• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Yeah, don't wanna be confused come november. I get so tired of hearing the unknowing sheeple talk about being able to "buy" guns online. No common sense anymore, just masses willing to absorb mis-information. Sucks! Maybe we should invite some of the confused to a steel shoot, I'll put it on :) Then, if some of the voodoo is out of the equation, they won't be so afraid of guns. Wishful thinking anyway...

Well said. Too many people are easily influenced by media and Hollywood. This idiot I worked with (union electrician) told me that the DNA tracking bullets should be outlawed. Don't know where the hell he gets his information from (probably a democratic influenced union newsletter) but these are the people we are really up against. I clarified with him the tight gun laws we must abide by and he was honestly shocked. He had no idea we were already heavily regulated. They fail to educate themselves, therefore we suffer and continue to fight for our rights. Like the old saying, "Ignorance is bliss". lol.

I have a bit of gun powder for sale. Local pick up in Wenatchee only.
IMG_20140817_233255818_HDR_zpsfd115aaa.jpg

IMG_20140817_233244279_zpsbbdc0621.jpg

Thought I'd post here and ask if there is any other resources for local shoots that may not be posted on the hide?

I just returned from the nw precision shoot in rock lake/Spokane area. Quite a few guys are not on the hide. I passed on the word for SH. that shoot was a blast! Well worth the drive. The 2 day match is the end of September. Posted in the comp thread. I'll be there for sure.

Doug is really cool. He let me run his rem 700-308. Sweet rifle, nice NF on top, she performed flawlessly. That way my 338 wouldn't kill his steel. Lol.

If anyone can make the next match, you won't regret it. Good people, good food, good times!

Brian

Folks- I have 4-6lbs of powder I'd like to get transported from the Spokane Area or Omak, to Captain Kirk in the Arlington Area . If anyone is planning a trip that direction please give me a shout out (or if you're hunting over here on the eastside and headed back oer to the wetside).

Thanks

Craig d i b b s @ p c n u t h u t dot com

Folks- I have 4-6lbs of powder I'd like to get transported from the Spokane Area or Omak, to Captain Kirk in the Arlington Area . If anyone is planning a trip that direction please give me a shout out (or if you're hunting over here on the eastside and headed back oer to the wetside).

Thanks

Craig d i b b s @ p c n u t h u t dot com
I'm heading back in a month to Spokane. I could bring it over and meet someone over here in Seattle and they could bring it up I5 to Arlington? Let me know if we could get this worked out, I'm cool with transporting. The dates will be Sept 26-29

Brian

Need your oppinons

Hey guys, My rifle build is almost done. It is 2 years in the making. Once I finish testing this thing it will be ready for paint. I am really stuck on what color to paint my rig. Can you give any suggestions? All of my rigs are black and yes it looks good but I was thinking of a camo or something.

And yes, this thing is big (78" long a 115 lbs)

I would use a solid color that most closely matches the most environment in which I usually shoot.

I.E. Tan, or sand for desert, green for forest, brown for muddy places, etc.

Hey guys, My rifle build is almost done. It is 2 years in the making. Once I finish testing this thing it will be ready for paint. I am really stuck on what color to paint my rig. Can you give any suggestions? All of my rigs are black and yes it looks good but I was thinking of a camo or something.

dude what is that, can you give a description of that thing. does it shoot surface to air rockets lol

It is my own design. Its current configuration is a 20mm vulcan case necked down to shoot my custom 50 cal bullets (1100 grains). It has hydraulic extending feet that are controlled by the shooter while he is behind the rifle (Not installed yet). It also has two recoil damper systems. One at the bipod and one at the butt stock. It has interchangeable bi pod feet (I currently have flat bottom and spike feet also). I also made a 4 round detachable magazine (Not shown in photo). I am making different springs for it to find the right force I need.

I am trying to see how far I can push a 50 cal. I want to go past 2 miles.

I had my class 2 tax stamp approved so it will have a 20mm barrel for it down the road.

The only thing it needs now is a cup holder.

Last edited:
Nice job! That's cool. What glass are you going with? For paint job, check out the DIY forum thread. There is one close to the top for all custom paint jobs SH members have done to their rigs. A lot of really good paint jobs in the thread.

Brian

Nice job! That's cool. What glass are you going with? For paint job, check out the DIY forum thread. There is one close to the top for all custom paint jobs SH members have done to their rigs. A lot of really good paint jobs in the thread.

Brian
Thanks, I have two scopes picked out. An IOR scope that goes up to 40 power or a March scope. Ill check out the DIY thread. Thanks for the lead.

