• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Side Charge Ar for coyote hunting

kjcpoint

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2010
First off, I am new to the forum and appreciate the knowledge as I have been reading for some time. Thank you members!

Would the side charge handle be the answer for winter coyotes?

I just built a dpms low pro with a JP low mass operating system and a broughton barrel.

The problem is, even with the BCM large latch, its still a pain in the ass with gloves to load and un-load.

Would the mega side charge with a young bolt be bad medicine for yotes? Thank you in advance.

Kyle

Re: Side Charge Ar for coyote hunting

Another one for a badger latch, I'm installing one on my brother in laws colt tomorrow.

+1 for the Badger Latch. Side chargers are convenient but I've never been a fan of having my bolt exposed to the elements.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lionrampan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Side chargers are convenient but I've never been a fan of having my bolt exposed to the elements. </div></div>

That's why you need one done right. Scott at SD can build you a coyote killin upper (or rifle) with an L1A1 style left side charger that isn't just a handle screwed in the bolt.

I do have a standard upper from specialized dynamics. Our local cops love them.

Thought maybe some of you had experience with the mega side charge upper?

Thanks for all the replies.

Kyle