• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

well I took the DPMS out and had a fun afternoon in the sun. I fired 10 rounds of gi ball and then this. I figured I would quit while I was ahead.I cant wait to get out on the 31rst and strech it's legs
dpmsgroup.jpg

1)dontstrokeme
2)blackwidow
3)mattj
4)dafar
5)donp
6)rotortuner

Anybody else?

Storm Tactical...PM me with questions if you would like.

are reservations required? Or can us east side long-drivers just show up if we can make it? In other words, I'm a definate "maybe".

Are all you guys shooting on Halloween?

Mattj, we should hook up sometime. I never re-upped at cascade. Sounds like you live near me. Wanna go shooting sometime soon?

Yeah....no worries to just show up. Just putting a list up incase somebody does not like someone else...then they can avoid eachother!!!!

Not as much room as there was in the sol duc but there should be enough.....if you want I can take pics and maybe someone could come up with a semi decent practical shoot? I have access to plenty of 55 gallon drums and steel...could make barriers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are all you guys shooting on Halloween?

Mattj, we should hook up sometime. I never re-upped at cascade. Sounds like you live near me. Wanna go shooting sometime soon?</div></div>

Totally... it'll be a little bit though, I just sent my sizing die in to get the neck honed -- so it'll be a bit before I can load up some ammo. I'll ping you when I'm back up and running.

We could always shoot something more than just precision bolt guns. Don't you have an AR or something? I've got some steel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We could always shoot something more than just precision bolt guns. Don't you have an AR or something? I've got some steel.</div></div>

I wish I had an AR to play with (on the list of things to remedy). My one EBR and my precision rig are both .308 --- so I'm pretty much handgun and iron sighted .22 only at the moment.

Should hopefully have my die back in a week or two, then I'm totally in.

-M

Well, that's too bad. Hope you get your Die back soon. Still I'm surprised, reloads only? I'm not dedicated enough to only shoot reloads.

Reminds me though, I need to send my .308 Redding Competition Neck sizing die in, because it was all sorts of messed up right out of the box.

Sad thing too, because I hosed about 30 lapua cases. Seemed a bit hard on the downstroke, but the necks looked fine. Turns out the decapping assembly (not just the pin) was bent to shit out of the box and I was running the pin through the side of the flash-hole. Talk about a big oops! Took the decapping pin snapping for me to realize what was going on. I'm not sure how they goobered that rod up. Almost looks like they tried to bend it back the other direction so it has an s-shape to it. Weird thing is that there's no provision for changing the decapping pin if it snaps.

Hopefully Redding will make it right. I'm just surprised that I didn't notice it sooner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1)dontstrokeme
2)blackwidow
3)mattj
4)dafar
5)donp
6)rotortuner

Anybody else?

Storm Tactical...PM me with questions if you would like. </div></div>

Count me in. PM sent.

Hey DSM I'm working on joining you guys on the 31st---no promises yet, will depend on work schedule and $$$

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, that's too bad. Hope you get your Die back soon. Still I'm surprised, reloads only? I'm not dedicated enough to only shoot reloads.

Reminds me though, I need to send my .308 Redding Competition Neck sizing die in, because it was all sorts of messed up right out of the box.

Sad thing too, because I hosed about 30 lapua cases. Seemed a bit hard on the downstroke, but the necks looked fine. Turns out the decapping assembly (not just the pin) was bent to shit out of the box and I was running the pin through the side of the flash-hole. Talk about a big oops! Took the decapping pin snapping for me to realize what was going on. I'm not sure how they goobered that rod up. Almost looks like they tried to bend it back the other direction so it has an s-shape to it. Weird thing is that there's no provision for changing the decapping pin if it snaps.

Hopefully Redding will make it right. I'm just surprised that I didn't notice it sooner. </div></div>

I got my reloading setup along with my first rifle, so it's what I know for rifle I guess. I don't think I could bring myself to pay for factory ammo.

I was neck sizing for a while with a lee collet die and also ended up mushing a several pieces of Lapua brass-- eventually got a piece of brass stuck and ended up ripping the case apart trying to get it unstuck. Obviously never quite figured that particular piece of equipment out
smile.gif
....hence the getting the sizing die honed. Did the honed die thing with my .300 Ultra (currently optic-less and trying to sell) and it worked really well, so giving it a try in .308 as well.

-M

Couldn't resist. Who here likes light weight big bore hunting rifles? .577 T-Rex big enough for you?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MlFlXMHaSVQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MlFlXMHaSVQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I have seen that video, but it was edited down and only showed like one guy shooting it. I wonder if they told em it was like a .22 or something. because it looks like most of em aren't expecting it at all. thats almost kinda mean, but its pretty funny. ahahha.