Hello everyone. Been a while since I've posted, or had a chance to shoot ether for that matter.
On Labor Day I had the distinct pleasure of going to shoot at the Harkins Ranch ELR shooting facility. It happens to only be 2 hrs drive from my house here in Odessa Tx.
Jase Harkins was a wonderful host, & a great guy to talk to. We actually spent more time trading stories than I did shooting. But the place they have set up out there is AWESOME!
I elected to shoot off the ground under the raised platform they have there as it was pretty windy (variable from 5-15mph) which wasn't too bad but I thought that I would be better off on the ground to eliminate any stability issues the wind might induce in the platform. There is a nice flat rock just in front of the platform where I set up 1st in the morning.
The 1st target I chose to engage (of the myriad number he has set up at all ranges out there) was a 18" x 24" plate @ 1350yds.
Here is a pic of me entering my atmospherics, etc. into my PDA with FFS. (26.85" hg st/press/76*F/45% RH/ 30.9*N/ 265* Az)

I dialed up the correction (36 3/4 moa, & 5 L windage for my 300WM 230 Berger Hybrid Target @ 2901fps) The variable wind screwed my CB shot 2 moa R, but I corrected, & hit the rest of the 4 remaining rounds. (My dope was off by 1 click 37 moa for an unknown reason. I assume its a tracking error right in that vicinity of travel as I was dead on everywhere else)
We B.S'd for a while as I let my barrel cool down for a few. The sun was gaining on us where we were set up by then so we moved under the platform for some shade.
I next decided to engage the mile target with pretty much the same results only the wind was doing its worst, & I coaxed only a couple elusive hits on the full size silhouette in 5-6 shots missing my wind call by 1/4-1/2 moa back, & forth from 1 side to the other. I was only able to connect 2 of the 6 but scared the hell out of it with the rest.
Here's a pic just before I snuggled in for the shots.

We B.S'd again for a while, & eventually I set up for the 2000yd target. This one was giving me even more trouble as the heat had the mirage running pretty hard, & the wind was still doing its worst, but I was able to squeak out a couple hits on it as well after 6-8 shots (I don't remember now) connecting twice there as well, & scaring he hell out of it with he rest.
Here's one behind the rifle.

I then broke out my little 16" DPMS LR308 with 155 A-Max for some plinking on the 700, & 800 yd targets on the North side. That way was sheltered from the wind, which made things much easier so after a few rnds on th center mass I painted a smiley face on the head (completely unintentional) missing the right eye, but oh well.
Sorry we didn't take the time to get pics of the targets as by then it was getting upwards of about 100* so we called it a day.
BTW the place is near teeming with critters too. We saw a few deer moving around after almost every firing string, & jumped a big bodied 6pt White Tail on the way back down to the house where I met his dad Monty who was also a great guy to talk to. I thoroughly enjoyed myself while I was there, & plan to make the trip as often as I can.
I do apologize to Jase if I talked his ear off. He is the 1st person I've encountered since I moved down here who seems to have the same passion for long range shooting as I do, & it was a pleasure talking to him.
I also discussed the possibility of him hosting some matches there in the future which both Jase, & Monty were interested. I offered to help out of course, & hope we can get something going in the spring after the hunting seasons are over. They have enough land with IIRC about 80 targets to host an epic match. I hope they will.
If anyone wants to check out their website here it is. It is worth the trip.
Home

Nice Post and Pictures Jeff! Looks like a GREAT venue for shooting, and good place to get humbled by the winds. Thanks for the info you shared with me via PM re: your testing and experience with the 300 WM. I'm gonna have to upgrade my stoopid phone and get shooter or applied ballistics, AND replace my lost/misplaced/ stolen :mad:(?) Kestrel to be able to shoot longer range effectively. Are you able to pick up components in TX fairly easily? What have you been getting for barrel life, 1500-2500?

