• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Sounds like a great match. I might be able to swing up next month.

Blurry, on your comments. Time management should really be on the shooter. The RO normally has their hands full watching for safety issues and counting hits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blurry6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, whomever is spotting i.e. calling "hit" and "miss", could try to differenciate the two words by pronouncing them distinctly/differently as it was hard as a shooter (ears ringing from the last shot, not to mention ear-plugs in your ears) to know if it was a hit or a miss as they were pronounced identically,... just a thought.</div></div>

A simple fix for this is to only call the hits... Of course I was so busy futzing around with my magazines and clearing brass that failed to eject I wasn't listening to the calls anyhow.
whistle.gif

I wanted to thank Jesse and Jim for putting these things on for us. I had a blast, kicked my own ass, shot like shit, had a hell of a lot more misses than hits, but I still cant think of a better way to spend a day. The JTP and TSI antics were hilarious!!

I agree that time management is critical (not that I practiced much of it). I thought the RO's did an excellent job, as far as standing around, it happens. The way Jesse and Jim rally'ed up and handled a lot more shooters than anticipated, good job guys. Thank you for not telling us to kick rocks.

I would be willing to alternate RO'ing detail if that would help. I am starting to feel a little guilty shooting at these matches and not pulling any RO detail.

In closing, thank you guys. I always look forward to getting out shooting (match or not) and meeting a bunch of other good people with like minded hobbies.

See you guys next time.

Matt

Here you go, results from the Feb 12, 2012 monthly match

Place/ Shooter #/ First Name/ Last Name/ Points/ % of Total Points/ Series Points
Points Available 734
1 27 Travis Redell 550 74.93% 100.00
2 28 Tyler Hauan 535 72.89% 97.27
3 2 Ron Sinnema 437 59.54% 79.45
4 25 Jason Aubin 431 58.72% 78.36
5 14 Mike Johnson 383 52.18% 69.64
6 3 Jake Vibbert 382 52.04% 69.45
7 21 Tim Thompson 372 50.68% 67.64
8 1 Lucas Beitner 366 49.86% 66.55
9 20 James Thomas 366 49.86% 66.55
10 22 Hany Veletancic 366 49.86% 66.55
11 12 Alan Hapar 347 47.28% 63.09
12 24 Adam Breedloe 347 47.28% 63.09
13 17 Matt Mediers 335 45.64% 60.91
14 9 Monte Milanuk 319 43.46% 58.00
15 8 Taylor Everett 289 39.37% 52.55
16 16 Ryan Berg 246 33.51% 44.73
17 23 Pearl Benson 245 33.38% 44.55
18 18 Matt Kollman 242 32.97% 44.00
19 26 Scott Stuurmans 241 32.83% 43.82
20 11 Mike Sprague 212 28.88% 38.55
21 19 Joe Snell 200 27.25% 36.36
22 13 Mark West 185 25.20% 33.64
23 6 Matt Piehler 185 25.20% 33.64
24 10 Dave Smith 162 22.07% 29.45
25 15 Garret Walters 131 17.85% 23.82
26 5 John Guempel 125 17.03% 22.73
27 7 Travis Fox 108 14.71% 19.64
28 4 Ryan Melos 27 3.68% 4.91

Guys,

I will be placing another order to Thunderbeast soon for suppressors. Just checking to see if there is anyone looking for one. PM me for pricing. The more people on the list, the better the pricing.

Fellas... if you are in the market for a suppressor... these things are FANTASTIC.

Thanks for the update Jesse!!! Looks like I have some work to do!!!!

See you again march 4th. Can I bring my wife and two little girls? Anyone else going to bring their family?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the update Jesse!!! Looks like I have some work to do!!!!

See you again march 4th. Can I bring my wife and two little girls? Anyone else going to bring their family?</div></div>

As long as family members obey the rules (eyes and ears) and are safe I don't have a problem with it. We try to keep the extra folks to a minimum just for safety reasons, but I for one think that this can be a family event. Since you're a club member, immediate family is covered I believe. If it starts being detrimental to the match, we may have to just create a safe area for family members.

