? I'd be really interested!</div></div>

Absolutely!! Max range like 300y. Some kyl racks, and we could use cheap a36 as targets.

My 22 isnt very accurate either, but man it would be a blast. I could build the targets, so if anyone has some 22 target ideas let me know.

I think that would be a blast Matt, would a single shot be OK, or would the match be more of a run and gun match where we would need a bolt or semi auto? I only have a single shot right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm509</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are we talking like a mini-precision match with .22s? I'd be really interested!</div></div>

Absolutely!! Max range like 300y. Some kyl racks, and we could use cheap a36 as targets.

My 22 isnt very accurate either, but man it would be a blast. I could build the targets, so if anyone has some 22 target ideas let me know. </div></div>

That would be great!! I have a scary accurate little bolt-action CZ-452 American with a Pride Fowler 3-9x scope with a BDC reticule for 22LR - it's slick! I also have one of those GSG-5 MP-5 clones with a red-dot that would be great for a run-n-gun type course - we could pass it around to participants to run the course of fire. Maybe someone with a good target pistol could do the same,... I don't have one of those
frown.gif

Ry