Last edited:
I secretly stole your kestrel and lost ours both dibbs. so if you could buy 2 more and give me one I would greatly appreciate it

Nice Post and Pictures Jeff! Looks like a GREAT venue for shooting, and good place to get humbled by the winds. Thanks for the info you shared with me via PM re: your testing and experience with the 300 WM. I'm gonna have to upgrade my stoopid phone and get shooter or applied ballistics, AND replace my lost/misplaced/ stolen :mad:(?) Kestrel to be able to shoot longer range effectively. Are you able to pick up components in TX fairly easily? What have you been getting for barrel life, 1500-2500?
I haven't found any places around here that have anything for long range. I'll just keep ordering stuff from Powder Valley, etc. This barrel has just shy of 2800rnds through it right now. I don't see why I couldn't get around 5000+/- before I need to rebarrel. I didn't keep a good count of my last barrel but I'm sure I got around 4000rnds out of that one.
As to getting an app for ELR shooting. I have Shooter, & it's petty good out to about 1000yds. Past that it wasn't very close. Never tried Applied Ballistics, but I've heard good things. I use FFS, & have trued it well enough that I don't generally need to make any elevation corrections out to past SS velocities from freezing temps at sea level to 100* at 7000'asl. Very happy with FFS.

I would send it in for a http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-px-group-buys/254514-$62-50-cerakote-special.html and see what they say.... :)

I haven't found any places around here that have anything for long range. I'll just keep ordering stuff from Powder Valley, etc. This barrel has just shy of 2800rnds through it right now. I don't see why I couldn't get around 5000+/- before I need to rebarrel. I didn't keep a good count of my last barrel but I'm sure I got around 4000rnds out of that one.
As to getting an app for ELR shooting. I have Shooter, & it's petty good out to about 1000yds. Past that it wasn't very close. Never tried Applied Ballistics, but I've heard good things. I use FFS, & have trued it well enough that I don't generally need to make any elevation corrections out to past SS velocities from freezing temps at sea level to 100* at 7000'asl. Very happy with FFS.

Good to hear from you, Jeff. Sounds like your settling in to the new(ish) location.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, very excited and proud to raise money by selling this rifle.

This is an awesome rifle, built and donated by some great sponsors.

Scout Supply company
XLR industries
Defiance Actions
Benchmark Barrels

We are raffling off this rifle to support Jubilee Youth Ranch. An at risk school for troubled teens finding new beginnings. Some of you have actually been here on the ranch and have seen what we have going on, We really appreciate the needed support.

This rifle will be given away at the PRS finale Sept. 26th. NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN. It will be a random drawing.

After the Sept. 26th Drawing, we will inform who the winner is on SH, and on facebook, and also via email.

Here is the link to buy tickets, with pictures and additional info.

JC Steel Targets Benefit Rifle

We appreciate all the support.

Just a reminder...Doug @ NW Precision in Spokane is having the 2 day finals at the end of the month, Sept 27th and 28th. Last month the match was a blast! Shots out to 1150 with challenging winds. I think In Motion will have the mover out there again, but not sure. Should be a lot of fun. I'll be headed over after work. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Brian

Any of our local smith's (JD, Travis, others??) installing Karsten adjustable cheek rests on stocks? Also, for those of you running them, have you had any issues with breaking them or other problems? I just acquired a Manners A4, and I already have one rifle with a LOT of foam sleeping bag pad under the stock pack to get the proper comb height, and it shifts a bit. I'd like to go another direction....What say you?

Craig their great ! Travis molds them to your stock and does a couple other things to keep them from slipping which is about the only issue you'll run into if you do it yourself.
One advantage of kydex vs. an adjustable stock is the weight savings.

Any of our local smith's (JD, Travis, others??) installing Karsten adjustable cheek rests on stocks? Also, for those of you running them, have you had any issues with breaking them or other problems? I just acquired a Manners A4, and I already have one rifle with a LOT of foam sleeping bag pad under the stock pack to get the proper comb height, and it shifts a bit. I'd like to go another direction....What say you?

We don't do much with the Karsten for say, but do use the Defensive Edge cheekpiece on a lot of builds. Pretty easy install and we've been running them on our hunting rifles and competition rifles for the last 6 years without issue.

RBros Rifle Raffle -LRH Benefit
RBros Rifle Raffle -LRH Benefit

Win this custom rifle from RBros Rifles!!

Sponsored by :

RBros Rifles
Win the ultimate Long Range Hunter rig!!

Specs:
300WM
Rogue Action, Fluted Bolt
Broughton LWLR Contour, 28" Fluted, 10 Twist
Manners T2 Stock
Seekins DBM w/ CIP Length WM Magazine
Timney Trigger
DE Brake
20 MOA Rail
Saddle Cheekpiece
Matte Black Coating
Desert Web Stock

004.png

ONLY 100 chances available

1 ticket for $100.00

Each particpant will also be entered to win a second prize of a Vortex 5-20 Razor HD scope

rzr-hd_5-20x50_ebr-2_f-t.jpg

Show your appreciation to RBros Rifles for being the Long Range Hunter Title Sponsor and to Vortex Optics for being a Premier Season Sponsor of the PRS.

