• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig 2000 should I be scarred

There's a retailer on ebay listing a few. I messaged to asked and they said they had only a very few on hand and that it wasn't a pre order

Unfortunately my experience with the Sig Kilo 2000 has not been good. Mine gets nowhere near what others are reporting. I still need to try it on a tripod and try different settings but so far its been disappointing to say the least. Sigs customer service has been great but unfortunately my unit hasn't been.

I have the kilo 2000. Couldn't get a reading off a semi truck that was no further than 1000 yds. I'm not happy.

Exchange it.
the more I read the more I think sig is a middle man on these.
buy from cabelas if at all possible and avoid sign long turn around time.
my is making hits 1000 easy on deer coyotes and sage brush. Reflective targets at 2200 plus.

yesterday in drizzle rain while coyote hunting I was getting only about 650. But that's normal I think

i have the 2200 shipped on its way right now, I wish i did not have to spend another 80 on a tripod adapter. im hoping the 2200 will allow me to range animals at at least 1000. whitetail and on rare occasion coyotes.
if anyone has a mount their willing to part with id buy, jus sayin!

If it works as speckd it should get you hand held on fur to 1000 and easily bang rocks and reflective targets out at 1800 depends on the rocks. I've got 2100 from buildings.
my first one never got fur much passed 650 and barrel got rocks to 1000 and and never ever got a 2000 plus reading.

there is high chance itl be a dud expecially if it's running same engine as 2000.

Just picked up a 2000 from SWFA. Couldnt be happier. I had it out local today and took a reading on about anything I could see. Everything inside of 1000yds was fast. Beyond took a bit of steadiness but my tripod isnt the best. Anything reflective such as signs, cars or mailboxes with numbers was easy. I was getting readings from a polebarn at over 2800yds consistently. That range took a few scans and steady hands on the tripod...I was getting cold. Sorry for cr@ppy cell pics. Trying to steady cellphone behind unit, 20kt wind, plus I got the flu....

first pic is the polebarn. Second is a "<---" rural roadsign.

Attachments

• photo49112.jpg
    photo49112.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 20
  • photo49113.jpg
    photo49113.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I shoot all free hand. If I can't hit it with range finder I have no business sending a bullet.
mine easily ranges sage brush to well passed 1100.
I was Walmart pking hitting sage brush at 1120 people where giving me funny looks.

I haven't shot fur with this new one yet. But did hit some rocks next to antelope at 1800 last saturday