I am definetly a maybe as well. Work is starting to pick up, and and i am taking the weekend off prior to this meet off for hunting.

Finally got my 10/22 rebuilt:
IMG_0918.jpg

CJG

Nine and a half months the behemoth waited to reveal itself unto the world... Yesterday it arrived with it's all seeing - unblinking eye....

...It needs taller rings....
crazy.gif

Beware the Mighty Moth.... muhahahahahaha..ack....aahaahha!

Hey tribe, any chance you'll be at the rifle club next weekend? Just bought a truck so I'm coming home thursday to pick it up. It would be nice to meet up and get a bit of shooting in if you're gonna be out there.

Hey Digger,

I'm hoping so... but I can't commit to anything either way right now.

Glad to hear you found a rig.

Thanks! Yeah, just let me know when you find out either way! I'm excited to get home out of the snow for a few days.

New here, just wanted to say hi to the other local guys too. Me and RGB820 are good buddies and are just getting into shooting more and more often. Just picked up a 700 in 7mm mag, gonna use that for deer in a couple weeks then do some sort of build up on it after that.

After shooting the 7mm and RGB shooting his 30-06 we both realized we should practice more with our .22's so he got a spotting scope with crosshairs (sorry ryan had to post a pic its too funny) for cheap and i got the 70 dollar walmart bushnell. plan is to go shooting with these guys as often as we can.

058402e0.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to the Hide.....where is your AO Scorpio? </div></div>

Thanks for the welcome, but whats AO?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScorpioMjK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to the Hide.....where is your AO Scorpio? </div></div>

Thanks for the welcome, but whats AO? </div></div>

Area of Operations. Basically, where are you located in this context.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry...I see now...Bothel....Area of Operation = AO </div></div>

Damn, you beat me.

WTF---spent the day working up on Grass Mtn. near Enumclaw and it was snowing on us most of the day--WTF happened to summer or for that matter fall?

haha yeah tribe, snow already... couple inches wednesday, supposed to get a couple more sunday, then some more next wednesday. Not too long from now its gonna coat everything and be here until may.

I'm gonna have to buy a shooting mat so I'm not laying in the powder to go shoot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackwidow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey ranger you got one of those t-Rex rifles?</div></div>

Hell NO! I like my spinal column like it is! Besides, I've already been exposed to enough artillery fire in my time ...
grin.gif

I am so jealous of you right now blackwidow... I'm sitting here in 18 degree weather and a couple inches of snow...

ya it was 93 degrees down there just wore shorts and sandles and drank lots of tequla!! got to watch out for the military down there lots of guys walking around the docks with m-16 and the two gun boats patroling the harbor. fun times!! btw joe not gonna make it the 31st blackwidow not ready yet sorry bud

Mainly at undisclosed areas...as much as possible.....harder to get shut down that way. Welcome....but yes the 31st will be there. We will meet at Alby's and convoy in as few rigs as possible.

hey guys I managed to get my hands on some powder, RL 17. I know RL 15 makes a better m118lr clone but does anyone have any data on making m118lr clone ammo using RL 17 instead

Right on, Mind if I tag along?

I saw you mentioned something about a gunsmith needing some work Joe, do you have a number for him?

I have a couple questions and need some work done...

One of the questions is, I am looking for a good stock for a CZ550 action chambered in 338 lapua, tactical, adjustable cheek. Am I stuck with buying like an AICS or Mcmillan and having someone cut and fit it alot? Or is there a company selling semi fitted stocks for the CZ550?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hopps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a couple questions and need some work done...

One of the questions is, I am looking for a good stock for a CZ550 action chambered in 338 lapua, tactical, adjustable cheek. Am I stuck with buying like an AICS or Mcmillan and having someone cut and fit it alot? Or is there a company selling semi fitted stocks for the CZ550? </div></div>

Hopps -

Manners Composite stocks are of good quality. Thomas Manners gives great customer service.

Manners Composite Stocks L.L.C
1209 Swift
North Kansas City, Mo. 64116
Email: [email protected] Phone:(816) 283-3334 (816) 210-8108

http://mannersstocks.com/index.html

He can be found here on the Hide:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=7675

hopps.... welcome aboard!

Heh... I knew, the moment I read your post.... that somewhere out there... Ranger... had ducked into his phone booth... busily dawning his cape... and mask... and uni-tard
sick.gif
laugh.gif