Purchases may be made online via checkout cart, or by check to:

PRS

POB 1851

Stephenville, TX 76401

Limited to 100 chances sold, each ticket sold will be assigned a unique number and collected for drawing based upon a computerized random number generator and announced at the September 28th at the PRS Championship Event in front of a public audience.

Chances will also be sold at the remaining PRS matches by PRS officials , RBros & Rich Emmons.

Need not be present to win

Proceeds go to the LRH division of the PRS for cash payout at the PRS Championship Match!!

NCWGC (East Wenatchee, WA) 3x600 Oct 4-5

Hello all,

Just a reminder, our 'big' HP/F-class match for the year is coming up fast - October 4th & 5th. For those who haven't attended before, this will be a two-day event with a full 3x600 each day. Typically this has been an Any/Any (HP sling) and F-class event, but if there are sufficient shooters (at least three) in a given sub-category (Match Rifle, Palma, F-Open, F/TR, etc.) we will break them out for award purposes. People shooting braked/suppressed weapons are welcome and will be squadded appropriately - we have plenty of room on the firing line to provide a little separation for muzzle blast, etc.

Course of fire each day will be unlimited sighters + 20 record shots in 25 minutes for the first string each day, and 2 sighters + 20 record shots for the subsequent two strings. As always, coaching is allowed during the unlimited sighter portion so new shooters can get on target. Minimum round count is 66 per day... 70+ is recommended so you can take advantage of the unlimited sighters.

In order to take up a little bit of the 'spare' time on Saturday we are considering having an unofficial 'team' match on Saturday immediately following the regular 3x600. At this point, the team event is still pretty free-form - we can run either the regular MR1 / MR1FC, or the LR6 reduced target just to make things more interesting. Two person, four, three... whatever works out given the number of people who show up and the remaining available daylight when we finish the 3x600.

Entry fees will be $25 per day / $40 for both days for adults. Junior fees will be 1/2 of adult prices.

There is a limited amount of on-site dry camping available (no hookups), and plenty of hotels/motels around the Wenatchee/East Wenatchee area for those travelling from outside the region.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via email or @ (509) 668-0240.

Last edited:
Tonight I dropped by Sportsmans Warehouse and picked up a box of my 300 OTM's getting ready for the NW Precision match next weekend. To my surprise, there was a bonus sticker in the box this time! Earlier today, I told my co-worker "Berger bullets just can't get any better". Well, they just did. I love it!
berger sticker.jpg

Important info if any of you haven't read it yet !
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/bear-pit/271660-snipers-hide-joining-scout-media.html

In a nut shell SnipersHide is moving to a new hosting server that will help with maintenance of the website, advertising and help move it to a much larger audience.
This site and all the information in it will no longer exist the way it is now, it will be used as a read only site. Very little of the information on here will transfer over to the new one as they want to start fresh with a clean slate.

Be sure to backup any private messages you need because they won't be available either. At the bottom of your inbox is a small archive choice to back them all up at once, I did all three and none of them seem ideal for easy reading especially if they have pictures in them, Maybe one of our tech savoy people will give an idea of how to view them better.

Lastly this is happening SOON, from what I'm reading any day so don't put off anything you want saved because there's no going back to get it !

Last edited:
Eric, thanks for the heads up, but I couldn't get the archive box to work, anyone else have any ideas.
Monte what time are you kicking the match off on Saturday, time to break out the FTR rifle once again.

Anyone from the Wenatchee area heading over to Wetstern WA in the near future? Still trying to get some powder over to Captain Kirk in Arlington. I'll be in Wenatchee for a couple days next week, probably Tuesday evening thru Thursday. Send me a pm or email if you can help out.

Thanks d i b b s at p c n u t h u t dot com

Hey Mike, might want to put it in the members link up section instead of the match announcements.

I am considering making the journey to Colorado for the T3 ELR class/match Frank is putting on. I would most likely be driving so I won't need to hassle with shipping rifles and ammo. If anyone is interested, let me know but there is a narrow window with sign up. I would have room for one more, it would save cost on hotels and gas. The match requires a rifle capable of getting to 2200 yards, and approximately 120 rounds.

PROJECT: ELR - T3 Firearms Training

Kirk Roberts

A lot started here, this forum cost me a lot of money over the years but I met an awful lot of good people

I still have the disease... I think it's getting worse, although reducing quantity, and increasing quality.