• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SiCo omega baffle stack protruding from Sleeve

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Anyone ever had this happen to their omega? I've got to contact SiCo about it but we shot 20rds of 6.5 GAP 4s and went to chrono the last round and noticed it.

Attachments

• photo78653.jpg
      photo78653.jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 65
    Looks like the adhesive is breaking loose between the baffle stack and outer tube. I've heard of this happening to quite a few guys but their stack went down range.

Emailed monday they said go ahead and send it off for RMA they usually try to have it done in 48hrs. Though didn't send me a label that i'm aware.

Emailed monday they said go ahead and send it off for RMA they usually try to have it done in 48hrs. Though didn't send me a label that i'm aware.

Yeah...they don't even if it is a manufacturing defect. They are quick though in getting it back to you.

I had a baffle strike on my omega last week and blew it over 50 yards down range. No questions asked they gave me an RMA and told me it would be less than week to turn it around and get it sent back. This is why I own 5 of their cans...

I have no idea. I assume it’s not i purchased it a week before 41F

I did, should be back this week.

mine has now done the same thing as yours. I emailed and will call them to get an RMA.

Im curious what does yours look like now?

thanks! By the way cool peaky blinders profile photo Tom is a bad ass.

mine has now done the same thing as yours. I emailed and will call them to get an RMA.

Im curious what does yours look like now?

thanks! By the way cool peaky blinders profile photo Tom is a bad ass.

So i got it back and have been shooting it but it doesn't really seem that the baffle stack is flush with the sleeve. It's different in that it isn't gold/bronze looking. Looks like it's nickle coated. Haven't shot it on the SAUM yet. Has probably 50rds from a 18" 6.5x47.

Haha thanks man love that show, need to watch the fourth season.

Dude! What are you doing to these cans!? Lol but seriously you either the worst luck with sico or are running then on something beyond their limitations.

Dude! What are you doing to these cans!? Lol but seriously you either the worst luck with sico or are running then on something beyond their limitations.
    Lol i was taking off the area 419 adapters to clean them and rockset them in the can. Since they screw in the cans clockwise and screw on to the adapter counterclockwise i had the omega come undone the other day when i tightened it onto my rifle. But yeah couldn't get the one off the hybrid and the sleeve gave. Not that it matters. Cleaned the threads and put red permatex on there and tightened back down.

Now that you mention it my octane came apart when I was trying to clean it once. I had totally forgot about it, it wasn't a big deal just screwed back together.