Group…. Just wanted to give a public “Thanks” to Ron & Co., at Benchmark Barrels…

I’ve gotten to know the Benchmark crew through TSI, over the last couple of years. Being a great group of guys, as well as staunch supporters of our local scene, I was really eager to give their barrels a try. The way things played out, I’ve always had a good barrel in the stable, so was never in the need of a new one... until now!
grin.gif

This was load development at 200yds (I prefer 600, but the High Power guys were hogging the range that weekend)… this was the keeper, in a “Round Robin” effort, with 5 other loads being tested… that fifth one is ALL Shooter… I just hosed the trigger… by the time I got to it, my concentration had pretty much left for a warmer climate…
eek.gif

IMG_0244.jpg

This was the first “Zeroed Group” at 100yds for this barrel/load… Funny thing is…. I know this could be tighter… I really wanted to shoot a nice “picturesque” group, for the first one on zero… Totally loosing cool… and Zen leaving with it… with every shot I got closer to the last, my "Nervous Nelly" heart, felt like it was going to jump out of my chest…. Point being… the ONLY weak link here, is the SHOOTER…
whistle.gif

IMG_0263.jpg

First group shot at 600yds… (I staple targets to the backing paper, so I can remove them when analyzing groups... & re-using targets
wink.gif
)

IMG_0256.jpg

Big-World Data Collected…

IMG_0266.jpg

Dope recorded… Velocity & BC Tuned… the barrel is ready! The work continues on the Nut behind the Bolt…
grin.gif

Additional note… First shot, last shot, and all in-between, ran through one of them Thunder Beast Suppressors…. Those puppies are sweet!

Oh… and Benchmark now has the ability to carve out an AI barrel… as this one was made for mine.

Ron, Chris, Jerry & Barry… Thanks Fellas… I’ll be back!

That is the nice thing about the 30P can's.....accuracy is just not an issue. I have shot several sub .3" groups and a few .1"'s with mine on different rifles.

Not to mention shift in POI has been minimal, and precisely consistent/repeatable in my experience... Nothing but good things to say about them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to mention shift in POI has been minimal, and precisely consistent/repeatable in my experience... Nothing but good things to say about them. </div></div>

Nice shooting for sure! Is this recent course of events the reason you are no longer seeking Virgin AI Barrels?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

I will be placing another order to Thunderbeast soon for suppressors. Just checking to see if there is anyone looking for one. PM me for pricing. The more people on the list, the better the pricing.
</div></div>

Custom rifle+new Glass+new Can= Ramen

Looks like furniture will have to wait.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mayday</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

</div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>

oh good im not the only one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A heads up to all you coyote hunters.
WDFW is trying to screw us on night hunting.
WAC 232-12-063 Hunting at night--Regulations--Penalties </div></div>

The changes in red basically end night coyote hunting.

WAC 232-12-063 Hunting at night--Regulations--Penalties. (1)
It is unlawful to hunt small game animals or unclassified wildlife
at night, unless all of the following requirements are met:
(a) <span style="color: #FF0000">Artificial lights used in the hunting activity are not attached to or projected from any motor vehicle.</span>
(b) Shooting occurs at least fifty feet from a motor vehicle.
(c)<span style="color: #FF0000"> Firearms are restricted to .22 caliber rifles and
handguns, and shotguns are restricted to no. 6 shot or smaller.</span>
Hunting with bow and arrow is allowed.
(d) During the months of September, October, or November
hunting does not occur in areas closed to hunting for deer or elk
with centerfire rifles.
(e) Hunting activity is further than five hundred yards from
any structure or temporary habitation located on public land.
(f) The hunting activity occurs within published open seasons.
(2) Private landowners or their designees that possess a valid
depredation permit issued by the department are exempt from the
above requirements while hunting on the permit designated property.
Nothing in this section removes the right of property owners, their
immediate family members, their documented employees, or tenants of
real property, pursuant to RCW 77.36.030, to trap or kill wildlife
that is threatening human health and safety or causing property
damage on that property, without the licenses required under RCW
77.32.010 or authorization from the director under RCW 77.12.240.
(3) A violation of this section involving killing, hunting,
taking, holding, possessing, or maliciously injuring or harming
unclassified wildlife is an infraction punishable under RCW
77.15.160. A violation of this section involving killing, hunting,
taking, holding, possessing, or maliciously injuring or harming big
game animals, small game animals, protected wildlife, or endangered
wildlife is a crime punishable under RCW 77.15.410, 77.15.430,
77.15.130, or 77.15.120, depending on the animal or wildlife
killed, hunted, taken, held, possessed, or maliciously injured or
harmed.

