• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierra 1500 or Ford F-150

Do you say that because you’re aware of multiple knock sensors failing simultaneously or because in your youth 12:1 was a lot of compression and you think it ought to knock?

Its in the owners manual and doesn't knock with higher octane..

Reactions: AMGtuned
We run 87 in them at sea level without issue. There are several knock sensors too, and timing would be automatically retarded. That said, I wish we had 100 octane premium.

I run only Shell 93, because it's the best available where I am. The way I drive, I can see/hear/feel a difference when going to Irving 91. Can't imagine running 87 or 89. But, I'm always in sport mode, and never below 2500rpm.

My 2021 F150 has been pure shit, and it replaced another 21 that we had to lemon law. It has had electrical gremlins since I got it (screen and driver dashboard go blank, randomly get's stuck in park and won't come out of it.) I am going 3/4 GMC or Chevy for my next truck. Odds are it will suck too, as I am now firmly convinced anything made or built during the last 2 years is pure shit.