• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Sierra Matchking 6mm Creedmoor--Factory ammo

ruger35

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2019
Baton Rouge, LA
Has anyone given this factory ammo a try? I have searched but can't find any info on it. Seems so far the rifle likes the FGMM, Hornady, and even shoots the Norma sub-moa for the most part (price is very appealing here). I did see there are some Sierra competition ammo on sale and it is the same bullet in the Federal, but was hoping someone out there would have some real world experience. I expect it would perform really close to the Hornady or Federal.

I too am interested in learning of others' experiences with the Sierra Matchking. I shot a box each of the Hornady Black and the Norma 6CM yesterday and found the Norma to be slightly better than the Hornady Black but both were pretty good.

I too am interested in learning of others' experiences with the Sierra Matchking. I shot a box each of the Hornady Black and the Norma 6CM yesterday and found the Norma to be slightly better than the Hornady Black but both were pretty good.
I have had decent success with the Norma. Seems like sometimes its sub-moa sometimes right over. On a 5 shot group there will usually be one flyer, but sometimes it's the first shot sometimes in the middle lol. The price is great, but FGMM and Hornady have performed slightly better than the Norma. Both FGMM and Hornady are the same price, with this Sierra factory ammo a little cheaper. Haven't tried the Hornady black yet.

They were right at 1 MOA for me. I’ve actually pulled these down and weighed charges, bullets etc. Brass is Federal SRP, I weighed the primed brass and it was a few grains heavier the Peterson SRP. CHARGE weight was a very consistent 40.0 gr of what looked like AA 4350. Velocity from my 20” bbl was 2785 with an ES of 25. Damn good for the $ if you can get it $30 per box or less. Midway has it