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mayday</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

</div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>
what's furniture?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mayday</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

</div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>
what's furniture? </div></div>

Wire spool tables and camp chairs. Can you build me a reclining chair out of sch 40? With PEX pipe webbing for comfort.
grin.gif
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mayday</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

</div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>
what's furniture? </div></div>
You know, these things.
large_wooden_cable_spool_1111111_olmsted_township_8842892.jpg

You get them in the "Shooter's section" of Ikea ...
9DRDAAZ-WoodenCableReel2.jpg

I am lucky I get free tables at work. Any shape or size.

Brian, How nice of furniture are you looking for?

I might have some extra in the storage shed here on the ranch.

Milk crates are like a multi-tool. They can be used as shelves, boxes, uncomfortable seats, to hold shelves up, put a matress and box springs on. Ah the colledge days & lotsa Ramen.

I think my cheap ass did ok.
I bought a few 123 Nosler CC seconds for my 6.5x47L.
They were 15.5 cents ea with shipping.
Very first load I tried.
100 yards 9/16" c-c 5 shots
123CC100.jpg

590 yards 4 1/4" c-c 5 shots
123CC600-2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A heads up to all you coyote hunters.

(a) <span style="color: #FF0000">Artificial lights used in the hunting activity are not attached to or projected from any motor vehicle.</span>
(c)<span style="color: #FF0000"> Firearms are restricted to .22 caliber rifles and
with centerfire rifles.
harmed.

1911fan

</div></div>

.223 is a .22 cal. no?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A heads up to all you coyote hunters.

with centerfire rifles.
harmed.

1911fan

</div></div>

So what can we do to fight it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan_H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.223 is a .22 cal. no? </div></div>

You and I think so. Not sure what WDFW thinks. They refer to 'centerfire rifles .22 caliber' for cougar, and likewise .24 for big game. Reading the rest of the section, it sounds like they mean .22 rimfire, since they also refer to #6 shot.

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Jim the Plumber said:
A heads up to all you coyote hunters.

</div></div>

So what can we do to fight it?</div></div>
Follow the link
http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/feb0712a/

Hey Jim, on March 4th would it be possible to run the mover?? I would really like that. Thank you

Jake

Here is the reason for the night hunting reg change,

"Reasons supporting proposal: The proposal would provide greater certainty for officers in determining whether a hunter is lawfully hunting at night."

hmm...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Jim the Plumber said:
A heads up to all you coyote hunters.

</div></div>

So what can we do to fight it?</div></div>
Follow the link
http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/feb0712a/ </div></div>

I urge everybody to follow the link and send an email. The proposed changes eliminate spotlighting from the truck, and will force us to use .22 rimfire and #6 shot or smaller. Neither will reliably kill a coyote.
There is a public meeting in Moses Lake, everybody who can should go! I think this rule is an effort to cut down on nighttime deer poaching, but as written you cold be cited for the .223 in your truck even if you were otherwise obeying the rules. bad.

1911fan

Is anyone interested in donating to the findlay cup to get some funds together and fix that mover??? I need some practice on that thing. As I am sure it will be a part of the cup.

I am in for $50

Thanks, Jake

What's the time and place for the match on March 4th? I'd like to come and observe. Just getting started in this glorious sport. I'd like to see how you guys do it. I have tons to learn.

Would these little pigs do you any good?

They pretty much run at one speed... I don't know if there is a way to regulate that externally....

IMG_0270.jpg

The price can't be beat............ ........well...... you still got that clown suit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am sure a knowledgable person could make that work!!</div></div>

This of course, being critical... as to yet unknown... path.
grin.gif

Hey all,
I'm starting up an online retail store that should hopefully be kicking off here in May (Hells Canyon Armory LLC). Going to be selling a whole lot of stuff from complete AR's to dragbags. Authorized dealer for Seekins, CMMG, Stag Arms, Aimpoint, Ergo-grip, Magpul, BlueForce Gear, Viridian lasers, and a whole lot of other companies.

Business will be based out of Wenatchee then a store front in the near future. My question to you guys, what other companies or brands or products are you looking for? If I don't have it, I want to be able to get it and if there is a repeated need for anything out there, I will do my best to get involved to get them in your hands. Will try as best I can to get any hard to find items and keep them in stock for you guys! Please let me know of anything you're looking for and I'll see what I can do.

Mike