• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sierra 175 tipped match kings load data

Darkside-Six

Trigger Puller.
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan.
    I just picked up a box of these to try out. I usually shoot the regular 175 match kings. Anyone have good results with these? did your charge weight change between the SMK and TMK at all?

Thanks in advance.

We've had a few people recently try them out. Both had an optimal charge weight of 44.7 grains of Varget. They are jumping .020" and shoot exceptionally well.

I was shooting both the SMK and TMK Lapua brass 43.2 Varget for both. They both shot ok but I changed to the 178 ELD Hornady and got better groups at 100yards and shot better out to a1000 yards.
    Shooting a 1-12 twist 26 in barrel.

175 TMK's out of a Snowy Mountain 308
    2700 fps and tiny groups with 42.5 grains of IMR 4064
    CCI 200
    Federal Cases
    1350' above sea level

I don't have any SMK load data. But I know TMK's don't like to jump as much as SMK's will

Im running them in my LaRue 18 inch, 44.6 gr Varget, FGMM Lr primer, Lapua brass, 175 TMK at 2.840 COAL is getting me 2600 fps with a SD of around 5 across 10 rounds. Most consistent round ive shot at 1100 yards from a semi auto, prior to this I had Hornady 178 Amax, and also tried the Berger Jugg 185s. The groups opened up past 44.6 and I wasn't picking up much velocity, pressure signs started at 44.9 gr with popped primers, but its a semi auto, so likely youre going to be able to stretch that OAL out and get more consistency with a bolt gun.

I just shot a 1000 ya match yesterday and had 3 tmk blow up out of 75 shots. My load was 44.3 of Varget . Has anyone else had these bullets come apart on them?